aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I talk about the radio since they stick to 96FM at work, a radio station that plays "classic rock" - really just pays for Alice Cooper's syndicated broadcast thing - so you get your ACDC and your OMD and your REM and all that stuff but after he's finished it goes back to the live DJs who seems to have like one CD playing Good Charlotte and All American Rejects. Fucking shite.

Radio 1 is a pretty shit radio station anyway to be honest but in the UK at least it's the best (mainstream) one available. Absolute Radio sounds ace.

Over here we have Triple J, which plays "new" music - so you get stuff by Slow Club, Chairlift, Bon Iver and so on. Best radio station in the world. It's what turned me onto Beach House's new one which was magic, and just yesterday it played "Idioteque", the best Radiohead song. I love that station lots.

Or the dicks who upload videos as MATCH HIGHTLIGHTS but it's just a slideshow of still images, and you have to go on some sort of internet assault course to watch the video you're actually looking for, but the advertised video probably doesn't really exist anyway.

101greatgoals.com is your friend. Fuck Youtube.

• Upvote 2

I hate articles like this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17654781#FBM85768

Yes, we should scrap holidays so we can boost the economy, while we're at it we could do away with days off at weekends too. Maybe we could even up the normal work week to 70hrs. Just think of all the glorious extra billions the economy would have.

I hate articles like this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17654781#FBM85768

Yes, we should scrap holidays so we can boost the economy, while we're at it we could do away with days off at weekends too. Maybe we could even up the normal work week to 70hrs. Just think of all the glorious extra billions the economy would have.

I should probably sleep at work too, maybe even live at my desk. Not paying rent would give me so much more disposable income to spend on toys and gadgets, and I really do love helping the government for a mess which isn't my fault. It's OK David Cameron. You keep flying to the States and watching NBA games, courtside, with your bezzy Barack. I'll work through May Day and just use the minimal annual leave entitlement I get if I want a day off, you fucking Tory scab.

Not sure why I brought Cameron into it. I just assume everything is his fault now. I have no reason to think otherwise.

• Upvote 2

I only take holidays if i need the time off, for the most part i dont mind working, its something to do as much as anything. Plus there is no point being off for a week if no one else you know is off, its just a waste of week if you do that. I carried over 5 days from last year, ill prob carry over again this year unless i have stuff to do. When i worked in the kitchen i used to work in i didnt take any holidays for the first 18 months, and in the 3 years i was there i think i only took about 5/6 weeks off, and 1 of those was when i spilt boiling water over my arm and had a HUGE fucking blister.

Why would anyone not take all their holidays?

I carried 5 days over from last year because I didn't take more than a couple of days off at a time then it was suddenly November and I had 12 days to take and not enough time to use them all. Turns out carrying them over was a great idea because I took 2 and a bit weeks off in March to go on a big-ass holiday and now I still have 17 days for the rest of the year. Hell yeah.

I don't get bank holidays off - it's almost enough to make me miss working for a bank.

I only take holidays if i need the time off, for the most part i dont mind working, its something to do as much as anything. Plus there is no point being off for a week if no one else you know is off, its just a waste of week if you do that. I carried over 5 days from last year, ill prob carry over again this year unless i have stuff to do. When i worked in the kitchen i used to work in i didnt take any holidays for the first 18 months, and in the 3 years i was there i think i only took about 5/6 weeks off, and 1 of those was when i spilt boiling water over my arm and had a HUGE fucking blister.

Fuck that. All of it. Taking a week off and spending it in your pyjamas (read as: boxer shorts and Street Fighter II t shirt) doing absolutely fuck all are the BEST weeks. Taking time off with the other half, or when your mates are off is shite. They're always wanting to do things, and go outside, and get involved with things that include getting dressed and being away from Football Manager. It sounds like pure hell. I'd rather work a 24 hour day than have that happen.

• Upvote 3

I spent years doing that tho, being a "student" and basically playing champ all day and night. Now a days i want to do something with my time off. Ill take a week or so off for T in the Park, mostly because it takes a week to wash it off when you come back and ill maybe take a week off for my birthday, the rest will be left until i really need the time off.