aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

I'm a bit skeptical about Coyle for Celtic. Part of me thinks (hopes) he'll be magic, and then the other part of me just looks at his limited experience...

He's a great professional and kept himself fit all these years, and I always like that kind of guy being a manager as I think it will rub off on players etc. I wouldn't be disappointed with Coyle's appointment, just unsure...

The fact he's young and undoubtedly enthusiastic as fuck should be good, and with a bit of luck he'll be a great manager at Celtic for the next 15/20 years or something crazy, winning 20 in a row and the European Cup 8 times just for a laugh.

Why would he even entertain the idea of going to Celtic over any permiership club? The Premiership is the mutt's nuts, no matter how shit the club is.

He's a shoe in for relegation and therefore possibly the boot, if he makes a decent go of it at Celtic against a Rangers team with big financial problems he could go on to bigger and better things in the Premiership.

Why would he even entertain the idea of going to Celtic over any permiership club? The Premiership is the mutt's nuts, no matter how shit the club is.

because he is a tim and might see this as his only chance to manage his boyhood heros, and its more than likely that burnley would last one season in the prem without a major overhall of players, i would imagine he would see celtic as a more long term prospect.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Sellikminded?

Not what I said at all. A young hungry manager eager to achieve things, in a similar vein to dragging Burnley into the Premiership.

I couldn't give two shits if he's a Celtic fan or not.

The fact that Owen Coyle doesn't have European management experience might not matter. Celtic have to qualify first! :up:

However, yes I can see he'd love the chance to manage his boyhood heroes, most managers probably would, but what about the challenge of keeping Burnley in the Premiership against all odds? Is that not incentive?!

It's a shame. United could have had 2 in the first 10 minutes. It would have been really interesting to see how it panned out if Barca were behind. The pressure would have been ridiculous. But instead, they just pranced around infront of a demolished United for another 80 minutes.

Oh well. Barca shouldn't have been in the final anyway :up: even though I'm glad they were and it wasn't a re-run of last year.

Guest Bob Double Jack
Ouch. Man United just got totally outplayed for the whole 90 minutes. Fergie will be raging.

Well deserved victory for Barca.

barca were fantastic, played football the way it should be played.

i haven't man utd play so badly for a long time- fergie should get rid of tevez, berbatov, anderson. all overrated, and not up to scratch.

Fergie is the king of consistency in the games he is expected to win, putting out a tried and tested line up, but he has a bit of a record of trying something new and untested in the big games, which is why he was torn apart against Liverpool a few weeks back.

Park is the second best winger United have though. Nani is dog and Giggs just doesn't have the legs, so who else could have done it? Anderson is naturally a winger, having played there for Porto and Brazil U21/17 before United, but he has shone as a box to box midfielder. He really shouldn't have brought him off. They really needed his strength in the middle. He is so good at winning the ball.

barca were fantastic, played football the way it should be played.

i haven't man utd play so badly for a long time- fergie should get rid of tevez, berbatov, anderson. all overrated, and not up to scratch.

Have you seen Anderson play at all this season apart from that 45 minutes? I'm guessing not, otherwise you wouldn't have been so wrong in that statement. He's a fucking rock. Adapting to a position he has never played before United (Winger and Left back prior to the move) and being so strong and robust for a lad of his size, and he's only 21. When he cements a more consistent starting position in the team, he is going to develop into an unplayable force. He's already one of the best ball winning midfielders I have seen this season. He's going to be massive!

He may be a cockmunch, but he can play football.

No denying that, though tonight he seemed to be on a bit of a self gratification bender, which makes him an even bigger cockmunch than I previously thought.

As for everyone else in the match, Messi, Iniesta and Xavi all massively outshone anyone in a Man U shirt by playing some of the best possession football I've seen. If Ronaldo had taken a leaf out of their book by passing it to players in better positions rather than shooting from daft ranges and angles then tonight may have been more of a contest than it was.

Well done Barca for teaching a very good (but pretty ordinary tonight) United side a lesson in football. Was annoying to see Carles Puyol being a bit of an arse and diving quite badly, though it was amusing to see the worlds biggest diver (Ronaldo) ridiculing him when he went down and stayed down. The makeshift Barca defense did a pretty good job, Pique was particularly impressive.

Guest Bob Double Jack
Have you seen Anderson play at all this season apart from that 45 minutes? I'm guessing not, otherwise you wouldn't have been so wrong in that statement.

no i;ve never seen him play before, i am so wrong.

seriously though, I've never been wholly impressed with him or nani. I don't know why, but neither of them float my boat as players. yes he may be only be 21, but thats not much different from messi, rooney, and they are far more effective players - possibly an unfair comparison with these 2, as they are truly gifted players. he may well have been played in the wrong position, but thats just my opinion.

fletcher was sorely missed last night, and man utd's midfield rendered pretty much ineffective by some great possession football. ronaldo was a huge diappointment.

Rooney and ronaldo were rubbish last night, i really really dont see the fuss over rooney he never cosistantly performs only showing ability in flashes during the season and yet he is made out to be one of the best in the world.....he would struggle to get into the Real or Barca teams id say.

Man Utd seemed to lose all heart after Eto scored last night, Ronaldo spent most of the game sulking and their midfield was completely outplayed, Fletcher was a big big loss in terms of the work he does. Just one of those nights when their big players didnt show up and Xavi and Iniesta were simple stunning.

Mark McGhee was spotted having dinner with Willie Miller in the west end last night....

The P&J have him quoted from his home in Brighton. Yet apparently he was spotted all over Aberdeen yesterday. It's like transfer deadline day with all the fake sightings going around.

I think it looks awesome personally.

I'm disappointed because the collared, two tone one we had a few years ago was brilliant but it's been a downward spiral since.

Don't think we really get a great deal with this prosport thing to be honest.

I'm disappointed because the collared, two tone one we had a few years ago was brilliant but it's been a downward spiral since.

Don't think we really get a great deal with this prosport thing to be honest.

Nah, it's basically a bog standard Nike kit which you can buy for 15. We then get the badges and sponsor sewn on and it then costs 40 for the punter.

We haven't had a proper dedicated strip designed for a few years now. Poor show really.

I still prefer it to last seasons one though.

New third kit coming soon too apparently.