aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

I got stuck into Pineapple Express last night, decent, a few laugh out loud moments, but not great. The first film where I've ever disliked Seth Rogen's performance, all he did was yell all the time, it was a bit annoying. James Franco was really good.

Agreed about Garden State, I think it's an excellent movie, really charming.

Next thing I'm looking forward to is Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Penelope Cruz, Scarlett Johansen and Javier Bardem, directed by Woody Allen.

I got stuck into Pineapple Express last night, decent, a few laugh out loud moments, but not great. The first film where I've ever disliked Seth Rogen's performance, all he did was yell all the time, it was a bit annoying. James Franco was really good.

Got this at the weekend, only watched half of it while inebriated, fell asleep. Seemed quite good though, I remember laughing at a lot of stoner-mentality type humour. Was in the "right frame of mind" for a stoner movie, if you catch my meaning...

Got this at the weekend, only watched half of it while inebriated, fell asleep. Seemed quite good though, I remember laughing at a lot of stoner-mentality type humour. Was in the "right frame of mind" for a stoner movie, if you catch my meaning...

James Franco's character "Sol" reminds me of Brad Pitt's character in True Romance. It's like they gave Floyd his own film... :up:

I really liked Garden State, OK it's a bit trite 'rite-of-passage' in places, but excellent performances from Portman and Peter Saarsgard

It's definitely worth a watch. I just thought most of it was pretty shmaltzy and felt too forced. I like my indies a bit more subtle. I still like Braff though.

Watched W. the other day. George Bush comes off as a bit of a legend which is surprising considering it's an Oliver Stone film. I suppose it would have been too easy to totally rip the piss out of him. Decent enough film full of 'him-out-of...' faces.

I watched the Bucket List last night. It was excellent, Freeman and Nicholson are great together. It's not often I cry at a film but I had a wee tear in my eye at the end. Highly recommended.

Yeah I rented that last year, it's not a classic but I've spent much worse evenings in front of a film. Solid effort.

I watched the Bucket List last night. It was excellent, Freeman and Nicholson are great together. It's not often I cry at a film but I had a wee tear in my eye at the end. Highly recommended.

Yeah I shed a tear or two with that film too, every time they mentioned they were dying!!

then again I had tears rolling when Grisson left CSI, sob sob :( sad moment

Watched Outlander, very blood filled fantasy with vikings and an alien guy (don't want to give too much away). Thought this would be very predicatable but wasn't too bad. Quite a long film but grasped through it and enjoyed it.

Finally got round to seeing The Wrestler last night, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Mickey Rourke's part isn't exactly open brain surgery, but he played it well. Credit also to the fly-on-the-wall way it was shot, and the fact it didn't go for the happy ending, thank god.

Marissa Tomei = :love:

Frost/Nixon next.

:up:

I went in to see the Wrestler the other week.

I really enjoyed it, although the whole time I was watching it I couldn't help but think of the Jake The Snake part of "Beyond The Mat".

A thinly veiled influence if ever there was one.

I really enjoyed it, although the whole time I was watching it I couldn't help but think of the Jake The Snake part of "Beyond The Mat".

jake the snake is a cracked up mentalist.

It does bear a resemblance but I reckon the basis of inspiration was a whole host of washed up wrestlers.

I gave my non-wrestling fan friend my copy of Beyond The Mat after watchint The Wrestler with him.

The Jake The Snake/Daughter relationship was obviously the inspiration for the Ram/Daughter scenes.

I kept expecting her to produce a scrapbook and explain how it represents the veil her father hides behind.

At least The Rams Daughter was hot.:laughing:

I love Beyond The Mat.

After the discussion on here about it, I watched Funny Games US last week.

Although I'd be reluctant to say I enjoyed it as such, it's a really good film. Pretty inventive stuff and I think it gets its message across pretty well.

Gutted I missed The Wrestler, seems to be gone from most cinemas these days. Consarn it.

Took advantage of some free credits in my LoveFilm account to watch some films that I normally wouldn't of rented.

Star Wars Clone Wars: Which was utterly gash. Terrible story and animation.

Hellboy 2: Enjoyable enough. Looking forward to Del Toro's efforts on the Hobbit.

...and I've got There Will Be Blood tonight.