aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

You deserve it if your car is lowered and kitted out with skirting. ;)

it does have a wee bit of a body kit, but nothing in your face at all. it came with the car :p

no matter how slow i drive, it still gets scraped off massive speed bumps - worst offenders being at lidl on king street!

What bank is that with? Or does it apply to all banks? I'm goin abroad for the first time ever and was gonna take my card "just in case".

RBS. They were happy enough to take the information last time, as I've had my card blocked before. Usually what happens is the shop assistant just tells you that your card has been refused.

It's the automated banking telephone line that I called, as my local branch know bugger all.

Jumping on the hot-at-work bandwagon: my office has no air con and really dodgy latches on the windows. Health and safety would have a field day.....

Same here.

We also compromise staff safety but having to open the admin staff's office door to let air from the interview room windows through. In our office we open the fire exit which basically opens out on to the street (at the bottom of the stairs). The whole point of locked doors is so our services users can't just wander through.

I will continue to jump on the hot-at-work bandwagon though.

Workmen. They put out cones and section off a bit of the road. Turn up really early and appear to have done nothing to the road whatsoever.

The other problem with my work office is that it is directly opposite a garage, a vehicle maintenance depot, and the railway line, so even if you can crane the window open, the noise is a pain in the arse.

Thank fuck I'm off for two weeks as of 4pm tomorrow......

:up:

The other problem with my work office is that it is directly opposite a garage, a vehicle maintenance depot, and the railway line, so even if you can crane the window open, the noise is a pain in the arse.

Thank fuck I'm off for two weeks as of 4pm tomorrow......

Ahhh. I know where you work!

What do you want, rep points?

:p

Sorrry. I should've added on "Because you work opposite my old house/Mum's current house" and put it on the stalker thread. Too late now, though.

Guest idol_wild
Must disagree. And I've lived in hot climates before, but a heatwave in Aberdeen is so humid it's stifling so I find this respite welcome.

Agreed.

I've been referred to as a "miserable bastard", "closet goth" and been asked to "cheer up" - all because of my hatred for hot and humid weather. Puzzling.

Even in an arid heat, I hate squinting in the sun and I really fucking loath wearing sunblock. So, gimme a city closer to the equator with a heavy smog layer and the sun up nice and high and I'm happy.

losangeles2.jpg

(until my hair started falling out from the pollution)

Guest idol_wild

People who genuinely seek credit for finding a new band first.

It's about sharing the wealth, brothers and sisters, not being "cool" or "hip".

That's why I kept my favourite bands secret while I was at school, otherwise my fannys of friends would "adopt" them, research them to fuck and try to make out to everyone else that they were really cool and part of a secret group...

It was only Cocteau Twins and The Cure but a lot of the teuchters I was at school with were into "beetz" or Nirvana, and always trying to one up each other

When one found out I liked The Doors, she went out and bought the film and would quote it all the time hahaha

yes!!

I would add to this people who appear to like obscure/unknown bands purely for the purposes of showing off how "cool" or "hip" they are and claim they've known about them for ages as if that merits some kind of extra credit.

I love discovering music I've never heard before regardless of how well known the band is to other people. Christ, in the last couple of months I've been initiated to Deus and Ride, two well established bands I'd just never listened to before. As you say, it's all about sharing. You give me some of your music, i'll give you some of mine, there are no winners.