aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Spanish Films

Amores Perros: Same director as Babel, but a bajillion times more origial and better (in my all-time top 10)

Bad Education: Almaldovar film about sexuality. Gael Garcia Bernal is also a brilliant Spanish actor

Jamon Jamon: Funny rom-com / drama where Penelope Cruz gets her tits out!

Volver: A film almost dedicated to Penelope Cruz's tits.

Open Your Eyes: Obvious one, original Vanilla Sky (probably got Penelope's tits too)

Intacto: Amazingly shot film about gambling and luck, starts slow but is worth persevering with!

Nine Quees: Con-man film about con-men!

Thesis: If you like thriller films this is a must... all about snuff!

Live Flesh: Very sexy drama... another Almaldovar classic.

Novo: Like Momento, but a lot, lot sexier!

Y tu mam tambin: very ace story, sexy sexy sexy.

Overall, it makes British cinema look a bit boring.

Basically anything with Gael Garcia Bernal, Javier Bardem is worth a watch!!!

Saw a very spanish comedy not long ago called "The other side of the bed." By very Spanish I mean most of it I didnt really 'get'. It was funny enough but the dialogue was mega fast so not sure how good it would be for learning.

If that's the film where the entire cast fucks the other entire half of the cast whilst playing tennis then yes, this is also a great Spanish film!

Amores Perros: Same director as Babel, but a bajillion times more origial and better (in my all-time top 10)

Bad Education: Almaldovar film about sexuality. Gael Garcia Bernal is also a brilliant Spanish actor

Open Your Eyes: Obvious one, original Vanilla Sky (probably got Penelope's tits too)

Intacto: Amazingly shot film about gambling and luck, starts slow but is worth persevering with!

A few I've not seen on that list: Thesis and infacto I'm gonna have to check out. Ta.

Can't believe I didn't immediately think of Amores Perros. I saw that at the cinema without having any idea what it was beforehand and was blown away. It's just about as close to cinematic perfection as you can get.

British cinema is boring in comparison but that's not necessarily a bad thing. We are by nature a more sombre people than latin folks so if our films were as flambouyant as South American/Spanish films it wouldn't be a proper reflection of the country. We do downbeat, gritty realism and clever dialogue probably the best in the world. (Mike Leigh, Shane Meadows, etc).

Watch "Primer".

This is the best sci-fi film I've ever seen. Puts every other time-travel story to shame and is so complex that it took me about 3 viewings to fully comprehend everything that went on because they make no attempt to dumb it down (honestly thought I had learning difficulties after watching it the first time)

I've watched it about ten times now and it's still great to watch!

Guest treader.

I watched 'One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest' last night for the first time ever.

I see now why it's such a 'classic' movie. Fucking Awesome. Jack Nicholson in his prime!!

put a few of those on, already had a few too - lovefilms is good for that recommending and asking for a specific genre's of movies

muy bueno:up:

I watched 'One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest' last night for the first time ever.

I see now why it's such a 'classic' movie. Fucking Awesome. Jack Nicholson in his prime!!

Man, I haven't watched that in a while, must dig it out...probably the Jack Nicholson film you need to see if you could only choose one. 'The Shining' would be a close second, with 'The Departed' a recent contender.

i saw the hunting party with richard gere last night - its based on a true story of journalists who went hunting down a major war criminal in serbia. twas rather good.

pissed off that my local cinema isnt showing the damned united mind!