aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

OK, Mrs Bigsby and I have the first opportunity to go to the cinema together in two years (!) tomorrow night, what should we see?

I'be narrowed it down to worthy but possibly dull (The Reader) or dumb but fun (My Bloody Valentine in 3D).

What's her face gets her duds out in the Reader. I'd prefer to see people get hacked up with a miners pick though.

I might make a rare trip to the flicks to see 'The Reader'....and 'The Wrestler' (is it out yet?).

Most recent film watched was 'Tremors' (for the umpteenth time) on TV last night....always enjoy it.

Don't suppose anybody else recalls when the BBC (I think) showed 3-D films in the 70s...there were free glasses with the Radio Times, but the effect was naff. Saw a few at the World Cinema nights in the Cowdray Hall...'Creature from the black lagoon' was fun in 3-D. My mum still mentions seeing 'House of Wax' in 3-D, and how the whole audience ducked to avoid being hit by a ball on the end of a biff-bat elastic string.

I saw Scar 3D a few months ago and while the film itself was pretty cack the 3D effect made it quite voyeuristic.

I went to see it too, I didn't find the 3D really did much tho?? glasses kinda p'd me off too...not as good as the 3D cinema in cadonas - saw a dinasaur one there and it was ace, little things buzzing about your face!

I went to see it too, I didn't find the 3D really did much tho?? glasses kinda p'd me off too...not as good as the 3D cinema in cadonas - saw a dinasaur one there and it was ace, little things buzzing about your face!

Yeah, it was more subtle 3D and i felt that it made you feel like you were actually in the film rather than having things needlessly thrust at you for effect. One bit in particular that impressed me was the bit in the police interview, i actually felt like i was sitting on the other side of the table next to the cop.

Don't suppose anybody else recalls when the BBC (I think) showed 3-D films in the 70s...there were free glasses with the Radio Times, but the effect was naff. Saw a few at the World Cinema nights in the Cowdray Hall...'Creature from the black lagoon' was fun in 3-D. My mum still mentions seeing 'House of Wax' in 3-D, and how the whole audience ducked to avoid being hit by a ball on the end of a biff-bat elastic string.

I seem to remember a Comic Relief night which had a scratch and sniff card, which you were to smell when various images came on the screen.

Nowhere near as exciting as it sounds ;)

Gonzo: The life and work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson at the belmont?

Watched it the other night... amazing! Mixes factual bitties with crazy anecdotal bitties, real footage with dramatic reconstructions and maybe best of all Jonny Depp's voice with HS Thompson's words. A really thorough biographical documentary that is more affectionate towards the guy as a brilliant writer and a political brain rather than latching onto the loopy, drugs side of him for the 'freakshow' effect.

Maybe not a date with the missus movie though.

Gonzo: The life and work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson at the belmont?

Watched it the other night... amazing! Mixes factual bitties with crazy anecdotal bitties, real footage with dramatic reconstructions and maybe best of all Jonny Depp's voice with HS Thompson's words. A really thorough biographical documentary that is more affectionate towards the guy as a brilliant writer and a political brain rather than latching onto the loopy, drugs side of him for the 'freakshow' effect.

Maybe not a date with the missus movie though.

Fear n lothings a great movie, the book is also brilliant but in a totally different way!

Is it still in belmont? might have to go check it out!