aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

sure i seen ross on setanta sporting a lovely haircut looking quite gutted. maybe it was just a lookalike.

just shaved my boys hair the same the other day :)

Aye that was me with the terrible haircut (I lost a bet!). I got about 20 or so texts/calls about the apparent Setanta 80th minute coverage so it must've been quite obvious. Luckily I set the Sky+...

Not too sure if it was a sending off, but Eddie Smith really didn't give us anything all day; the prick. We didn't deserve to win, but really didn't deserve to lose.

Shed a few tears shortly after the full time whistle when Ian Black, Mike Fraser and Grant Munro came over to applaud the Caley fans for the (surprisingly) excellent support. Shortly afterwards a random Radio Scotland guy interviewed me, which has now resulted in quite a bit of kudos from a heap of football fans apparently, where I mumbled 'a proper football fan has to go through the really really awful times... in order to fully appreciate the amazing times'; which is a lot more prophetic than I usually am when i'm drunk!!

I'm staying in Elgin tonight trying to drink until I don't feel feelings anymore, but if anyone is at Danananananaykroyd tomorrow and feels sorry for me, feel free to buy me a drink! :up:

Bring on Plastic Whistle and Toss C*nty next season...

Aye that was me with the terrible haircut (I lost a bet!). I got about 20 or so texts/calls about the apparent Setanta 80th minute coverage so it must've been quite obvious. Luckily I set the Sky+...

Not too sure if it was a sending off, but Eddie Smith really didn't give us anything all day; the prick. We didn't deserve to win, but really didn't deserve to lose.

Shed a few tears shortly after the full time whistle when Ian Black, Mike Fraser and Grant Munro came over to applaud the Caley fans for the (surprisingly) excellent support. Shortly afterwards a random Radio Scotland guy interviewed me, which has now resulted in quite a bit of kudos from a heap of football fans apparently, where I mumbled 'a proper football fan has to go through the really really awful times... in order to fully appreciate the amazing times'; which is a lot more prophetic than I usually am when i'm drunk!!

I'm staying in Elgin tonight trying to drink until I don't feel feelings anymore, but if anyone is at Danananananaykroyd tomorrow and feels sorry for me, feel free to buy me a drink! :up:

Bring on Plastic Whistle and Toss C*nty next season...

I will, providing we get the Europa place, shit needing Der Hun to win like!!!

Shed a few tears shortly after the full time whistle when Ian Black, Mike Fraser and Grant Munro came over to applaud the Caley fans for the (surprisingly) excellent support.

Tough one to take, bro :down:

As a football man through and through myself, I'm gutted for you - been there with Killie when we sunk to the old 2nd Div - horrible times.

However, we and our "big empty stadium" are safe again, but it could just as easily been us, St Murn, Accies or the Bairns.

Good luck in next season - Big Tel is taking you in the right direction and I really can't see anyone in the 1st coping with you when you're on form.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I text my mate Neil, who is Caley's coach driver, today to ask him if he had a sat-nav to make sure he could find Morton, Airdrie and Clyde next season. He did not take it well. In fact he is gutted and was quite offended. Says he was talking to Grant Munro this evening and he is inconsolable.

Still, ribbing aside, sad to see them go down. Hope they can bounce back.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I text my mate Neil, who is Caley's coach driver, today to ask him if he had a sat-nav to make sure he could find Morton, Airdrie and Clyde next season. He did not take it well. In fact he is gutted and was quite offended. Says he was talking to Grant Munro this evening and he is inconsolable.

Still, ribbing aside, sad to see them go down. Hope they can bounce back.

Not to be a pedant or anything, but Clyde have already been relegated to Division Two and there's a good chance Airdrie will follow them tomorrow afternoon.

Coachload of fail for you? :p

:laughing: alright fair cop. I haven't been paying much attention to Division 1 this season. In fact I've haven't seen nearly as much football as usual this season since i moved into a new flat with no tv aerial in August, and i don't have Sky, or internet. I only have 4 very fuzzy channels. Oddly enough, football is the only thing I've actually missed not being able to see over the past 9 months. Thankfully there's a pub just round the corner with sky and setanta...

I text my mate Neil, who is Caley's coach driver, today to ask him if he had a sat-nav to make sure he could find Morton, Airdrie and Clyde next season. He did not take it well. In fact he is gutted and was quite offended.

you utter wankbag. you are lucky the guy didn't sat nav it to you place and give you a hiding, it would have crossed my mind...

imagine being a cowden fan yesterday? part of me loves the fact that JAY STEIN missed the pen that resigned them to 3rd division football (after leading for so long!) but the football fan in me feels nothing but sympathy for the cowden fans. I was devastated after the playoff defeat at Stranraer last year but that aint even close to what they are enduring right now

Going down to Duthie Park with a pocket radio today to take-in the game in peace and quiet. If we lose there's no way I'd be able to cope with the legions of gloating cockbags that'll no doubt be doing the rounds in the city.

My utmost sympathy goes out to the Caley fans. The prospect of relegation is absolutely terrifying. It's genuinely one of the worst feelings that I've ever felt, and anyone who understands it would never show such a lack of class as to badger a fan about their team's demise.

Come on lads. We can fucking do it.

HTL.

Yaaas! Some above par (see what I did there) football from the lads today, but annoyed at the finishing. Lee Miller should have sunk another two goals, no problem and I would've let Wright take the penalty. A win is a win I guess but we could have made it slightly easier on ourselves by taking our chances a bit better.

It also seems to be a recurring theme that opposition players are being sent off against us. Hearts, Rangers and now Hibs. Hmmm...

The rumour from afc chat (I know, unreliable, but still) a few days ago was that there was to be a big announcement on Monday.

Also, at the end of the game today we were told the players and manager would be out on the pitch, but there was no Calderwood...

His interview with Radio Scotland hinted at departure, and Richard Gordon followed it up with talk of an announcement tonight. Looks to be true...