aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

My highlight of the film was the intense compulsion to vomit I got from the scene where Spiderman is coming to fight venom; he pauses on a rooftop with a huge American flag flying behind him.

The dancing scene was also one of the most bizarre things in modern cinema. It left me feeling distinctly uncomfortable, in the worst way possible.

I'm glad I didn't pay to watch it. I'd hate myself even more if I had.

Yeah, i'm glad i didn't pay (well i did kinda but i have a Cineworld card) to see it either. I have no real inclination to see a 4th one now either.

My highlight of the film was the intense compulsion to vomit I got from the scene where Spiderman is coming to fight venom; he pauses on a rooftop with a huge American flag flying behind him.

And you felt the need to see some sort of bizarre symbolism in that did you?

So seeing an American flag flying makes you want to vomit?? Its just a flag!

We have one too, flying from plenty of buildings in this country...

It makes me laugh, that you'd sit through a film you obviously didn't enjoy, and then moan about it! afterwards, Your response would seem to indicate that you are blatantly anti-American??

Ah well, each to his own.....

It makes me laugh, that you'd sit through a film you obviously didn't enjoy, and then moan about it! afterwards, Your response would seem to indicate that you are blatantly anti-American??

can-of-worms.jpg

And there you go again... o_O

There was all that cheesy stuff in the first one as well, after 9/11, "We're noo yawkers, you take on one of us, you take on all of us" etc.

Same in Spiderman 2, the bit in the train where his mask falls off, and they all silently agree to keep his identity secret cos it's the right thing to do....

I watched From London To Brighton last night, it was gritty and hard going (peados, 11 year old prostitutes, women getting beat up, guns, gangsters etc.) but an excellent watch.

Yup, excellent film, although if anyone's seeking it out I think the "From" in your description is superflous. ;)

Eden Lake. Pretty effective but a couple of really disturbing moments that were totally unecessary and seemed there purely to up the shock value.

X Men Last Stand. Better than I remembered.

I would also like to say that Spiderman 3 must be one of the most disappointing films I have ever seen. When that dance scene happened I seriously wanted to throw something through the telly.

Finally got round to seeing The Wrestler last night, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Mickey Rourke's part isn't exactly open brain surgery, but he played it well. Credit also to the fly-on-the-wall way it was shot, and the fact it didn't go for the happy ending, thank god.

Marissa Tomei = :love:

Frost/Nixon next.

:up:

I've watched quite a few films that i haven't seen before over the past week:

Talladega Nights- Quite funny in places but largely due to its ridiculous nature. Some of the one-liners are particularly good. I still don't get the mass appeal with Will Ferrell though.

D.O.A (Dead Or Alive)- Quite possibly one of the dumbest films i've ever watched but by christ Holly Valance, Sarah Carter, Natassia Malthe and Devon Aoki look amazing in it. Shit premise, shit dialogue but entertaining as a no brainer none-the-less. Some of the martial arts scenes are quite impressive as well.

Garfield- Absolute shit but thankfully very short.

My Bloody Valentine 3D- I actually really enjoyed this. The acting was pretty rubbish but the 3D element was quite stunning and the film subject matter and delivery was suitably gory and sick enough to keep my interest. By no means a classic Horror film but miles better than the last 3D film i saw (Scar 3D). You can't really go wrong with 3D full-frontal nudity either ;)

I think i'm seeing one of either 7 Pounds, Role Models, Underworld: Rise Of The Lycans or The Wrestler this week at the cinema and i'll probably be watching a few films on TV as well.

watched a few at the weekend...

The Curious Case of BB - really quite good film, weird like, didn't reaslise he was turning that much into a baby!

Murder Party - Started off thinking it was an 80's B horror by the way it was set and the manner of the acting, then when I saw laptop's, mobiles etc and how new looking they were, realised it was slightly newer. By comdey blood bath, rather amusing!

Seven Pounds - slightly sad touching film, kind guessed what was happening, butwas sad/happy...

I enjoyed I Am Legend.

Nooooooooooooooo!

The worst CGI I have seen in a long time.

Why did they call it "I Am Legend" when they basically raped the book and left it for dead without even including the titular phrase or any of the books key concepts?

They should have just called it "Generic Sub-Standard CGI/Will Smith Project"

(See: Wild Wild West, Men in Black, Men in Black 2, Independence Day, Hancock, I, Robot etc).