aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

just watched the game. was absolutely raging at the tv when mulgrew got sent off. he was stupid to square up to the cheating lying dirty mulleted ned scum in the first place but that was a fucking ridiculous decision.

the other sending off was a bit harsh as well though it did look a sore one for langfield.

we played ok, good to see paton getting a goal and pawlett did ok too. foster at fault for both goals but he had a decent game apart from that and i'm not sure what else he could have done for his own goal.

It was obvious that Foster was still a bit shell shocked from the OG which then led to the second, but apart from that he was pretty solid the whole game.

Paton's movement was excellent, and gave us a good bit of impetus as Miller was doing nothing.

Severin was solid in the back line as well and saved us numerous times, especially in the first half.

One of the major things we need to look at for next season is upper body strength. Pawlett, Vidal (if we get him again on loan), Duff, Aluko (although he has slightly improved as the season has gone on) and Miller all need to get into the gym and start building muscles. Far too often they're being pushed off the ball which is preventing us from creating more. Pawlett, Vidal and Aluko are all young, so they can be forgiven, but if set on the right regimes they'll be ball holding beasts in no time.

just watched the game. was absolutely raging at the tv when mulgrew got sent off. he was stupid to square up to the cheating lying dirty mulleted ned scum in the first place but that was a fucking ridiculous decision.

the other sending off was a bit harsh as well though it did look a sore one for langfield.

we played ok, good to see paton getting a goal and pawlett did ok too. foster at fault for both goals but he had a decent game apart from that and i'm not sure what else he could have done for his own goal.

did you watch it somewhere online?

i've been waiting for the highlights to appear on the bbc website, but i guess they won't be up until after hibs v celtic.

i've been waiting for the highlights to appear on the bbc website, but i guess they won't be up until after hibs v celtic.

Highlights appear at 6pm on the sunday on BBC website

Youtube has quite a bit of the highlights.

no, i watched the rerun on setanta this morning. managed to avoid hearing anything about it yesterday too so it was a disappointing morning for me.

The more I watch it, the more I think that Lafferty should be punished with the footballing equivalent of excommunication. What a total fucking idiot. Absolutely disgraceful. I can't wait to give him a fuckload of stick at Tannadice next Sunday.

Well, I've slept on it, and I still want that cunt and his mullet out of this country.

The players made a good effort at it, I thought. My only serious criticisms are of Mair for the first goal, Foster (possibly Langfield too) for the second, and Calderwood for bringing Duff on at a time when athleticism was vital.

I still feel dirty for handing over 25 to them.

The more I watch it, the more I think that Lafferty should be punished with the footballing equivalent of excommunication. What a total fucking idiot. Absolutely disgraceful. I can't wait to give him a fuckload of stick at Tannadice next Sunday.

I reckon Lafferty will be lucky to get a game next Sunday, especially with Miller available. What an absolute idiot. Watched the re-run on Setanta this morning as well and despite reading about it in the papers it looks even worse on the telly!

As for this afternoon, despite a few scares I'm glad Hibs held Celtic to a 0-0 draw, although I'm in Leeds next weekend and I'm probably going to have to hunt around for anywhere showing Scottish football :down:

Our playoff was bobbins too. 4-1 over two legs certainly isnt a fair reflection of how close the tie was, and both legs hinged on missed opportunities. In the first, Stuart McKay scored a header to equalise that the ref and linesman decided wasn't over the line; Airdrie went straight up the park and scored.

Today, Graeme Sharp missed a gilt-edge chance to put us 2-0 up and level the tie on aggregate; Airdrie went straight up the park and scored.

I must admit that the better team have gone through to the final, but it's an injustice that the record books show such a margin between the sides.

I think Ayr will go up now. Airdrie are a good side and keep possession well, but they don't create much in terms of chances. As long as the Ayr defence don't do something stupid, they should keep Airdrie quiet, and let the likes of Prunty get on with dismantling them.

Definitely a season to forget for us.

Although in the end we avoided relegation with consumeate ease o_O it's been a nervy few months at the Theatre of Pies.

At least we can go into the Motherwell game in a relaxed mood and see if Kyle can make double figures for the season.

It'll be fun watching the dross duke it out in the relegation dogfight on Saturday.

Think we should change our name to Ayrshire Kyllie.

No doubt he'll be playing elsewhere by Xmas - if he keeps up his hit rate.

to say im gutted is an understatement, twice finished second in this league and lose in the play off final is football at its cruelest but i have to say the better team won simply because torquay took their chances and whilst we stroked the ball around nicely at times never penetrated their goal. and now a league club is trying to poach our manager!

courtney pitt is losing both his pace and touch, he could have been a top level player (he played nearly 40 first team games for portsmouth and was even scouted by barcelona early in his career!). despite being a fans favourite most want to see him go now. the BSP is going to be even more competitive next season but if we can keep the core of the team together, get a striker who can get 20 goals plus and get the best out of our up and coming youngsters we can be in the mix next season. its a bloody tough league to get out of with only one automatic promotion spot.

i feel we might be in this league for a while now, just have to get used to it i suppose.

Dear Football

Please can a prohibition be put in place against anyone in a football ground or anyone watching a football match in a public place shouting the word "Handball!". Over the past 4 or 5 years, the situation has worsened, and now any contact with the ball that isn't a foot or a clear hands down header is followed by a yell of those two grating syllables. Even a control on the thigh or a block with the chest releases an almighty roar from half a stadiums worth of clueless botters. A good honest block of a shot is now accused of being a handball and it is almost infuriating. Sit down. Shut up and don't say anything unless it's the words to a football chant. A handball in the box in the top flight is rarely given these days, so shut up. Just shut up.

Thanx