aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

People in Fraserburgh use existing words to describe new things. Eg. tablet is called toffee, when in fact is isn't toffee, it's tablet. It's confusing even for me, and I'm from there. And butteries / rowies are called rolls. But that's insane, because rolls are softies, and that's pretty much accepted the world over. So why take that word and use it for something else? Just make up a new word. Like...... rowie. Or buttery. X(

• Upvote 1

People in Fraserburgh use existing words to describe new things. Eg. tablet is called toffee, when in fact is isn't toffee, it's tablet. It's confusing even for me, and I'm from there. And butteries / rowies are called rolls. But that's insane, because rolls are softies, and that's pretty much accepted the world over. So why take that word and use it for something else? Just make up a new word. Like...... rowie. Or buttery. X(

I've followed that all my life

tablet is called toffee, butteries are called rolls, and rolls are softies.

similar debate of what stovies are

the wrong people claim stovies to be corned beef, tatties, gravy and onion. sorry but thats corned beef hash not stovies

I've followed that all my life

tablet is called toffee, butteries are called rolls, and rolls are softies.

similar debate of what stovies are

the wrong people claim stovies to be corned beef, tatties, gravy and onion. sorry but thats corned beef hash not stovies

Stovies is tatties and roast beef. Gravy optional. That's not a debate, that's fact!

Stovies is tatties and roast beef. Gravy optional. That's not a debate, that's fact!

Other meats are available (Musa do duck stovies that I really want to try sometime) but corned beef is just wrong. Seems to be popular down Dundee way which explains a lot.

Tablet i ace but i can only have a few bites before i feel sick, even though i have an incredibly sweet tooth. Would probably rather have Toffee for munching on.

So that's like everyone Vs Me and Soda Jerk. I'm willing to fight on this one, since i'm on his side for a change.

Get in. Let's have 'em. Are you any good at Chokeslams? No worries if not, because I'm really great at them.

• Upvote 2