aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

adverts featuring people pretending to be 'real'

most recent culprit is confused.com and their ad featuring 'real people' from all walks of life talking on their webcam about how great confused.com is - from silver surfers to a 'yoof' with fantastic emo hair and some wild aviator shades, and all of them are speaking the praises of confused.com. That bloke could be your next door neighbour, and that lady there is just like aunty gladys...hang on, if this is real life why am i watching them talk to me on an advert break during The Simpsons? Oh right, that's because they are actors being paid to say that confused.com is good. It's just this horrible advertising tactic that is presumably supposed to make me think that i'm having a chat about car insurance websites with some bloke on a bus or a colleague in the staff canteen. it's so phoney and lazy, even a cheesy guy bullshitting me would be preferable, but instead they have to act like it's 'real endorsements' by 'real people'...infuriating and patronising.

I saw that advert for the first time yesterday and was immediately struck by how much one of the people on it looks like Peterhead Dave's avatar.

Not really. I was just in a bad mood.

*Most people involved in marketing are scum :up:

Just thought that going to business school, I should drop my "only 10% of marketing is to do with advertising" bomb.

But yes, I know who you mean and I agree.

I saw that advert for the first time yesterday and was immediately struck by how much one of the people on it looks like Peterhead Dave's avatar.

I can confirm that Peterhead Dave's avatar is indeed Peterhead Dave, and Peterhead Dave is indeed not in the confused.com advert.

"Hey boss"

"Hi teabags"

"Sorry im a bit late"

"That's okay. What was the hold up?"

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?!?!!

Because he's paying your wage to work, when you aren't there?

Perfectly valid question.

Or maybe he was just chit-chatting? Is he nice?

Pet Hate- Managers that throw their weight around, even though in respect, they have still a shitty job, just a bit less shitty than yours. There's one guy at Simpsons resteraunt thats horrendous for this.

Guest idol_wild
People who quote shit lines from (mostly) shit films.
people who shove in front of you while waiting to get into a lecture.

THE CLASS ISN'T GOING TO START WITHOUT YOU WHEN THERE'S TEN MINUTES TO GO UNTIL IT STARTS SO THERE'S NO NEED TO PUSH AND BE A RUDE CUNT!

I sense much hatred in you...

People who wander into the cinema ten minutes after the film has started. Fair enough if you don't want to sit through the trailers the turn up a bit later, but DON'T FUCKING COME IN ONCE THE FILM HAS STARTED!!!!!!! It really gets on my tits. A few weeks ago I went to Vue to watch Slumdog MIllionaire, and I reckon 20-30 people came in after the movie had started, so I missed the first ten minutes from constantly having to stand up and let people past, or have people standing in front of me taking their jackets off etc. People were still coming in with half an hour of the film gone! I got so annoyed with this constantly happening that I wrote to Vue and moaned about it, and they just replied with:

Please be advised that every effort will be made to accommodate late-comers but to avoid disturbance to our other guests, guests who arrive after the main feature has started will not be entitled to enter the auditorium unless permitted by the Duty Managers at his/her discretion.

So who the fuck were the 30 fucking cunts traipsing in with their popcorn and bucket of cola then and making me miss the start of the film? Ghosts?

If a film is advertised as starting at 8, I'm in my seat at 8. (But then I like watching the trailers).

yes! win! agreed entirely, if it was up to me we'd have a countdown until the film started blared through the cinema and then anyone who dared come in after would be killed by the angry chap from splinter cell without even realising.

AND WHY MUST THEY ALWAYS SIT IN THE ROW IN FRONT OF YOU AND THE PERSON YOU'RE WITH?!?!?!?!

People who wander into the cinema ten minutes after the film has started.

That is pretty annoying, but pales in comparison to the obvious cinema-based gripe:

People who talk or use their mobile phone while the film is on.

I've gotten to the stage where I can't take it anymore and have to say something (usually along the lines of "I can't believe you spent 6 to sit and text!"); which makes you look like the asshole...

I sense much hatred in you...

:laughing:

I shoulda been clearer, I hate it more when people quote crappy lines that are supposed to be deep. Or put them on their social network profiles.

One I've seen a lot is "Life is like a box of chocolates: You never know what you're gonna get..."

Forrest Gump: meh, alright film but a shit quote. Stop saying it, public.

"Oooh, look at me, i don't go to the cinema on my own cos I've got a spectacular boab and SOOO many friends"

Cunt.

This reminds me, people who look at you oddly when you do things yourself eff me off. I enjoy going to see a film alone when all my friends are busy and I'm bored. I've got a cinema card, why not?

Robin Ince was going on about it the Lemon Tree the other week. He also said that people who say "You drink ALONE? I only drink socially." clearly only have friends who are so dull you need to block them out with booze.

• Upvote 2