aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Yep, LOADS of people on my fb do it.

Twitter is dung. Most of the posts are an unreadable mess of hashtags, @s and mini URLs. Its an absolute waste of time

I think that's my problem with it too. Genuinely have no idea what loads of posts even mean beneath all the RT, hashtags, gobbldigook URLS. Why can't people just say things, without all the jargon, like THE BIG SAM, King of Twitter.

It's not complicated.

@PERSON here is usually where words go mini.link/something #topic #othertopic

saying something related to #topic about @Person. #other topic @other @people @who @might @care

Not that hard.

xx

EDIT: Pet Hate: The Like button. I use it far too much. I want my "like" privileges to be restricted like rep points were. I need boundaries!

• Upvote 2

Re-tweets are the worst, to be fair.

If @celebrity decides to re-tweet a birthday thing sent to them by @person, your feed will show this:

@Celebrity says:

RT @person "@Celebrity any chance of a retweet for my birthday thanks!"

Most annoying, but infinitely preferable to seeing a slew of people liking those stupid joke pages with hilariously clever titles...

xx

It's not complicated.

@PERSON here is usually where words go mini.link/something #topic #othertopic

saying something related to #topic about @Person. #other topic @other @people @who @might @care

Not that hard.

xx

EDIT: Pet Hate: The Like button. I use it far too much. I want my "like" privileges to be restricted like rep points were. I need boundaries!

That makes me angry at twitter.

for example

@AFC Great game at the weekend #SPL #1-0 @jimleighton.

Could be conveyed as

Great 1-0 victory to Aberdeen at the weekend. Jim Leighton will enjoy this.

Its also this whole "OMG Twitter is such a powerful tool" that annoys me, its a fucking blogging site celebrities have signed up too to gain popularity, its such bullshit. All it has done is show us how fucking dumb some famous people are.

I've never heard that about twitter, but while it's a stupid sentiment it is a good way for celebrities to gain fans among people who may not have liked them otherwise. Ricky Grevais, for example. I thought he was a ballsack and hated him in everything I had seen him in, but a few re-tweets appeared on my twitter of him being funny, I followed him and am now don't think he's a ballsack, I just thought the UK Office was shit. It's generally good for would-be comedians/comedy writers to drum up interest in their work.

I think facebook is a more "powerful tool" (#dickjoke) though when it comes to promoting gigs and events on a smaller, more local scale.

xx

I get your point, and that's far easier to read. I like the idea of the #topics though. It makes the whole thing feel less.. cliquey? It's a more public forum than facebok is. If you tweet a stranger it's not as wierd as it would be to post something on their wall on fb.

xx

Yeah I see what you mean man.

The burning question here though is...

What's Bebo doing?