aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

watched the unborn .... utter flange , turned it off after an hour and retorted back to another watch of the greatest movie ever.............bad taste.

Bad Taste = excellent!!

Watched the following at the weekend...

Body of Lies

Very intriguing movie, with great performances all round - especially from Mark Strong. Good action sequences. The James Bond climax was a bit of a cop out IMHO.

Quarantine

Decent shocker, boosted by the presence of Dexter's Jennifer Carpenter. Seems to be an amalgam of Blair Witch, Cloverfield and 28 Days Later. 10 years too late though.

Gone Baby Gone

Excellent fillum, with top notch performances all round. Twist ending at odds with realistic, gritty nature of movie.

I've got all these, but never got round to watching, so cheers you've inspired me to do it!

Also have the orphanage coming from lovefilms

I dont understand why people watch half a film and then turn it off 'cuz its shit' , how do you know if a films shit if you havent seen the ending?

Because some films are clearly shit and not worth the effort - "Cabin Fever" springs to mind. I started watching it and thought to myself "there are soooo many far better things to do that watch this garbage, so why am I wasting my precious time with it".

Granted, a film may be a slow starter and appear dull (or over complex), but if you stick with it, you reap the rewards.

But films like Cabin Fever - to me at least - are only going to get worse as the movie progresses, so why bother?

true for cabin fever, but for all the cabin fevers there are are films that take their time to get to the good stuff/point. I personally prefer to watch from start to finish, then if i did think it was shit i can present that opinion in the knowledge i saw the WHOLE film.

But yeah i spose it depends on how precious you feel your time is.

true for cabin fever, but for all the cabin fevers there are are films that take their time to get to the good stuff/point. I personally prefer to watch from start to finish, then if i did think it was shit i can present that opinion in the knowledge i saw the WHOLE film.

But yeah i spose it depends on how precious you feel your time is.

very rarely switch a film off, there may be some big vital twist or thing happening, think I'm just too curious

I liked Cabin Fever. The guy from Boy Meets World caving someone's head in with a shovel? What's not to like?

I quite liked cabin fever too ha ha but then I like a lot of shit movies ;)

I'll watch gone baby gone tonight, if I can tear myself away from my TV series,taking over me life!!

The Damned United which I thought was pretty good. Michael Sheen was top notch in it.

Saw this last week and thought it was brilliant, Michael Sheen was great. The whole look of the film was beautiful as well.

Also saw Wendy and Lucy the other week which was excellent as well. I don't think I've ever been so enthralled by a film where so little happens.

Got myself a LoveFilm account (as an ace birthday present) so kicked off with:

Knocked Up: Didn't think it was that great in the cinema but something told me to give it another shot. Some right good comedy moments but dragged in places and is pretty predictable. 5.5/10

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly: Brilliant. Was expecting it to be pretty depressing but it was quite the opposite. Really heartwarming with a few quirky moments from the man himself. Really like how it was filmed from Jean-Do's point of view for the most part. Managed not to cry despite being told I definitely would... 8/10

Gran Torino: Saw a trailor for this a while ago and completely forgot about it but I was passing The Belmont cinema and saw it was starting soon so just went for it, and I'm glad I did! Not the best acting in the world and there wasn't too much of a storyline but I totally got sucked in and fairly enjoyed it. Cried at the end though. :popcorn: 7/10

I've been thinking about joining LoveFilm. What kind of offers do they do?

Agreed about Gran Torino, really good film. :up:

We're on the 10 a month / one dvd at a time deal and can normally get through about 5 dvds a month. Because you submit a list of films you want to watch you never quite know which one you'll be getting (depends on availability) so there's an element of surprise thrown in for free! Service has so far been really good. Packages offered are in the link below...

Register for DVD rentals now with LOVEFiLM - sign up for the new online DVD hire service in the UK.

Got myself a LoveFilm account (as an ace birthday present) so kicked off with:

We're on the 10 a month / one dvd at a time deal and can normally get through about 5 dvds a month. Because you submit a list of films you want to watch you never quite know which one you'll be getting (depends on availability) so there's an element of surprise thrown in for free! Service has so far been really good. Packages offered are in the link below...

Register for DVD rentals now with LOVEFiLM - sign up for the new online DVD hire service in the UK.

I'm probably going to sign up today or tomorrow, I think if one of you 'refer a friend' you'll get yourself some free stuff. I don't know how to do it though. Anyone want to try it?

I'm probably going to sign up today or tomorrow, I think if one of you 'refer a friend' you'll get yourself some free stuff. I don't know how to do it though. Anyone want to try it?

I can refer you if you like? I use the 2 unlimited dvd/games (altho I don't often use the games, so wondering if it's worth having) 15 a month and love it, old films are so easily accessible and series are handy too

all you have to do is post them :)

Well Lovefilm are sending me my first two films off my list (which is already at over 50) - Lars and The Real Girl, and The Devils Rejects. Will watch and report back. Though I have just recevied series 7 of Family Guy in the post from Amazon so that might take priority.... :up: