aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

At 2pm today is one of the biggest games in my 15 year support of ICT...

Great results on the saturday; with St Midden getting pumped by Muvverwell and Falkirk and Killie drawing. If we win, that'd be 6 points clear of Falkirk and a couple clear of the rest of the pack = pretty much safe.

Terry Butcher pulled a masterstroke by playing Imrie on the wing against the terrible Mo Camara, but I don't think that'll work against the more able Brian Easton. I'd keep Barrowman up front, with Fillipe Morais playing either wide right or just off the strikers. Bring big Pavels back in, moving Rossco back to RB, despite his World Class centre half performance against St Midden last weekend. We really need to take our chances at set pieces and big Majic is deadly at headers.

Hamilton are terrible away from home, but with Offiong back in the team I think they will be a bit more dangerous than the last time they were up. Worst case scenario would be to go one down, as they'll revert to the cheating, diving, time-wasting numpties that Craig Levein moaned about last year.

I'd bite your hand off for a win, but i'll take a 1-1. I'm so sure of it being 1-1, I've put the 15 I won today (thanks to Burnley, Liverpool and West Brom) on the 6-1 odds offered at Coral.

n1379104477_282677_27744.jpg

butcher_terry_r.jpg

there's only one Paul Stewart, oooooone paul stewart. I would have loved to have seen tiny in a montrose strip again next season. a great lad and a has become a tidy player

in other news we have permanently signed scotland u19 left back gordon pope, sean fleming and fraser milligan from dundee utd. pope is a brilliant player and will go on to much bigger things.

Yeah, good prediction. I have no idea what you were basing that on besides clear dislike for the opposition.

It was based on City's improved form since they went out of Europe and a funny feeling that, after doing so well in midweek, the rags were going to slip up.

My funny feelings aren't as accurate as RossP's, apparently :down:

It's pretty sickening to think Ayr would have finished top of the table this season if we'd just managed to get a win from fucking Alloa at home. Stuck in a playoff with Brechin now. Not easy.

As an added annoyance, just realised if it wasn't for Benayoun's 93rd minute goal against Arsenal, Ayr would be the only team in the country not to lose at home this season.

liverpool will no doubt look back on home draws against the likes of stoke and fulham as to where they threw it away but at least they gave it a go.

hard to believe newcastle drew at old trafford opening day of the season!