aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Horrible cheating bastards :swearing:

If we don't take anything from Ibrox on Saturday you can pretty much guarantee that Hearts Vs Utd will be a draw to ensure both make europe.

not sure about that like. surely united can still overtake hearts if they beat them?

would either team risk losing the game and losing the european place?

i'd imagine hearts will play with everyone behind the ball but 3rd place is still worth fighting for so dundee utd should attack. saves them having to go through that extra qualifying round.

i'd imagine hearts will play with everyone behind the ball but 3rd place is still worth fighting for so dundee utd should attack. saves them having to go through that extra qualifying round.

You missed the point tho, say they both need a point on the last day to get europe, i woud doubt either would risk not getting into europe for the sake of third place.

So your saying that utd would rather not be in europe than finish 4th? That was the point that was being made by whoever posted about them going for a draw.

why are you being a total tool about this? i'm saying united would rather finish 3rd than 4th. craig levein would rather that happen and every single dundee united fan in the world would rather that happen. there's an element of risk in any football game, even if they go for a draw they might yet lose. obviously it's all what if's and maybes but at no point have i said i thought united would rather finish 5th and be out of europe than finish 4th that's just fucking stupid.

why are you being a total tool about this? i'm saying united would rather finish 3rd than 4th. craig levein would rather that happen and every single dundee united fan in the world would rather that happen. there's an element of risk in any football game, even if they go for a draw they might yet lose. obviously it's all what if's and maybes but at no point have i said i thought united would rather finish 5th and be out of europe than finish 4th that's just fucking stupid.

I like how he's not just being a tool, he's being a total tool. Nice use of words :laughing:

milner, i've not missed you're point. i get your point completely. i just disagree with your point.

that fact that you have a point doesn't mean that people will agree with your point.

*goes in search of a wall to bang head off*

edit: did you quote me to try and show that i was saying united would rather finish 5th and out of europe rather than 4th? you do realise that my post is saying that they would risk finishing 5th not that they would prefer to finish 5th. it's pretty obvious.

So, where do you lot stream games from online? I have a couple of links but they always seem to break every 5 minutes. Want to watch the Manyoo game tonight but my Sky might be cut off by the time I get home. Sux.

everytime i've tried to find somewhere i've failed. quite keen to find a reliable link to one for aberdeen games. this is something that should be discussed over pm's though as posting links and advice would upset the powers that be.

I can find ones that work, and I get about 5 minutes of the game, before it freezes and won't refresh, so I jump ship to another one, and the same happens. I just wanna watch it from start to finish without skipping from one to another. I don't care if the commentary is german or whatever. The Boro/Toon game the other night sounded like it was being commentated by people who weren't even at the game. The acoustic were just weird. Like they were watching it on telly, commentating it. Pretty great.

milner, i've not missed you're point. i get your point completely. i just disagree with your point.

that fact that you have a point doesn't mean that people will agree with your point.

*goes in search of a wall to bang head off*

edit: did you quote me to try and show that i was saying united would rather finish 5th and out of europe rather than 4th? you do realise that my post is saying that they would risk finishing 5th not that they would prefer to finish 5th. it's pretty obvious.

it wasnt my point, enjoy the wall :)

I can find ones that work, and I get about 5 minutes of the game, before it freezes and won't refresh, so I jump ship to another one, and the same happens. I just wanna watch it from start to finish without skipping from one to another. I don't care if the commentary is german or whatever. The Boro/Toon game the other night sounded like it was being commentated by people who weren't even at the game. The acoustic were just weird. Like they were watching it on telly, commentating it. Pretty great.

look for justin tv, i usually go there first then look for adds in the chat rooms, i usually have no bother finding one that works unless its a sat or sun during the day but thats usually to do with the shit bandwidth i get at those times. There is an ace site that provides links to heaps and heaps of sites but i cant post that on here.

I streamed the Scotland Norway game and it was funny as fuck. It was just some pissed Glaswegian guy transmitting his own Sky box over the internet (he was constantly switching channels before the match, and the viewing reminders etc were coming up) - he had also connected his own microphone and was doing his own commentary. Things like this:

"There's Kirk Broadfoot playing at right back, he's shit, and a hun"

"Come on Faddy, hit the fucking thing!"

"Oh Iwelumo how did you miss that, you useless cunt!"

It was much better than the Sky Sports commentator.

EDIT I think it was at that Justin.tv thing that Milner was talking about up there.

Real commentators are crap. I love the Sky Sports fanzone commentary. Absolutely mental fans screaming at each other for 90 minutes. Brilliant.

I downloaded a Portguese Commentary add-on for Fifa 09, so when I score, it goes GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL for ages. It's mint.

Real commentators are crap. I love the Sky Sports fanzone commentary. Absolutely mental fans screaming at each other for 90 minutes. Brilliant.

I downloaded a Portguese Commentary add-on for Fifa 09, so when I score, it goes GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL for ages. It's mint.

I was watching sky sports the night of the arsenal spurs game where spurs scored two in the last few minutes to take it to 4-4, we had it on the fans thing as well and when spurs scored the 4th the guy took off his shirt and threw it at the arsenal boy and was dancing and screaming about the studio, was so funny to see.