aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

My biggest poker pet hate is when I play with my mates. We usually have a few games on a Friday night, and by the third game everyone is so pissed that they are busy having arguments / conversations and not paying any attenetion to the game. And you're like "check raise or fold. check raise or fold. CHECK RAISE OR FUCKING FOLD!" and the hand takes fucking ages.

I also hate arseholes who throw in a massive raise before they've even looked at their cards just to show their bravado.

My biggest poker pet hate is when I play with my mates. We usually have a few games on a Friday night, and by the third game everyone is so pissed that they are busy having arguments / conversations and not paying any attenetion to the game. And you're like "check raise or fold. check raise or fold. CHECK RAISE OR FUCKING FOLD!" and the hand takes fucking ages.

This pet hate is transferable to Trivial Pursuit in less cool circles like my own.

SOMEONE ASK ME A FUCKING BLUE QUESTION!!!

A-The "I know what you have, and I know you've got me beat but I'm calling anyway, cos I know you have it, and I'm going to prove I know it." What a twat thing to say.

Looks like we're back to Pet Hates!

QFDaniel Negreanu. I always laugh when folks say he's a great hand reader - what you mean is he always talks through his thought process aloud then comes up with the wrong decision based on his findings.

DN on any TV cashgame - 'I'm certain you've got quads. You must have quads. It's absolutely guaranteed that you have quads. I've got Queen high. I know you have quads......I call.'

Guy flips quads

DN - 'I knew it! Didn't I say you had quads?'

Other guy says 'good read' as he rakes in DN's chips.

Point is that you can be the best reader in the world, but if you don't trust your reads then it's worthless.

Which is the smallest of the U.S. states?

The smallest US State?

Oh, erm, does the District of Columbia count as a state? Is it smaller than Rhode Island?

When were these questions written though? How old is your board? Hawaii is probably quite small and they didn't join until the 50's.

Hmmmmmm.

Ok, I'm going to saaaaaaaaayy Rho...no, DC.....no Rhode Is.....is it though?

Hmmmmmm Let me think.

A- Alaska, Arkansas, Alabama, Arizona..B....no there's no B's. Is there any B's?

C - California, that's pretty big, Connecticut - that's pretty small. Hmmmm.

.................D,E,F......

R.....Yes, I'm going to say Rhode Island, No! DC! No Rhode Island, Final answer.

I imagine that's my Trivial Pursuit opponents pet hate.

Guest idol_wild

Jim Traynor.

That guy is an absolute twot. I literally don't tune into BBC Radio Scotland's football coverage anymore because of his involvement.

A smug, self-important twot if ever I have heard one.

Jim Traynor.

That guy is an absolute twot. I literally don't tune into BBC Radio Scotland's football coverage anymore because of his involvement.

A smug, self-important twot if ever I have heard one.

As annoying as he is...

He is talking some sense about Celtic's defence!

My pet hate is people not listening properly to what I've said to them meaning that plans are just all over the place.

I recently discovered paracetamol is superior to ibuprofen for neurological pain, in a discussion with a nurse I had been drinking with the night previously.

Take both, combined paracetamol and ibuprofen make one of the most powerful painkillers around. Perfectly safe as they don't interect with each other and reduce pain using a different mechanism :gringo:

Take both, combined paracetamol and ibuprofen make one of the most powerful painkillers around. Perfectly safe as they don't interect with each other and reduce pain using a different mechanism :gringo:

I will have to try that next time I have an unfortunate pain. Personally, I find a mix of Hydrocodone and Paracetemol (Vicodin) to be the ideal painkiller, as it's basically smack.:up:

Journey.

There is no good excuse for Journey, ironically or otherwise. They're just shite.

Yes!

Although I think what bugs me more are the people that go on about or like Don't Stop Believin' in an ironic way rather than the band themselves. I don't give a fuck if it was played at the end of The Sopranos or if they make reference to it on Family Guy. Stop going on about it and stop creating facebook pages to try and get Don't Stop Believin' to number 1.