aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I think you need to be one of those smiley smarmy pricks that likes clingy chatter and being overly social to succeed in that field. S'just not me.

Strange enough as it is, even after my previous rants about poor service I have to say getting the over polite, smarmy, over talkative service, also bugs me a wee bit. All I want is a good service for attentive staff. If I want to be treated with resentment or feel that I am invisible I would do all my shopping/eating out at a passport control. Hey maybe I'm too hard to please...

Biting into a Pringle (or something like that) and get a really sharp bit stuck up between your tooth and gum........frigging agony.

i find hula hoops are like chewing shrapnel for this....pringles have gone so thin and pussy these days that i dont find the above being a big problem but hula hoops....shitting hell thats a sore one....

Fucking landslips.

Luton Airport. I know it's the Easter holidays, but this was taking the piss. In addition, due to the fact that there were so many people of differing nationalities there I have no idea who to be annoyed at about a complete inability to queue like a normal fucking person. So fuck everyone. Also, there were no dedicated check-in desks for my flight it was just 'All Easyjet flights check-in here' which caused an absolute clusterfuck, and the guy just in front of me held up my line because he hadn't paid for the sixty million fucking suitcases he had and didn't seem able to comprehend this fact. All the while his delightful spawn were crawling all over everything they could climb on and screeching at the top of their lungs.

My 'interview' shoes which murdered my feet as I walked around South Kensington even though I'd broken them in and worn them before with no problems. When I got off the plane back to Aberdeen I had to take them off when I was walking through Arrivals to stop me limping.

The London Underground. I don't mind standing and I don't mind enclosed spaces but I do mind inconsiderate bastards acting like I'm not there and backing into me every five fucking seconds.

That said, I shouldn't complain because I totally nailed that interview, but I was on Kalms all day yesterday which seemed to quell my ability to fly into a rage about these things until today.

Fucking landslips.

Luton Airport. I know it's the Easter holidays, but this was taking the piss. In addition, due to the fact that there were so many people of differing nationalities there I have no idea who to be annoyed at about a complete inability to queue like a normal fucking person. So fuck everyone. Also, there were no dedicated check-in desks for my flight it was just 'All Easyjet flights check-in here' which caused an absolute clusterfuck, and the guy just in front of me held up my line because he hadn't paid for the sixty million fucking suitcases he had and didn't seem able to comprehend this fact. All the while his delightful spawn were crawling all over everything they could climb on and screeching at the top of their lungs.

Yes, this. I had very similar issues with Luton Airport last October when I was down in London for the Superbowl. It's a horrible mess of a place.

HMV's stupid pricing of X-Files box sets.

I started buying all the box sets from there a while back, and I was just buying them as I watched them, over the space of about a year I bought series 1 - series 4 for 20 each. Then at Xmas I went in to buy series 5, which they had for 20, but then they had a box set of all 9 series' for 70. I was tempted to buy that and sell my first 4 series, but I know I would never have got round to it, plus I didn't have a whole lot of cash to spare so I opted to pay the 20 for 1 series instead of the 70 for all 9.

This week I went in to get series 6 and the box sets have gone up to 40 each! Bastards. Now I have to get them off Amazon, which is annoying cos I want to watch it tonight and Amazon's listing for series 6 says "Usually dispatched within 1 to 3 weeks."

FML.

HMV's stupid pricing of X-Files box sets.

I started buying all the box sets from there a while back, and I was just buying them as I watched them, over the space of about a year I bought series 1 - series 4 for 20 each. Then at Xmas I went in to buy series 5, which they had for 20, but then they had a box set of all 9 series' for 70. I was tempted to buy that and sell my first 4 series, but I know I would never have got round to it, plus I didn't have a whole lot of cash to spare so I opted to pay the 20 for 1 series instead of the 70 for all 9.

This week I went in to get series 6 and the box sets have gone up to 40 each! Bastards. Now I have to get them off Amazon, which is annoying cos I want to watch it tonight and Amazon's listing for series 6 says "Usually dispatched within 1 to 3 weeks."

FML.

The ones on the amazon marketplace are all ship right away. That's where I buy mine from.