aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Twats on the BBC F1 page who comment on blogs / stories etc and desperately try to out-anorak each other and blind everyone with science, like the world's nerdiest dick-swinging contest. Take these two for example:

At 08:04 17th Apr 2012, Tom wrote:
    Glad to see that Webber's current form is being compared to the situation in 2010. Remember when Red Bull turned up in Bahrain 2010 with the aggressive "coke bottle" exhausts to the surprise of the other teams, they hadn't yet mastered the crucial off-throttle element of their blown diffuser through engine maps - leading to the car being relatively unstable on corner entry compared to during other phases - for whatever reason Webber could make more out of this setup which is what gave him the jump over his team-mate during the first half of the season.
    Accordingly, with the team trying to run a more aggressive blown exhaust layout but without the off-throttle mapping, the advantage is back with Webber, for now at least.
    Vettel's a great train driver - but when the car's not on rails he seems to struggle. At least the myth that he can't overtake has been dispelled.

At 08:25 17th Apr 2012, stevieeng34 wrote:
    Gearbox and clutch control was what split Vettel from Webber last year but in 2012 with RAND fired gears and DS Alternator switch on the wheel we are seeing a different story this time.

At 10:04 17th Apr 2012, stevieeng34 wrote:
  • Hamilton looks in control of the RANDS but not so sure over DS. Time will tell but the RANDS changes especially following initial FOL interfaces have made for some great racing this year. Let's hope it continues.

The colossal amount of Record Store Day stuff on ebay already, all of which was only put on sale in the shops this morning. Way to ruin the whole point of Record Store Day by being a hideous tout. Fucking scabs.

Agreed. There were a couple of records I couldn't get on Saturday in one up that are readily available on eBay for more than double their rrp. Bastards.

Searching for "Record Store Day 2012" on Ebay on the evening of Record Store Day itself returned 40+ pages of stuff. Hideous, horrid bastards. I hope everything they sell gets lost in the post and Paypal returns everyones money. Scabs.

You could alway make fake ebay accounts, bid a ridiculous amount and not pay them, won't help in the long run but bound to piss the little turd streaks off.

Only a small pet hate, but I'm sure most spec wearers will agree ......

When something like a eyebrow hair/small piece of thread gets caught up in the nose pad fitting..... :(

Annoying as fuck as it tickles your face :mad: .... and if your eyesight is pretty bad, when taking off your specs to remove it ....... you can't fucking see the damn thing.

...... grrrrr !

Only a small pet hate, but I'm sure most spec wearers will agree ......

When something like a eyebrow hair/small piece of thread gets caught up in the nose pad fitting..... :(

Annoying as fuck as it tickles your face :mad: .... and if your eyesight is pretty bad, when taking off your specs to remove it ....... you can't fucking see the damn thing.

...... grrrrr !

More annoyingly, I have a big deep fucking scratch in my glasses right in my line of vision. And I can't afford new ones. Grrr. It's maddening. Like having a floater that won't go away.

• Upvote 1

Searching for "Record Store Day 2012" on Ebay on the evening of Record Store Day itself returned 40+ pages of stuff. Hideous, horrid bastards. I hope everything they sell gets lost in the post and Paypal returns everyones money. Scabs.

What exactly is/was Record Store Day 2012?

Im guessing its a thing where they sell exclusive music in shops, and Soda is pissed because a lot of them have prob just bought stuff so they can sell it for huge profits on ebay

So instead of the record labels taking our money the focus is shifted to record stores taking our money?

So instead of the record labels taking our money the focus is shifted to record stores taking our money?

No, from reading, its something set up to encourage people to shop in record shops instead of just buying online, they seem to have struck a deal to have certain special releases only made avaliable during these record store days from the shops participating, and as you would expect all that has happened is tons of people have gone along and are now raking it in selling limited edition music for probably 5-6 times what they bought it for, and it kinda defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

It's a chance to put emphasis on independent record labels and stores, who release/publish music that bigger labels wouldn't see as commercially viable. It breeds variation, as well as the fact record shops are ace places to talk and find out more about music.

