aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

On a massive side note, does anyone remember that flying tackle/assault on Denis Irwin in the 90s in a European match? Can't remember what teams were involved, but the "tackle" was like something out of Karate Kid, and Irwin's leg bent halfway between the knee and ankle, it was horrible. Unbelievably his leg didn't break, and unbelievably the guy didn't get red-carded. His manager subbed him whilst Irwin was receiving treatment.

Paul Bosvelt, wasn't it? Think he was playing for Feyenoord at the time.

Q1: Anyone watching the playoff on BBC Alba?

Q2: Will that cheating Airdrie chunt get Lafferty'd for clutching his face despite being dragged up by the shirt?

Q3: What the fuck possessed him given the press over Laffable's dive?

Missed all the fitba tonight as I had 5s, so canna comment on the games... but on the subject of 'penalty certs' i'd like to add Paul Sheerin and Graham Alexander to the list.

I can honestly remember only 1 penalty that Sheerin has missed out of the 50-60 that he's taken in the Scottish Leagues and Cups.

Has Alexander even missed a penalty!?

Ross McCormack would also get an honourable mention for being prolific from the spot this season, if it were not for bottling it in one of the last games of the season; which would have got them into the playoffs

I can honestly remember only 1 penalty that Sheerin has missed out of the 50-60 that he's taken in the Scottish Leagues and Cups.

I remember one grey, wet Tuesday night Aberdeen were playing Partick Thistle at pittodrie, it was probably one of the worst football games I've ever seen, finished 0-0 and Sheerin missed a pen. :(

Is that the one you remember?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Allegedly a group of Aberdeen players were out on the lash last night, and landed up in a scrap in the Priory. Mark Kerr is allegedly in hospital with a broken jaw.

I have no source for this info other than a link e-mailed to me on the AFC chatrooms.

If true, what a bunch of morons.

EDIT: Tuesday night.

I remember one grey, wet Tuesday night Aberdeen were playing Partick Thistle at pittodrie, it was probably one of the worst football games I've ever seen, finished 0-0 and Sheerin missed a pen. :(

Is that the one you remember?

I remember that one clearly, we never even had a shot on target that night! Biggest point I've ever seen us steal.....

:up: