aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

The last few posts reminded me of my latest pet hate - all the school related facebook apps. I keep getting messages saying people I went to school with have posted on my wall and it's just because they've tagged me in some piece of shit schoolfeed app

• Upvote 1

Guest Gladstone

Facebook in general is a pet hate of mine. I can't bring myself to remove myself from it because it is handy to keep in touch with folk (nobody seems to use mobile phones or e-mail addresses anymore - just facebook!). But that means I need to be witness to some of the most mundane shit known to man and some of the most annoying shit known to man.

People's "private" conversations being carried out as "wall-to-wall" conversations - such as:

"Hey hun, what time you home tonight?"

"Don't know - got this essay to finish in the library first - maybe about 7pm?"

"Aw, okay cool, let me know and I'll get the supper on!"

"Oooh, what's for supper?"

"Cheesey pasta lol"

":-)"

FUCK OFF

Or people keeping the world up to date on their little cretin's fucking illness / lack of sleep / shitting in public. Honestly - I couldn't give a fuck and I'm sure most other people couldn't either (even although comments such as "My poor wee soul's got a sore throat again and can't sleep tonight" are often littered with comments from other cunts who need to get a worthwhile hobby saying shit like "aw, hope he feels better soon, little Kelsi had that last week"). They are fucking kids, they will get ill, be a pain in the arse, fart in front of someone in public, the same as the rest of us did when we were kids but our parents didn't write fucking letters to all their friends to tell them about it.

Or people keeping the world up to date on their little cretin's fucking illness / lack of sleep / shitting in public. Honestly - I couldn't give a fuck and I'm sure most other people couldn't either (even although comments such as "My poor wee soul's got a sore throat again and can't sleep tonight" are often littered with comments from other cunts who need to get a worthwhile hobby saying shit like "aw, hope he feels better soon, little Kelsi had that last week"). They are fucking kids, they will get ill, be a pain in the arse, fart in front of someone in public, the same as the rest of us did when we were kids but our parents didn't write fucking letters to all their friends to tell them about it.
On a similar note, people that post nothing apart from "hipstamatic" (IE over exposed, sepia pish) photos of their girlfriend/boyfriend. Like...one a day at least.

I know what they look like. I'm sure you do too. And when it goes horribly wrong, you're going have a bitch of a cunt of a time deleting all these photos through your tears. So just stop it now.

• Upvote 3

Facebook hatin'. I'm in. Not so much the site, as it's a good thing. Just some idiots who use it. I've got someone on my list whose boyfriend has commented on every single one of her photos with shit like "OMGZZZ SO HOT" to really clingy desperate shit like "Isn't it AMAZING when your girlfriend is so hot and stylish like this?". What a tit.

• Upvote 2

On a similar note, people that post nothing apart from "hipstamatic" (IE over exposed, sepia pish) photos of their girlfriend/boyfriend. Like...one a day at least.

I know what they look like. I'm sure you do too. And when it goes horribly wrong, you're going have a bitch of a cunt of a time deleting all these photos through your tears. So just stop it now.

I just create a slideshow of photos of their girlfriend and then send a video of me thrashing my meat pipe over it to them.

• Upvote 3

Mine is people who post the same shit on facebook every single day. There's a guy, soon to disappear from my feed whose posts all consist of:

"Standing at the platform. No train. Again. #scotfail"

"This sunny, dry almost warm weather doesn't half mess up the trains... #scotfail"

You don't like the train service. We get it.

Another one is people on your feed whose posts are ALWAYS depressing. Now the people I'm referencing here actually both suffer from depression, which may explain it, but c'montaefuck, do you make it any better by posting this shit?!

"Thank fuck this year is over. Worst year of my life." I'm sure the woman you married in August (who is smokin' hot) will be delighted to read that.

"Does anyone want to come and see me. Give me a reason to leave the house." Aye, with that go-getter attitude, I'd love to spend some hours in your company.

I used to grump about the trains when they weren't running, but I complain about everything on Facebook. But I'd like to think I balanced it out with witty comments. But in hindsight I think it was 95% complaining, 5% jokes.

Mine is people who post the same shit on facebook every single day. There's a guy, soon to disappear from my feed whose posts all consist of:

"This sunny, dry almost warm weather doesn't half mess up the trains... #scotfail"

You don't like the train service. We get it.

Someone using hashtags outside of Twitter??

fuuuuu_The_Worlds_Hardest_Game_3-s343x268-95358-580.jpg

• Upvote 1

Their Twitter is maybe linked to their Facebook so they only have to update in one place.

#justlikemyab-musicaccount

I know a couple on my Facebook friends are, but there's loads that aren't that still do hashtags for pointless mundane shite. Not sure why it bothers me, but it does. Twitter is rubbish.

The whole hash tag thing pisses me off something fierce. I don't mind twitter but I don't really know why it exsists. It doesn't really do anything special.

tony hawk gives away free skateboards over twitter. if that isn't "doing something special" i don't know what is.

Here's why I think twitter is awesome (better than / completely different to facebook)

• 140 character limit on posts means it keeps people succinct and stops pages and pages of bitching like in FB.
  • The fact that 'following' is a one-way street means that if someone is dull, unfolllow them. Not like in FB where "unfriending" someone can be some huge social awkwardness that makes people like Lucky sad.
  • It's easier to skim-read stuff on a twitter feed than it is on FB.
  • No event invitations, birthday reminders, farmville requests.. etc.

xx