It's not just about buying records. It's an occasion, and it's great. Anyone can go onto to Amazon, or ebay and buy a record, and with Record Stores dropping like flies, it's a great occasion to get everyone down to their local indie record shop and buy stuff. The whole point is to make these Record Store Day releases exclusive to the shops, and not be available for online purchase. What these record scabs are doing is is making the whole point completely redundant, and if it continues to happen, Record Store Day will be a thing of the past. As will Record Stores. But they don't care because they are buying records and selling them on to fans who desperately want them for a 200% markup, because people are fucking scum.

I don't know why it's bothered me so much. I didn't really fancy much that came out this year, but plenty of people will have missed out, and seeing absolute rotters selling RSD 7" singles for £30 on ebay boils my piss. It's just horrid, but what can you do? You can't screen everyone who buys a record, can you?

"Do you really like this band? Sing a song. What's the drummers name? What was their first demo tape called? What school did the bass player go to, you fucking poser?!"

Twats on the BBC F1 page who comment on blogs / stories etc and desperately try to out-anorak each other and blind everyone with science, like the world's nerdiest dick-swinging contest. Take these two for example:

At 08:04 17th Apr 2012, Tom wrote:
    Glad to see that Webber's current form is being compared to the situation in 2010. Remember when Red Bull turned up in Bahrain 2010 with the aggressive "coke bottle" exhausts to the surprise of the other teams, they hadn't yet mastered the crucial off-throttle element of their blown diffuser through engine maps - leading to the car being relatively unstable on corner entry compared to during other phases - for whatever reason Webber could make more out of this setup which is what gave him the jump over his team-mate during the first half of the season.
    Accordingly, with the team trying to run a more aggressive blown exhaust layout but without the off-throttle mapping, the advantage is back with Webber, for now at least.
    Vettel's a great train driver - but when the car's not on rails he seems to struggle. At least the myth that he can't overtake has been dispelled.

At 08:25 17th Apr 2012, stevieeng34 wrote:
    Gearbox and clutch control was what split Vettel from Webber last year but in 2012 with RAND fired gears and DS Alternator switch on the wheel we are seeing a different story this time.

At10:0417th Apr 2012,stevieeng34wrote:
  • Hamilton looks in control of the RANDS but not so sure over DS. Time will tell but the RANDS changes especially following initial FOL interfaces have made for some great racing this year. Let's hope it continues.

I have two friends on facebook who do the exact same thing. Every Sunday night one of them posts on the others wall and it just turns into a 200+ comment fact fest. Ones a Hamilton fan and the other is an Alonso fan so the 'debate' usually revolves which one did best and why the other one didn't do as good. It's dreadfully boring to read.

It's not just about buying records. It's an occasion, and it's great. Anyone can go onto to Amazon, or ebay and buy a record, and with Record Stores dropping like flies, it's a great occasion to get everyone down to their local indie record shop and buy stuff. The whole point is to make these Record Store Day releases exclusive to the shops, and not be available for online purchase. What these record scabs are doing is is making the whole point completely redundant, and if it continues to happen, Record Store Day will be a thing of the past. As will Record Stores. But they don't care because they are buying records and selling them on to fans who desperately want them for a 200% markup, because people are fucking scum.

I don't know why it's bothered me so much. I didn't really fancy much that came out this year, but plenty of people will have missed out, and seeing absolute rotters selling RSD 7" singles for £30 on ebay boils my piss. It's just horrid, but what can you do? You can't screen everyone who buys a record, can you?

"Do you really like this band? Sing a song. What's the drummers name? What was their first demo tape called? What school did the bass player go to, you fucking poser?!"

On the radio on Friday they were talking to two record store owners who were saying that it was a pointless practice, as while you get people through the doors on one day of the year, very little of them return afterwards. One guy was saying he would prefer a loyalty scheme for the limited releases, such as collect points/stamps over the year, then redeem for the limited releases. The people that actually use the stores then get the records with a minority ending up on fleabay, more people go through the record stores every week meaning lees chance of them dying out.

I have two friends on facebook who do the exact same thing. Every Sunday night one of them posts on the others wall and it just turns into a 200+ comment fact fest. Ones a Hamilton fan and the other is an Alonso fan so the 'debate' usually revolves which one did best and why the other one didn't do as good. It's dreadfully boring to read.
Here's a fucking crazy idea...don't read it.
  • Upvote 1