aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

I thought this was brilliant.

An emotional experience for me, knowing that it was likely to be the last time I would watch a performance from someone who has been my hero since I was a little kid.

Clint couldn't have gone out on a better note. Not only was it a great story well told with an important message, we got the added bonus of seeing Clint kicking ass and taking names as only he can. :up:

Perhaps premature less than 24 hours after seeing it, but I can see Gran Torino ending up in my all time top 10 list.

Oh, and I thought all the supporting actors were fine.

I thought the Asian girl from next door was pretty suspect, Tao's sister. I didn't think the kid who played Tao was much cop either, or the leader of the H'Mung gang.

I thought the Asian girl from next door was pretty suspect, Tao's sister. I didn't think the kid who played Tao was much cop either, or the leader of the H'Mung gang.

I'd heard these complaints before I saw it, but the only time I raised an eyebrow was right at the start when some of the neighbours (not Tao or Sue) were speaking to each other in H'nong, in the house. I thought "Oh oh". But I guess after that I just enjoyed it and got engrossed in the story.

I thought this was brilliant.

An emotional experience for me, knowing that it was likely to be the last time I would watch a performance from someone who has been my hero since I was a little kid.

Clint couldn't have gone out on a better note. Not only was it a great story well told with an important message, we got the added bonus of seeing Clint kicking ass and taking names as only he can. :up:

Perhaps premature less than 24 hours after seeing it, but I can see Gran Torino ending up in my all time top 10 list.

Oh, and I thought all the supporting actors were fine.

Really looking forward to this.

My fave Clint movies are Outlaw Josie Wales, In The Line Of Fire and Million Dollar Baby.

I hope Gran Torino stacks up.

As I say, it's perhaps premature, but I think Gran Torino prbably surpasses Unforgiven, not least because

Walt Kowalski ultimately realises that the violence he has perpetrated has exacerbated the situation and directly led to Sue being raped and beaten, whereas William Munny in Unforgiven continues with violence to get his revenge for Ned's death.

As for Clint's movies, my favourite (and indeed all-time favourite film) is Magnum Force. Yes, I KNOW it's not as "good" a film as the likes of Million Dollar Baby or even the first Dirty Harry, but for some reason I just love it, it just oozes the 70s out of every pore.

Clint is unquestionably the greatest movie star ever. No other actor has managed to maintain status as a genuine top box office draw for some 45 years, let alone pull off critical acclaim and Oscar success as a director as well.

And he's still going. :)

Watched ...

Pretty Persuasion - (as recommended by Afro Droid) good quirky film, bit more light hearted than Hard Candy tho hee hee the girls a bit scary!

Choke - alright comedy but nothing spectacular

Defiance - good film being a true story n all, can't complain about a couple of hours of Daniel Craig!!

Milk - can't remember if I put this up already - got bored ahlf way thru and switched off

I'm not sure if I fancy that. It's possibly Palahniuk's weakest book, I didn't really enjoy reading it, and for some reason I can only picture Ed Norton playing Victor.

I haven't read the book, the film was the first I had heard of it, so can't compare, but the guy who played Victor was pretty weak and unbelievable as a sex addict...it just didn't have much drive behind it

I'm not sure if I fancy that. It's possibly Palahniuk's weakest book, I didn't really enjoy reading it, and for some reason I can only picture Ed Norton playing Victor.

I've only read the book, and totally share your point of view about only picturing Ed Norton filling the role. I just can't begin to imagine how Sam Rockwell would play Victor. It's out on DVD on 23 March, so I'll probably get a chance to watch it around then. Quite looking forward to seeing it, though I'll probably be disappointed.

I've only read the book, and totally share your point of view about only picturing Ed Norton filling the role. I just can't begin to imagine how Sam Rockwell would play Victor. It's out on DVD on 23 March, so I'll probably get a chance to watch it around then. Quite looking forward to seeing it, though I'll probably be disappointed.

Really don't bother watching. It's awful. Discarding the book and considering it on its own, it's an absolute shambles of a film.

I watched A Complete History Of My Sexual Failures last night, which was good. It's a documentary about a guy in his 30s that's been dumped by every girlfriend he's ever had and decides to call them all up and interview them to see where he's gone wrong. It's pretty obvious to the viewer what his problems are, he's emotionally immature, he treats women like shit, he's a lazy twat who consistently turns up late for dates, or doesn't turn up at all, he's a scruffy bastard who can't look after himself, can't satisfy them sexually (he hasn't been able to get an erection for over 3 years), and he's just a bit creepy. It's prety evident that he's a terrible boyfriend by the fact that most of his girlfriends refuse to take part, some of them refuse to even speak to him, one even tells him to fuck off and slams the door in his face. Another threatens to sue him if he even uses her name in the film! But he's just too blind to see that it's his fault, concluding at one point that his problem is that he 'only seems to be attracted to psychopathic women'! I'd recommend checking it out, the guy is a total tool but you do sorta feel for him.

I watched A Complete History Of My Sexual Failures last night, which was good. It's a documentary about a guy in his 30s that's been dumped by every girlfriend he's ever had and decides to call them all up and interview them to see where he's gone wrong. It's pretty obvious to the viewer what his problems are, he's emotionally immature, he treats women like shit, he's a lazy twat who consistently turns up late for dates, or doesn't turn up at all, he's a scruffy bastard who can't look after himself, can't satisfy them sexually (he hasn't been able to get an erection for over 3 years), and he's just a bit creepy. It's prety evident that he's a terrible boyfriend by the fact that most of his girlfriends refuse to take part, some of them refuse to even speak to him, one even tells him to fuck off and slams the door in his face. Another threatens to sue him if he even uses her name in the film! But he's just too blind to see that it's his fault, concluding at one point that his problem is that he 'only seems to be attracted to psychopathic women'! I'd recommend checking it out, the guy is a total tool but you do sorta feel for him.

I posted about this film a while back. It's a good watch but you're right, the guy is an utter numpty. Best bit of the film is when he's in Glasgow getting love advice from a couple of winos. Worth watching just for that bit of magic.

I posted about this film a while back. It's a good watch but you're right, the guy is an utter numpty. Best bit of the film is when he's in Glasgow getting love advice from a couple of winos. Worth watching just for that bit of magic.

:laughing:

I loved the advice the Weegie neds gave him:

Chris - I can't get an erection when I'm with a woman

Neds - You must be gay then.

I thought they were going to fill him in at one point.

So how long has he been following the Rangers?