aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I've never heard that about twitter, but while it's a stupid sentiment it is a good way for celebrities to gain fans among people who may not have liked them otherwise. Ricky Grevais, for example. I thought he was a ballsack and hated him in everything I had seen him in, but a few re-tweets appeared on my twitter of him being funny, I followed him and am now don't think he's a ballsack, I just thought the UK Office was shit. It's generally good for would-be comedians/comedy writers to drum up interest in their work.

I think facebook is a more "powerful tool" (#dickjoke) though when it comes to promoting gigs and events on a smaller, more local scale.

xx

Well thats another reason for me to hate it, it makes you think Rick Gervais is funny.

If it was just a site for promoting stuff then i prob wouldnt hate it as much, but from what i gather thats a small part of it, the rest is knobbers telling people there are having a half chicken@nando's, who fucking cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the office being shit. Ricky Gervias is about as funny as a bin bag caught on a fence.

Another thing I dislike about social networking on a whole is when peoples posts get read out on the news.

The newsreader is always clueless and says things like

'Tweeters took to Twitter to voice their opinions on David Blunketts outburst'. I can't wait to hear Trevor McDonald say 'one user xoxoonickibabbezzxoxo was quoted saying 'ZOMG blind gui bbq # bNp4lyfe# @jennidollxoxo12

• Upvote 1

Well thats another reason for me to hate it, it makes you think Rick Gervais is funny.

If it was just a site for promoting stuff then i prob wouldnt hate it as much, but from what i gather thats a small part of it, the rest is jakebassit telling people there are having a half chicken@nando's, who fucking cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Shitloads of really funny people use twitter to be funny (our very own Waltz and Nef C are both good fun on there). I enjoy being able to read the funny things that they think of and choose to share. The best part is that I get to follow the people that I think are funny regardless of whether other people I know agree with me.

• Upvote 1

I prefer the US one, but I don't really think of them as being the same at all, other than sitcoms set in an office. It went completely in it's own direction by season 2. There are similarities between Gervais and Carell, in how insular and obnoxious they are, but that's about it. I like the original Office too.

• Upvote 2

I'm on the same page as Joe there, I think the US and UK versions share little similarity other than the setting and the title. I suppose it'd be more accurate to term them The Office and The US Office or something, but I refer you to my previous invitation to violence if you disapprove of how I conduct my rolling.

xx