aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest davetherave
I used to use it everyday. I contemplated driving off the bridge almost everyday...

I'm sure I could buy an army surplus pontoon bridge at an auction and create another don crossing myself:D

Well it is to me and to many other normal road users. Idiots who sit in it from one end to the other doing 40-50mph need to stop driving.

The problem isn't just that idiot, it's that idiot and you. Any driver who just sits in the outside lane the whole time is wrong.

Another on topic pet hate is sitting in traffic approaching a roundabout. You get close to a pedestrain crossing and even though the traffic isn't moving some utter shitbag presses the button, looks across spots there's no cars moving then crosses. Traffic starts moving and BOOM the lights change as you get to them leaving you screaming as the cars in front of you whip off round the roundabout and into the horizon as NOBODY crosses the road. All whilst this smug button pressing cunt wanders up the road wondering what he's going to have for supper when he gets in.

I've definitely been guilty of that many times. Pedestrians for the win.

• Upvote 1

Sounds more like a detox than weightloss plan to me.

I could also give a huge long list of reasons why the science behind detoxing is intrinsically flawed, and you're better off to just live healthier because your body doesn't 'flush out' any toxins whilst you're on that sort of weightloss regime.

Guest davetherave
The problem isn't just that idiot, it's that idiot and you. Any driver who just sits in the outside lane the whole time is wrong.

I use both lanes, since we pay so much in petrol and road tax I like to get my moneys worth ;)

But I don't sit in it. I very rarely go to Westhill, I go past the oil offices. I use it to overtake. But I can't when idiots insist on sitting in the lane keeping people who want to get somewhere stuck behind them.

Another on topic pet hate is sitting in traffic approaching a roundabout. You get close to a pedestrain crossing and even though the traffic isn't moving some utter shitbag presses the button, looks across spots there's no cars moving then crosses. Traffic starts moving and BOOM the lights change as you get to them leaving you screaming as the cars in front of you whip off round the roundabout and into the horizon as NOBODY crosses the road. All whilst this smug button pressing cunt wanders up the road wondering what he's going to have for supper when he gets in.

Fuck that i'll press it so I don't get ran over if the traffic does start moving and some guy in a car isn't really paying attention to pedestrians and is thinking "what's for supper?"

• Upvote 1

Guest Gladstone

The problem isn't the pedestrian but the fact there's a pedestrian crossing there in the first place. Extra sets of traffic lights for pedestrian crossings can fuck off. If you just had a pedestrian crossing built into wherever the next set of lights are the pedestrian would have two choices. Cross when the traffic isn't moving like in your example and nothing bad happens. Or if they don't like that idea, they can fucking walk an extra 100 yards or so to where inevitably there will be a set of traffic lights and cross there.

The roundabout that crosses St Machar Drive is an absolute nightmare. Caused solely be the pedestrian crossings at all 4 exits. Why the fuck is there a pedestrian crossing at the exit heading for the beach? Not too many cars go down there. But it just takes 3 cars to want to head that way at roughly the same time to cause a build up on the roundabout and prevent anyone wanting to go towards Union Street. Same goes for heading up St Machar Drive. It's busier but there are lights just up the road a wee bit. Because it's busier, the potential for a build up on the roundabout is worse. And as for pedestrian crossings on the King Street exits - just plain ridiculous. One of the main commuter roads in and out of Aberdeen. Someone drove into the back of me on that roundabout because of those fucking lights. You're not supposed to enter the roundabout unless your exit is clear - but it's impossible on that roundabout when the pedestrian crossing is green and the cars on the roundabout are actually moving when you enter the roundabout, but then everything comes to a fucking halt because of the pedestrian crossing. I was on the roundabout waiting for the lights to change so that I could be on my merry way, when a van (driver obviously looking right at the roundabout traffic and not concentrating on what was actually in front of him, so also his fault) nipped onto the roundabout and hit the car behind me, which then bumped into me. No damage, so I wasn't that bothered. But still - if that pedestrian crossing wasn't there, that would never have happened.

I love it when you press the crossing button, then there's suddenly no traffic. I cross while the man is still red, then he turns green and stops the cars as they all come up to the lights. I make sure every last one of them sees my cheeky grin. Because they have no right to moan except jealousy that I'm getting to where I need to be. I mean, if I had waited for the green man they'd still be sitting waiting for the same amount of time. And it makes me overwhelmed with joy that some fanny is moaning to whoever's in the car with him because he has to stop for no one.

I do this pretty much every day :D

Unfortunately true, same thing when a lane is closed and folk are supposed to merge in turn? My other pet hate is folk sitting in the outside (fast) lane at around 45-55 mph in a 60-70 zone unaware of the cars behind them, which means the only way past is to undertake them!

This is the worst thing.

Guest Bob Knob
Unfortunately true, same thing when a lane is closed and folk are supposed to merge in turn? My other pet hate is folk sitting in the outside (fast) lane at around 45-55 mph in a 60-70 zone unaware of the cars behind them, which means the only way past is to undertake them!

undertaker----tombstone.jpg

• Upvote 1

I could give you many reasons why this is a dumb idea that won't really help your weightloss, and how there are plenty of other healthier ways to shed the pounds that won't take particularly long.

It's not quite as retarded an idea as it sounds. You live on a fuckload of fruit and veg juice only for a few days with some wheatgrass and other disgusting hippy shit thrown in which apparantley stops your body from thinking it's "starving" and holding on to all the fat in there. After that, you slowly re-introduce healthy food and go back to a "normal" but healthy diet. The main reason for it is just to give the long-term healthy eating and exercise a kick start. Otherwise I'd cave and snack on bags of crisps and shit and tell myself that since I was at the gym in the morning that it's OK.

Quick-fix diets never actually work, but it's a good way to re-align my views on eating. For example, today I 'cheated' and had a wee salad for lunch rather than just a juice. Which is a fuckload better than having a sandwich or whatever for lunch and if you decide to be a bit naughty you add a Mars bar to it.

Or something.

xx

I'll tell you exactly why there are crossings off exits at roundabouts.

Let's take the Haudagain as an example. Say I'm walking down North Anderson Drive towards the Haudagain. I'm walking to Bridge of Don, so I want to go straight on, over the roundabout, onto Mugiemoss Road. If the pedestrian crossing is situated 600 yards along Auchmill Road (rather than a short walk away JUST OFF the roundabout) I may just try and risk 'nipping across' in breaks in traffic rather than bothering to walk the distance to be guaranteed a safe cross. DANGER DANGER!

I completely agree it's fucking annoying, but that is why I believe it is how it is.

The End

Guest Gladstone
I'll tell you exactly why there are crossings off exits at roundabouts.

Let's take the Haudagain as an example. Say I'm walking down North Anderson Drive towards the Haudagain. I'm walking to Bridge of Don, so I want to go straight on, over the roundabout, onto Mugiemoss Road. If the pedestrian crossing is situated 600 yards along Auchmill Road (rather than a short walk away JUST OFF the roundabout) I may just try and risk 'nipping across' in breaks in traffic rather than bothering to walk the distance to be guaranteed a safe cross. DANGER DANGER!

I completely agree it's fucking annoying, but that is why I believe it is how it is.

The End

I understand that, but there should be those bridge crossing things that they have in Dundee. Designed exactly so that the traffic can flow and keep pedestrians safe.