aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Can someone please paste in the BBC news report? I can't get on it at work

From AFC site

Aberdeen | News | Club News | Club News | City centre incident

Aberdeen Football Club has confirmed it is carrying out an investigation following an altercation on Tuesday evening which resulted in midfielder Mark Kerr requiring hospital treatment.

A Club spokesperson commented, "Some of the players were out on a social evening ahead of their day off on Wednesday and there was an incident in a city centre club which spilled out on to the street. As a result, Mark received injuries which needed treatment in hospital and consequently he will miss Sunday's game against Hibs.

"We are currently attempting to establish exactly what occurred although I can confirm Mark Kerr has been charged in connection with the incident. If any of our players are found to have instigated any trouble, they will be dealt with severely. At the moment our main concern is that Mark makes a full and speedy recovery from the injuries sustained."

Footballer charged over 'fight'

An Aberdeen footballer has been charged after being badly injured during an "altercation" while on a night out.

Midfielder Mark Kerr was with fellow players in the city on Tuesday night when there was an incident which spilled out onto the street.

A club spokesman said the player needed hospital treatment, and would miss Sunday's SPL game against Hibs.

The club said the player had been charged over the incident. Police are still investigating.

A Grampian Police spokesperson said officers attended a disturbance in Belmont Street involving a number of men in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

The spokesperson said three men were to be reported to the procurator fiscal fiscal in connection with the incident, and inquiries were continuing.

As I said earlier....Kerr charged for assault. Story on eveningexpress site:

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1227194?UserKey=

AN ABERDEEN FC star has been charged with assault after an alleged brawl in the city centre.

The footballer was also injured in the incident that happened while he was on a night out in Aberdeen with teammates.

He will now miss the Aberdeen FC crunch match against Hibs at Pittodrie on Sunday.

If Aberdeen FC win and Dundee Utd lose to Rangers, the Reds will qualify for next season's Europa League.

I wonder if he'll get dropped and transfer listed like Jamie Langfield did when he acted like a drunken idiot?

I would like to think so.

Along with the rest of the squad.

Clear the decks.

No wonder they can't string 2 wins together, out on the batter every week.

Professional athletes my arse.

Calderplank needs his jotters too for allowing shite like this to go on days before a big game for the club.

I relayed a story last year about Noel Whelan and JC at the Simpsons Hotel in Jimmy's first or second season. On a Sunday night, Whelan (who was staying in the hotel at the time) was in the bar by himself absolutely shitfaced. Jimmy Calderwood came in for a drink and saw the state of Whelan, and just said to him "For fuck's sake Noel, go away up to your bed, and don't bother coming in to training tomorrow". Noel did as he was told, but not before ordering a full bottle of vodka to take upstairs with him.

Now I know Whelan had a drinking problem, but Calderwood really should have thrown the book at him for that incident alone. Instead he gave him a day off!

I would like to think so.

Along with the rest of the squad.

Clear the decks.

No wonder they can't string 2 wins together, out on the batter every week.

Professional athletes my arse.

Players managed it fine in the 70's and 80's. Give the guys a break.

Inter Milan managed it fine at the weekend. Still won 3-0 with a hungover Zlatan Ibrahimovic upfront who could barely even see the ball. Mourinho gave him his comeuppance as he requested to be substituted, so he made all three subs at once, the first two substitutes didn't not bring up his number, and Mourinho was saving the best til last. A reserve substitute goalkeeper. Incredible.

Players in the 70s and 80s weren't nearly as fit as they are now, they weren't playing up against 11 super athletes in prime physical condition like they do now, they were coming up against 11 equally hungover 20 fags-a-day types.

Inter Milan managed it fine at the weekend. Still won 3-0 with a hungover Zlatan Ibrahimovic upfront who could barely even see the ball. Mourinho gave him his comeuppance as he requested to be substituted, so he made all three subs at once, the first two substitutes didn't not bring up his number, and Mourinho was saving the best til last. A reserve substitute goalkeeper. Incredible.

Haha, football was a little different in the 70s and 80s, all the teams were wrecked so it balanced out. :up:

Aberdeen football club is a disgrace from top to bottom right now.

Calderwood needs to go, along with the majority of the playing staff.

Clear the decks.

This isn't the '70s and '80s though. Players are supposed to be getting fitter.

As for Inter, they'd just won the title - their game was meaningless. On Sunday we have a game that could get us into Europe.

Oh. I forgot to say, I wasn't being at all serious... And the Inter thing was just funny. There's a video of the substitutions taking place on Youtube, whilst Ibrahimovic gets more and more antsy. Pretty good.

That is all.

However, the side Inter didn't have as much of a reason to relax like Inter did, so still winning that game 3-0 with a drunk and hungover squad is quite impressive.

Best player in the world apparently, according to the Special One.

I do like Mourinho though. But he's a bit nuts. Even John O'Shea kept Ibrahimovic quiet. John O'Shea. JOHN O'SHEA!

Ibrahimovic is a big match bottler. And a "filthy gypsy" according to certain fans...

Does have pretty outrageous skillz though.

YouTube - Zlatan asks to be substituted.

yeah, that's quite good. there's a lot of muttering going on.

Anyone hear about this story yet? Quality if it is true!!

Dons fan signs up on a Rangers forum, makes a couple of posts and no-one is any the wiser he's a Dons fan.

Then he makes a thread saying . . .

Quote:

If you want tickets for next week's title decider away to Dundee United, read here...

Since the away allocation for Rangers fans of 5000 is long sold out. Tickets for the home end is the only solution.

But as we all know, if youre not on Dundee United's official club/supporter database then you won't even be able to buy tickets for the home end.

Here's what to do..

Phone up the club shop. And ask to buy a pair of Dundee United kit socks. Don't even mention tickets for Sunday. They will become suspicious.

Then when they take your sock order, personal details and process your payment your details will then be stored on their system.

Give it a few hours until there's a shift change, phone up again and order your home tickets for the Rangers match and because of your sock order, you will be on their system and you will get your match tickets. It's perfect lads.

Turns out, there's no such database and all these Rangers fans have ended up with hundreds of pairs of Dundee United socks and no match tickets.