aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

We drew with the smokies, which is better than the 4-0 pasting we got last time we were down there, but still oddly disappointing.

On the bright side, Keith "Gibbage" Gibson is a fucking top gent. Always a pleasure to see him and speak to him!

Once again, I was amazed at just how quiet Hibs fans are. They had a pretty good turnout but were completely silent except for when Fletcher equalised. I thought United were excellent if a wee bit too shot shy at times. Warren Feeney is still a lazy bastard, but Goodie's goal was a real gem to behold. Third place is do-able...

great day out at berwick yesterday. good one nil win when it could have been the other way. its been a mad season and its only now we have hit some good form and progress under tweed. we have a shockingly thin squad and they have done really well this past few months.

bumped into the gibbage in a pub later on last night- a great guy!

Second nicest guy in football behind Mark "Fred" Perry

Perry is a hero! Last time I saw him play was at Harlaw Park last season. He played left wing (!) and got his nose broken. Obviously the locals were unaware that his nose was smashed to bits at the time, "Get the fuck up Perry min, there's nothin a'dee wi yi!" etc.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Wonderful day of football!

Watched the St Midden v. ICT score come in on Soccer Saturday... Ross Tokely with the winner as well! The Methadome residents will still be spitting blood from that one (see Chris Kerr tackle many years ago).

Then drunkenly watch El Classico making purring noises at every amazing move and goal.

Good times :)

Nae luck Elgin btw.

My mate Neil is Caley Thistle's bus driver. True story. He drives them to all their away games and gets a free ticket and pie.

Del Franklin at Wembley then?

started planning the day already! for all those awful times us football supporters have to endure when you get a high like yesterday's, all that is forgotten. to score a 119th min goal against a local rival to catapulte us into the play off final is one of those moments to truly cherish. im still buzzing, roy of the rovers stuff to turn around a 2 goal defecit in the manner we did!

shame we're not playing the web toed village idiots from histon in the final as im convinced we would have beaten them comfortably. torquay a different kettle of fish and its going to be a very tough game. it really could go either way so i wont start dreaming of those away trips to footballing giants such as barnet, notts county, northampton and bradford city just yet :up:

clyde beating dundee put paid to my 13 match acca.

devastated. I would have been a rich man :(

I'm 100 up from a heap of live betting over the weekend; thinking of putting it all on a Hearts win on thursday (Hibs are rotten and missing 7 or so players).

Wonderful day of football!

Watched the St Midden v. ICT score come in on Soccer Saturday... Ross Tokely with the winner as well! The Methadome residents will still be spitting blood from that one (see Chris Kerr tackle many years ago).

Then drunkenly watch El Classico making purring noises at every amazing move and goal.

Good times :)

Nae luck Elgin btw.

Due to my commitments to the Belmont Street crowd outside OneUp on Saturday, I missed this happening. I got a text from a ICT supporting 'mate' to say thanks for the 3 points, and just assumed it had finished 1-0.

Nearly spat my tea out on Sunday morning when I seen 2-1, Tokely with the winner.

A horrible death would be too good for Ross Tokely.

It really was amazing, purely because La Liga defenses are turd, so it's been making Barca look alot better than they are all season. There's no denying the quality in their central midfield and Messi, but defenses just shouldn't be committing like that. It was embarassing

Shocking decision by the ref. There is no way he can be certain that Fletcher fouled Nasri from that angle, especially when the ball went in the opposite direction!

Gutted for him. Was really looking forward to cheering on a Scot in the final :(

Time for Platini, Blatter et al to recind (sp?) the sending off.