aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

Best screen death scene I've ever seen was the opening of "Ghost Ship". 100 people in formal-wear simultaneously being chopped in half at the waist by razor wire. Just astonishingly good. It's just a pity the rest of the film was boring and predictable or it could have been a splatter-fest classic.

Yeah I love that scene too.

Especially when you see one guy trying to pull his intenstines back into his body.

Oh and the guy whos eyes are darting all over the place as he realises his heads been cut in half horizontally.

I watched a film called Religulous last night.

Bill Maher discussed religion with a host of different religious leaders and followers.

I thought it was just going to be him taking the piss out of all these folk but he talks to them from a very informed stand-point and is able to hold his own with them all - in fact in many cases his religious knowledge is better than some of TV evangelist type idiots.

It is, however, very funny at points and I laughed out loud several times as he pointed out the idiocy of some 'religious' beliefs.

Recommended :up:

Watched 'Funny Games (US)' on Film 4 last night.........then got up to check the door was locked!!! Not opening it to anyone in white gloves, not even Mickey Mouse (actually...especially Mickey Mouse!).

Forgive the lateness of flagging this up, but is this film any good? I'm not sure what to make of the premise, or what it aims to achieve.

I just watched The Notebook. Wonderful story, but so sad. I thought Atonement was bad for the tears, but that just takes the biscuit!

This film seems to be majorly popular with girls. I hadn't heard of it til we got it in cheap at work and it's sold non-stop since. Still not seen it though, i may cheekily ask the next good looking lass who buys it if she'll let me watch it with her :)

This film seems to be majorly popular with girls. I hadn't heard of it til we got it in cheap at work and it's sold non-stop since. Still not seen it though, i may cheekily ask the next good looking lass who buys it if she'll let me watch it with her :)

Haha. Go for it. :up:

It's a total tearjerker but it's lovely at the same time. A proper love story. I'm sure many males would enjoy it just as much as females. In saying that, I'm glad I wasn't watching it with anyone... I got far too emotional!!

Haha. Go for it. :up:

It's a total tearjerker but it's lovely at the same time. A proper love story. I'm sure many males would enjoy it just as much as females. In saying that, I'm glad I wasn't watching it with anyone... I got far too emotional!!

I'll be greeting like a school girl with a skinned knee then :( Better not watch it with a lass then as i'll make a clown out of myself haha. It would only join the list of films that make me well-up or cry :D

I'll be greeting like a school girl with a skinned knee then :( Better not watch it with a lass then as i'll make a clown out of myself haha. It would only join the list of films that make me well-up or cry :D

Probably for the best. But everyone should definitely watch it. I've been meaning to see it for ages and finally got a 3.99 bargain from hmv.com. Woo.

Also got Nil By Mouth and Requiem for a Dream... So that might be tomorrow night's watching. Maybe only one of them though - both are a bit heavy going.

Forgive the lateness of flagging this up, but is this film any good? I'm not sure what to make of the premise, or what it aims to achieve.

I enjoyed it, although there are one or two bits (one is particularly love/hate) that deliberately play with the audience. I can understand why it didn't go down well with US audiences, but that gains it extra kudos from me.

I watched The Last Kiss the other night. I like the soundtrack, but I only really bought it because I like Zach Braff, which reminds me, I still need to see Garden State. Any good?

the original italian version of the last kiss is brilliant. called 'l'ultimo bacci'. Would recommend it highly.

if it wasnt for nathalie portman being stunning, garden state would be mince. Really overdone all round: acting, visuals, script.

I enjoyed it, although there are one or two bits (one is particularly love/hate) that deliberately play with the audience. I can understand why it didn't go down well with US audiences, but that gains it extra kudos from me.

Nice one. I spotted it in the Zavvi bargain bin the other day. I might let them shave a wee bit more up the price then snap it up pre-closing. The reviews I read seemed to be staggeringly polarised, so I was just curious to know what you thought.

A female friend of mine has been to see this twice and has cried both times. She is betting that I'll cry too. Is it really a possibility? ?(

The whole theatre was crying. You could hear them sniffling. My easterhouse born and bred Dad was sitting next to me and also sobbing. Not crying, sobbing.

I haven't ever met you, but I'd wager it's a very distinct possibility for most people.