aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

I watched The Edge Of Love last night, which was good without ever being great. Good acting, and the scenery and cinematography was really good, but the script was a bit clunky at times. It started slow but it picked up about halfway through and became quite compelling toward the end. If you absolutely HAVE to watch a WW2 movie starring Keira Knightley, then watch Atonement, which is amazing, but this one isn't bad either. Also watch if you like Dylan Thomas (though he's really little more than a secondary character).

Last film I watched was Transformers: The Movie, the 1986 cartoon one. Had an odd craving for it after my mate put on some songs from the soundtrack, some of the most awesomely cheesy songs ever.

The last age appropriate and not completely geeky film I watched was Watchmen, which I really enjoyed. Though my graphic novel afficiando friend tells me that it is a crock of shit and missed out loads from the book.

The last age appropriate and not completely geeky film I watched was Watchmen, which I really enjoyed. Though my graphic novel afficiando friend tells me that it is a crock of shit and missed out loads from the book.

I wouldn't say it's shit, but it's a bit disappointing if you're a fan of the book. Tell your amte to wait for the DVD, which should be way better.

Dead Mans Shoes (again) great uk film, good twists, sad story too.

Amazing film.

'Can I help you mate?'

'Sorry?'

'What the fuck you looking at?'

'YOU, YA CUNT!!'

I have recently watched an old 70's horror film called 'Black Christmas' which I had read lots of good things about but it was a bit slow.

'My Name Is Bruce' was a bit disappointing, some amusing bits but nae great.

Amazing film.

'Can I help you mate?'

'Sorry?'

'What the fuck you looking at?'

'YOU, YA CUNT!!'.

My favourite line is:

"My mates have this crazy idea that..."

"YEA, IT WAS ME!"

Tried watching the Kite Runner a few nights back but it was just too boring and slow to finish. The kid actors were alright but the pace totally killed my interest after 45 mins - first film I've switched off in ages.

Also caught UKM: The Ultimate Killing Machine with Michael Madsen the other night. Was a pretty good b-movie. Loads of fake gore and the typical stereotypes of society getting into trouble... worth a scan.

Finally Pterodactyl, another B-movie starring none other than everyone's favourite foul-mouthed z-list rapper... COOLIO! Was actually a fucking ace film, with not bad special effects. Clichd, but definately worth checking out any reruns on the Zone-Horror channel (which is fucking brilliant)

Watched Pride and Glory last night.

On the back cover it said "Makes The Departed look like The Bill - Johnny Vaughan", which really just goes to show how bad a film critic Johnny Vaughan is.

It was ok, but was a fairly plodding 2 hours and a very unfulfilling ending for a cop drama

After all that they 2 of the guys were caught/killed because they fucked up a robbery and the main bad guy was just sitting in a bar waiting to be arrested

I watched this last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, despite Colin Farrell doing his best to ruin it. I thought it was pretty riveting. I thought the two guys getting caught because they fucked up a robbery reflected how utterly desperate they were, that they would risk doing a hold up in neighbourhood filled with all the gangsters who want them dead.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I thought it was really good.

Though the quote does also cement my suspicion that Johnny Vaughan is in fact a total cunt.

i watched 'cass' today and its pretty good, its about cass pennant, a member of west ham's ICF crew in the 80's based on the book written by the man himself. then again i am a sucker for a footy hooligan film have to admit!

I'm another fan of all things hooligan. Football Factory is a total guilty pleasure of mine... "I can't wait to see your fanny." Green street was pretty mince but you cant beat a good cockney ruck so worth a watch.

Been wanting to see Cass for a while but read mixed reviews and thinkin ill be disapointed after reading the book.

I'm another fan of all things hooligan. Football Factory is a total guilty pleasure of mine... "I can't wait to see your fanny." Green street was pretty mince but you cant beat a good cockney ruck so worth a watch.

Been wanting to see Cass for a while but read mixed reviews and thinkin ill be disapointed after reading the book.

i haven't read the book but me sisters boyfriend did and was disappointed with the film, it misses out quite a lot, his biggest gripe was it doesnt touch on cass trying to track down his real parents. the fight scenes are superb and there is good documentary about the making of the film with the dvd. they used ex hooligans for the fight scenes! and a cameo from two great franks - macavennie and bruno :up:

despite loving a good hooligan film, i cannot bring myself to rent green street 2, by all accounts utter gash of the highest order, first one was nae bad but him out of lord of the rings was beyond appaling!

and leo gregory is forever going to be typecast as a hooligan i feel!

i haven't read the book but me sisters boyfriend did and was disappointed with the film, it misses out quite a lot, his biggest gripe was it doesnt touch on cass trying to track down his real parents. the fight scenes are superb and there is good documentary about the making of the film with the dvd. they used ex hooligans for the fight scenes! and a cameo from two great franks - macavennie and bruno :up:

despite loving a good hooligan film, i cannot bring myself to rent green street 2, by all accounts utter gash of the highest order, first one was nae bad but him out of lord of the rings was beyond appaling!

and leo gregory is forever going to be typecast as a hooligan i feel!

If only the fight scene involved the two Franks... then i'd definitely watch it.

Wasn't aware of a Green Street 2. I can't imagine there was much of an audience for that one. Also, Frodo hasn't done anything good since North.

I think your right about Leo gregory. Although his range extends further than just football. The plot outline for his next film = A cruel twist of fate catapults small time crook Mickey Skinner into the big league, as head of a brutal London gang poised on the brink of a lucrative human-trafficking deal

Right, I'm off to watch Hunger, a docu-drama bout some Irish prisoner bloke called Bobby who didnt feel like eating... Or something like that.

green street 2 went straight to dvd, it only features one cast member from the first film. Ross McCall as Dave, i don't remember him tbh!

i'm looking forward to seeing hunger.

Neither do I, though apparently he was engaged to Jennifer Love Hewitt for a couple of years until recently o_O

I quite fancy seeing Cass actually. I usually enjoy that type of film. I even didn't mind Green Street.

I have the following to watch:

Night Watch (Blu Ray)

Rambo 4 (Blu Ray)

Resident Evil- Extinction (Blu Ray)

Planet Of The Apes

Beneath The Planet Of The Apes

Escape From The Planet Of The Apes

Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes

Battle For The Planet Of The Apes

I like a good footie hooligan movie as well. I always felt the violence in Green Street was a bit too 'Hollywood-ified though'. It just felt really fake and choreographed. Plus, there's no way in the world a hooligan is going to knock over a red phone box! They're cemented into the ground for fuck's sake! But it looks good on American cinema screens, "Wow a red phone box, they must be in jolly old England"! And the lead guy's cockney accent was laughably bad. It wasn't a bad film like, but Football Factory was miles better.

Watched "Valkyrie" last night....

Very good, and pretty accurate about the anti-Hitler conspiritors (is that spelt right?), especially Col. Claus Schenk von Stauffenberg, apart from pretty poor accents... watchable, and I would recommend it !

**** (4 out of 5 stars)

Got "The Reader" and "The Day the Earth Stood Still" to watch, when I get the chance....

Hi friends, I am Deefana new on this Board and Thread.Nice thread.well I saw Punisher Last time. The movie was Great.

Hello Deefana.:girl:

I always felt this forum needed an "Introduce Yourself" thread for newbies....

Also a "Show us your face" thread. I want to know what everybody looks like!