aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

The ones on the amazon marketplace are all ship right away. That's where I buy mine from.

Yeah I got it now. There was somebody selling it new for 12. I don't like buying second hand box sets off there, the boxes are always all bent, and I am too anal to accept that. I've also got the first X Files movie coming, which I believe fits in between series 5 and series 6?

Also series 1 of Frasier :rockon:

Yeah I got it now. There was somebody selling it new for 12. I don't like buying second hand box sets off there, the boxes are always all bent, and I am too anal to accept that. I've also got the first X Files movie coming, which I believe fits in between series 5 and series 6?

Also series 1 of Frasier :rockon:

The X files box sets are usually fine, they're hard cases anyway so maybe a bit of a scuff on the box but I'll accept that to save a tenner.

I have reached an all time low. I now feel I have to hate myself. Why you may ask? The answer, for being annoyed if I miss an episode of "Come dine with me" I hate it having that affect on me. Not bothered about other reality shows, but I hate missing "Come dine with me" and hate myself for hating missing it. :help:

Not being an X-file fan this is just what i gathered from a friend, but wasn't the new film a very sandard "X files, the movie" kind of thing whereas the other film(s) actually fitted in between seasons and held relatively to the story of the tv show?

No the first one pretty much just followed the X-Files episode formula as well. The problem with the new one is its just nonsensical shite.

No the first one pretty much just followed the X-Files episode formula as well. The problem with the new one is its just nonsensical shite.

Plus it didn't even have any sci-fi in it! It was about Russian mobsters and a Scottish paedophile. Where were the aliens and the conspiracy theories?

Toilet Attendants.

Why the fuck is there a toilet attendant in fucking Warehouse!? What the hell do the pubs and clubs get out of having these fuckers there? I don't know anyone who's thankful that there's a guy in the bathroom that forces towels, soap and aftershave onto you and expects money in return. It just makes people angry, intimidated and prone to unhygienic behaviour.

Toilet Attendants.

Why the fuck is there a toilet attendant in fucking Warehouse!? What the hell do the pubs and clubs get out of having these fuckers there? I don't know anyone who's thankful that there's a guy in the bathroom that forces towels, soap and aftershave onto you and expects money in return. It just makes people angry, intimidated and prone to unhygienic behaviour.

I'm always friendly to them, they have good stories. I'm glad they're there.

Guest Gladstone
Unfortunately retail is now crammed with socially inept people because most people in this country seem to think that working in retail is beneath them.

I got some excellent service in Bruce Millers the other day - I went in willing to buy a shitload of cables it turned out I didn't need. I was correctly advised by the sales adviser, and ended up walking out of the shop with just a pair of ear plugs (apparently I'm losing my hearing - fuck!) for 12, when I could easily have shelled out on 50 plus on cables.

Cheers Phil :up:

The guy in korova on wednesday night was a total legend. I can't even totally remember why, i just remember thinking that he was a good laugh.

im going to say its because you have only just been allowed into pubs/clubs for a matter of monthes and everyone seems like a legend? :p

Scotrail.

I know we had some snow a few days ago, but does that mean that no trains can pass Inverurie?

Also, thank you for cancelling my 7:14 train to Dyce, and telling me that the 7:50 train would be leaving ten minutes later. Only for it leave on time, forcing me to run like a tit through the station.

Scotrail are unbelievably rubbish. I've signed up to their text notification service, thinking that it would aid me in knowing if trains are running so I can get to and from work. They can't even run that efficiently. I've received texts several times telling me that a train I have only just travelled on may be late or cancelled. The last 2 mornings I've had texts telling me the 06:49 from Stonehaven may be delayed or cancelled due to snow, even when there has been nothing but sunshine for most of the day previously and no apparent snowfall overnight. Train was on time both days, they must have been hedging their bets. They actually send texts saying trains are running late due to staff not showing up for work. Amazing.

Nae luck for the gang of females and kids that piled on with suitcases this morning ready for a trip to Inverness only to be told just outside Aberdeen that trains are only running to Dyce.

I got some excellent service in Bruce Millers the other day - I went in willing to buy a shitload of cables it turned out I didn't need. I was correctly advised by the sales adviser, and ended up walking out of the shop with just a pair of ear plugs (apparently I'm losing my hearing - fuck!) for 12, when I could easily have shelled out on 50 plus on cables.

Cheers Phil :up:

You still went out of the shop with something and you'll no doubt be back again...

Amazon / Royal Mail, I thought my Frasier DVDs would come today so I could watch them at the weekend, sadly they didn't and they are getting delivered to work so I'm not gonna get them till Monday now, and they'll be sitting at the back of the door in the office for two whole days :(

Scotrail are unbelievably rubbish. I've signed up to their text notification service, thinking that it would aid me in knowing if trains are running so I can get to and from work. They can't even run that efficiently. I've received texts several times telling me that a train I have only just travelled on may be late or cancelled. The last 2 mornings I've had texts telling me the 06:49 from Stonehaven may be delayed or cancelled due to snow, even when there has been nothing but sunshine for most of the day previously and no apparent snowfall overnight. Train was on time both days, they must have been hedging their bets. They actually send texts saying trains are running late due to staff not showing up for work. Amazing.

The annoying thing is that the text service tends to be closer to the money when there's a problem than station staff, who I find usually give you three different explanations for the same delay, and you just stand there having absolutley no idea what's gone tits up.

Commuting into Aibrrrdeen by train is one that I do not miss at all......