aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Milner, can you not see we need to step things up a gear? Calderwood just isn't the man for that job.

As I have said before, I applaud the man for what he has done. I don't know about you, but I'm not content with some random top six finishes. We should be trying to cement 3rd place as ours in the near future, not worrying about IF we will get into Europe every season.

Jimmy doesn't have the charisma to inspire his players. Every heard of man management? Jimmy doesn't have it. Yes, the players have their part to play but a manager's aura and general attitude play a big part in how players perform. Jimmy lacked respect from the squad - that was obvious to see, and when that happens you've got no real chance.

We need someone who's going to come in and knock seven shades of shit out the team and still command respect from the team afterwards. it's the only way we will become a successful club.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

The Rachid getting the bus comment stems from him being spotted by fans standing at a bus stop and some fans used to chant:

"Rachid gets the bus, he gets the bus, he gets the...."

To the tune of Football's Coming Home.

Milner, can you not see we need to step things up a gear? Calderwood just isn't the man for that job.

As I have said before, I applaud the man for what he has done. I don't know about you, but I'm not content with some random top six finishes. We should be trying to cement 3rd place as ours in the near future, not worrying about IF we will get into Europe every season.

Jimmy doesn't have the charisma to inspire his players. Every heard of man management? Jimmy doesn't have it. Yes, the players have their part to play but a manager's aura and general attitude play a big part in how players perform. Jimmy lacked respect from the squad - that was obvious to see, and when that happens you've got no real chance.

We need someone who's going to come in and knock seven shades of shit out the team and still command respect from the team afterwards. it's the only way we will become a successful club.

But we will NEVER cement third place, can you not see this? We do not have the money to constantly maintain that level of player. We are not this big huge club people seem to be making out, we are no bigger now than hearts and united, the only reason people think we are bigger is because we were the last sucessful team in europe from scotland. The ONLY improvement any new manager could bring is maybe a cup and that is not guarenteed.

What annoys me most about all of this is, as a club we have gone through about 15 years of instability, gone through manager after manager and the turn over of players is madness, for the first time i can really remember we have had a settled management team, the club appears to be sorting itself money wise and now that could all be gone and we could end up in another mess. None of the managers talked about have done any more than JC had and i dont really see this as a forward step.

Possibly for the first time, I agree with you.

Jimmy was a decent manager but nothing more. I was a bit disapointed when he left because I fear a rocky period. But, with him in charge the dons were never going to step up a level. We were stuck on a plateau of mediocracy.

In interviews he came across as someone who was just doing his job, football wise very competent but he was just going through the motions without instilling any passion in the team.

Ferne Snoyl got fat and got in trouble for the rozzers for beating his wife after he left us.

SBS The World Game - NEC set to release Snoyl

NEC Nijmegen have announced that they have come to an agreement with midfielder Ferne Snoyl which will see him released from his contract from January 1 2008.

The 22-year-old has had a torrid start to the season with the club and was arrested on October 18 by the Rotterdam police on suspicion of domestic violence.

Before the campaign even began he was told he was put on a diet by the club after being told he was too heavy and he angered them further by repeatedly turning up late for training.

"From today until January 1 2008 Snoyl will stay on on a non-active basis and will not feature any more for NEC," announced the club in a brief statement.

"In the interest of the parties involved no further announcements will be made about the hows and whys of the contract being dissolved."

Martin Jol to Ajax... Why? Shit club. Shit league. Daft move.

I like Ajax. They are such a prestigious club and they still have a superb academy, but the Dutch league has very little going for it, and they are no longer a good side.

My mobile news doesn't update too quickly, but this morning it said Ronaldo is injured? Oof!

Martin Jol to Ajax... Why? Shit club. Shit league. Daft move.

I like Ajax. They are such a prestigious club and they still have a superb academy, but the Dutch league has very little going for it, and they are no longer a good side.

My mobile news doesn't update too quickly, but this morning it said Ronaldo is injured? Oof!

yeah but Jol is dutch so i would imagine it would be a huge challenge for him, and one he very much fancied, a dutchman being the person to take Ajax back to form.

Ive got a tenner on O'Shea to score first tonight, you willing to take that bet?

It will take alot to bring them back to being a threat in Europe. Their academy produces top players, but they just don't want to play in Holland. It's going to take some character to keep hold of players when the big clubs come snooping after them. Fair play to him though. I hope he manages it. A club of their history and the amount they invest into their youth schemes, they really should be back up there with the best.

O'Shea will score a bagful tonight. He'll write his own name on the trophy with a marker and then take a shit in Sepp Blatters bed.

Reasons I want Barca to win:

1. Ronaldo is a cockmunch

2. Barca play nicer football (imo)

3. Ronaldo is a severe cockmunch

4. Fed up of all this "OMGWTFBBQ DER ENGLISH TEAMS ARE TEH BESTEST EVORZZZ!" from the media. It probably is true, but we don't need to be told on a daily basis.

5. Ronaldo is the biggest cockmunch that ever lived

6. I'm a bit of a Milan supporter, and I like the fact that they are the last to win back to back European cups.

I imagine almost 99% of top flight footballers are utter morons. Forget their personalities, and watch a bit of football. He's a total twat, but he's still ridiculously good. It's a shame that his ego is preventing him from being the best in the world, as well as being hated instead of respected like the likes of Kaka and so on. I still think he's got a long way to go before being as much of a tossbag as Drogba however.

I want United to win it. Mainly because I like them a bit, but also because Sepp Blatter and Michele Platini can just get to fuck with their anti-English football nonsense. They would shit houses if United won it for the second year in a row.

I can't read what the report says right now, but that's disappointing if it happens. Burnley fans, after being ecstatic with the promotion, will be gutted I'm sure as they've been literally singing his praises all season long. He fought hard to get them into the Premier League. It's a shame he's not going to stick around to see how far he can get them after that achievement.

He'll also be the manager of Celtic, which means I just can't like him anymore.

I can't read what the report says right now, but that's disappointing if it happens. Burnley fans, after being ecstatic with the promotion, will be gutted I'm sure as they've been literally singing his praises all season long. He fought hard to get them into the Premier League. It's a shame he's not going to stick around to see how far he can get them after that achievement.

He'll also be the manager of Celtic, which means I just can't like him anymore.

There was an "OWEN COYLE IS GOD" sign at Wrestlemania 25 in Phoenix, Arizona last month. Right where the wrestlers come out of the tunnel.

Owen%20Coyle%20Wrestling.jpg

51vurd.jpg