aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

On my way to work this morning, there was a learner driver in the outside lane a good half mile before the speed reduction signs before the roundabout (about here), they pulled in so I could go past, then pulled straight back out again, causing more people to have to slow right down instead of letting other cars flow past, then moving out closer to the roundabout and not being a potential hazard.

It's not the fault of the learner but the instructor, who should have really known better that they should only have been in the outside lane when overtaking, or once they were close enough to the roundabout that the two lanes split into four.

The sheer effort of linking to google maps shows the level of anger involved. Hat's off!

The sheer effort of linking to google maps shows the level of anger involved. Hat's off!

Too be honest it was the sheer stupidity of the instructor, plus needing to highlight just how far away from the roundabout they were in the outside lane. When normal drivers do it, it's annoying, when it's someone being taught, it makes me wonder what they are going to be like when they pass.

Guest Bob Knob

Just tried to go for a shit in the Prince of Wales. Opened the cubicle door only for it to be kicked back shut again by whoever was inside, followed by them saying "occupiiiiieeed!' in a cunty tone.

Lock the door next time you fucking bell rash!

Pet hate: Having to shit in public.

maybe the lock was bust? thats when you know you're bursting, danger shit territory.

i dont like shitting in public either but see on a night out, dropping your guts at the right moment really gives you a second wind. I accomplished this very satisfying act last night in illicit still. good times.......

Sites like hulu and other streaming services that offer 'clips' instead of full episodes. You think you're getting a new episode of something but no, it's some 2 minute snippet. Who wants to see a clip? Who ever wants to sit down, go to a website, pick a show and watch just a wee bit of it. fuck clips.

Another thing that can get right to fuck is showing bonus scenes of a film during the ad breaks of the same film. It's the stupidest concept ever. I presume it's an American thing but it'll no doubt make its way over soon. My girlfriend and I were watching some Jennifer Aniston rom com and every 20 mins it would go to a break, then at the end of that break it would play a 'bonus deleted scene' from the section of the film I'd just seen. It's like sticking in a dvd and pausing it half way through to watch the extras. We had a bit of an argument because my reaction to it was 'I don't want to watch this anymore, this is one of the stupidest things i've ever witnessed on a TV' and she thought that was a bit over the top, then I got annoyed at her because she thought it was a perfectly normal thing to have happened. Some people just want to see the world burn.

Just found out about the stamp price rises yesterday. 39% for second class and 39% first class is just insane. Now they are also rationing how many people can buy to stop them stockpiling! I know someone involved in music PR who posts a lot of things and they are thinking of just running around every nearby post office buying as many as possible. I also just realised thanks to a BBC article the price of first Class stamps has doubled in the last 8 years and second class stamps aren't far behind either.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-mail/9201272/Royal-Mail-limits-supply-of-stamps-ahead-of-price-rise.html

As well at least the scouts will be busy this Christmas!

Shitting in public is a bit different than having a shite in a public toilet :)

I particularly enjoy have a good shite at work, its a double pleasure ... 1) A good dump can be a mystical experience and 2) You are getting paid for it. a genuine win/win scenario ...

My pet hate though is when you work in a place that has motion (!) sensitive lights in the cludgie... you are in the middle of a nice quiet shite ... and suddenly you are plunged into darkness... fukkin hate that !!

• Upvote 6

I particularly enjoy have a good shite at work, its a double pleasure ... 1) A good dump can be a mystical experience and 2) You are getting paid for it. a genuine win/win scenario ...

My pet hate though is when you work in a place that has motion (!) sensitive lights in the cludgie... you are in the middle of a nice quiet shite ... and suddenly you are plunged into darkness... fukkin hate that !!

We had one that was on a minute timer.

The main problem comes, if there is one in each cubicle and the lights go out. Whats the social protocol, who waves first - the guy who came in last? But conversely, if the lights don't go off after a minute, you knew he was sitting there waving his arms like a loon.

I used to like switching off the lights in the windowless gents staff toilet in Bruce Millers while someone was in one of the cubicles. Used to wait until my old boss went upstairs for a shit then 2 minutes or so later i'd bomb up the stairs and put the light off plunging him into pitch black intimacy with his own shit.

• Upvote 1

I used to like switching off the lights in the windowless gents staff toilet in Bruce Millers while someone was in one of the cubicles. Used to wait until my old boss went upstairs for a shit then 2 minutes or so later i'd bomb up the stairs and put the light off plunging him into pitch black intimacy with his own shit.

I always suspected it was you !

We had one that was on a minute timer.

The main problem comes, if there is one in each cubicle and the lights go out. Whats the social protocol, who waves first - the guy who came in last? But conversely, if the lights don't go off after a minute, you knew he was sitting there waving his arms like a loon.

A minute to have a shite ? thats the worst sort of fascism ! Some things cannot/should not be rushed...

I don't want to get too engrossed in a conversation about poo, but I agree with the latter. Getting paid to poo is a wonderful feeling. Punching in the shitclock.

• Upvote 1

Picking up a second hand game from HMV in a shopping centre fucking miles away, then getting it home, switching on your XBox and opening up the game box to find no disc. Arseholes. Now I have to go and drive all the way to fucking Blanchardstown.

That happens here so often. The staff just outright forget to put the game in the box. Even worse is when you pay for a preowned game and the disc ends up having a tiny scratch in it which is enough to make it unusable. Rage.

Pet Hates: People in airports, and i mean ALL people. For some reason, airports turn regular folks into total bell ends. They can't use the self check-in service; they take fucking ages to empty their pockets in security only to forget the giant belt buckle they're wearing; they push to get on to the plane; they sit in the wrong seat; they take ages to find their passport at customs control. I get so wound up that my angry mumblings inevitably evolve into loud swearing. I take about 2/3 return flight a month and i fear the journey every time.