aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Celtic seemed to have really sucked the personality out of Strachan. He used to be quite witty and interesting in interviews. Very accepting of mistakes and very humble. Since he's been at Celtic, he's been an absolute stiff with absolute nothing to say except a whole heap of excuses.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Aye, Calderwood is orange on the inside and the outside, no chance he'll get the Celtic job.

If Roy Keane hadn't just taken the Ipswich job I'd have put him in as a favourite.

I think it will be someone completely unexpected. For Strachan to be gone so soon after the end of the season, it's almost definitely been decided in advance, and the board will probably have someone up their collective (wizard) sleeve.

If it's someone exciting I might actually regain my enthusiasm for watching the football again. Totally lost all enthusiasm to the point that at 3pm yesterday having just surrendered the league title with not so much as a whimper, I didn't give that much of a fuck.

I think it will be someone completely unexpected. For Strachan to be gone so soon after the end of the season, it's almost definitely been decided in advance, and the board will probably have someone up their collective (wizard) sleeve.

If it's someone exciting I might actually regain my enthusiasm for watching the football again. Totally lost all enthusiasm to the point that at 3pm yesterday having just surrendered the league title with not so much as a whimper, I didn't give that much of a fuck.

I think it was more a case of stachan not wanting to take up a new year on his rolling contract, might be wrong tho, i cant understand the problems celtic fans have with him really, more success than oneil on less than half the money, one bad season and they make it out like its the end of the world.

Smashing. Super smashing.

I'm not bitter of their success. It's just the Sheffield derby is the only game to look forward to in our measly footballing calendar. Still, there's only one team in the Championship that has beaten Sheff Utd and Burnley both home and away this season. Wednesday. Football makes no bloody sense.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
I think it was more a case of stachan not wanting to take up a new year on his rolling contract, might be wrong tho, i cant understand the problems celtic fans have with him really, more success than oneil on less than half the money, one bad season and they make it out like its the end of the world.

The Celtic fans complaining about Strachan hasn't come solely from this year. They've been at it since the start. He's not a "Celtic man" so was destined to have some of the idiots that support Celtic calling for his head right from the start. After the Artmedia result, there are some people who would never forgive him, then add the Clyde defeat to that one as well. Blips in an otherwise good season if you ask me though.

I think he would have walked this season even if he'd won the league.

I've been a Strachan supporter given the success he's given Celtic, but I think now is the right time to go. In hindsight he maybe should have left at the end of last season as this season has been a bit of a damp squib and the team's been playing pretty shit all year. But 3 out of 4 league titles, plus 2 last 16s in the Champions League is a fantastic record.

I read on another message board that Davie Hannah is at the top of the wanted list for the Dons job. Good contacts in Iceland allegedly where we are set to look for new talent in light of their economic collapse and the fact that we are priced out of competing with the lower leagues in England. Wonder who he'd take as his assistant.

I hope the board don't go for McGhee/Black, as has been said I can't see either of them taking the club forward. Aberdeen need a manager with abit more experience than those two. Alan Curbishley has been mentioned and I thinked he'd do a good job. Good football brain and people skills. Can't see it happening though. We also need someone who can motivate the players. I think the potential is there in the squad and a new manager has to realise this. There is deadwood to be cleared out and players like Foster should be sold to free up some cash.

A new manager will hopefully bring new signings. Who'd you guys like to see at the Dons for next season [in an ideal world]?