aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Watched The Wrestler last night. After all the great reviews I was looking forward to seeing Mickey Rourke's alleged return to form. It wasn't dull, it was awful, like a second-rate TV movie disguised as a cool, hip indie flick. The amount of money they wasted making this could have been better spent feeding a third world country. It has every cliche in the book - the wrestling version of, say, a bad Rocky.

The music starts with Quiet Riot blasting Mental Health then a bit of Ratt (Round and Round) then Accept/Scorpions/Cinderella and GNR, and just when it's a hair band singalong it's ruined by Bruce Springsteen crooning The Wrestler - fuck it is so crap. Micky Rourke's wrestler would have been great played by Jean Claude Van Damme. What a load of old shit

• Upvote 1

Micky Rourke's wrestler would have been great played by Jean Claude Van Damme. What a load of old shit

erm not so sure bout that!

I watched it too this weekend, altho it's not the most lively film, it was still pretty compeling to watch, such a sad story, sad past it men doing sad jobs, with sad haircuts....but I was quite intrigude at how much the wrestlers put themselves through just to put on a show!!

Also watched :

The Ice Harvest - John Cusack robbery gone slightly wrong...almost like a tv program nothing to get excited over

Death Note - Jap film of a guy who comes across the death note book, when someones name is written in the die 40 secs after. Tartan asian (I think or along that lines) quite amusing, away to order no 2

Just Friends - one of the more watchable Chick flicks

40 old virgin - last night on tv, still find it hilarious after seeing a few times

Death Note - Jap film of a guy who comes across the death note book, when someones name is written in the die 40 secs after. Tartan asian (I think or along that lines) quite amusing, away to order no 2

The anime of this is miles, miles better. Bought the live-action version for my g/f for Christmas - we're huge fans of the comic and the anime (our flat is full of Ryuhk statuettes and she has replica Deathnote - it doesn't work though, I tried), we couldn't have been more disappointed with the live-action - cheap CGI, pointless plot changes etc...

Watched 'Last King of Scotland' last night - excellent performances from James Macevoy and Forest Whittaker.

:popcorn:

The anime of this is miles, miles better. Bought the live-action version for my g/f for Christmas - we're huge fans of the comic and the anime (our flat is full of Ryuhk statuettes and she has replica Deathnote - it doesn't work though, I tried), we couldn't have been more disappointed with the live-action - cheap CGI, pointless plot changes etc...

Watched 'Last King of Scotland' last night - excellent performances from James Macevoy and Forest Whittaker.

:popcorn:

ooh didn't realise it was both! looks like a remake coming out in 2010 (imdb'd it, but no info yet - bet it's a US remake!)

Did you try writing in the deathnote in japanese? ha ha (I noticed the pages inside are written in englilsh and the guy L spoke in english....why??)

ooh didn't realise it was both! looks like a remake coming out in 2010 (imdb'd it, but no info yet - bet it's a US remake!)

Did you try writing in the deathnote in japanese? ha ha (I noticed the pages inside are written in englilsh and the guy L spoke in english....why??)

Noooo! Not a US remake, they'll completely bastasdise it!

The anime is a really subtle, complex detective story (with Death Gods); they kinda missed out the nuances of the anime in the live-action movie, especially with the L character.

I'm afraid my Japanese goes as far as "konechiwa", "arigato" and "kompai"....8-)

Well, The Reader was very disappointing. I couldn't call it a bad film, just very "meh".

Didn't think Kate Winslet's performance was particularly award worthy either. Oh, and for everyone who wanted to see her in the buff, she actually looked pretty minging in this (deliberate I guess, as I know she is a very attractive woman normally).

The Wrestler was much better.

I went to see Slumdog last night and it is worth the hype. Really engaging and well told. Good soundtrack too.

Started re-watching The Corporation last night but was too tired to finish it. One of the few films to make me feel both scared and angry!

I have a vague memory of watching the Corporation... I have read the book, which is much like how you described the film - both scary and anger inducing.

Last 3 films I watched were:

Spiderman 3 (Pretty good) :up:

Batman the Dark Knight (On the whole I thought it was shite, the best thing about it was Heath Ledger as Joker... cos bloody Christian Bale was absolute crap IMHO...:down:

Kingdon of the Crystal Skull (great escapism... really enjoyed it) :up:

You can get help with crack addiction on the NHS now you know.

• Upvote 1