aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

I loved the first of the star trek reboot films but thought the newest one was bad. Not good as a start trek film or a generic hollywood sci-fi blockbuster. 

Couldn't they have made a spin off show about Data, Garak and The Doctor (Voyager) going around solving crimes instead?

There was talk of a Worf spin off for a while, but it never seems to have gone anywhere. 

Flight

Gives hope to all functioning alcoholics. Or is that not the message I'm supposed to take away from this?

Pretty enjoyable film that travels a fairly predictable path once the main plot (alcoholic pilot somehow crash lands a doomed plane and then has to try and deal with the consequences) starts rolling.  Denzel Washington is brilliant, as usual, and the rest of the cast hardly put a foot wrong.  Can only assume Amy Adams was otherwise engaged, though Kelly Reilly did a decent impression of her.

I recently watched Flight too. That's also what I took away from it. It was highly predictable as you say but acted out very well which made up for it. I thought the female lead was excellent actually and Denzel's portrayal of a drunk was really believable. Ultimately still a pretty trashy movie.

The Imposter - a documentary about a french guy who somehow manages to convince people he's an american kid who was kidnapped 3 years ago. I cant really explain how mental the story is without giving anything away. Its one of the weirdest real stories ive ever come across. A must watch.

+1

Excellent film, bizarre story.

• Upvote 1

The remake? Or the original? I watched the original the other night, followed by the sequel. Polar opposite films. Robocop 2 is LOLbad.

Yup i did the same i watched them both a few weeks ago, 2 just doesnt even come close to being as good as the first.

The first one is one of the best ever films imo, certainly not going to be going to watch the new hollywood rehash. 

Riddick

Riddick gets stranded on a planet and has to attract the attentions of bounty hunters to try and escape. They all end up having to work together to survive a common enemy. So basically a rehash of 'Pitch Black' but not nearly as good.

6/10

The Bank Job

Jason Statham leads a group of small time crooks to steal from a bank vault but its really an Establishment driven ploy to retrieve some photos of a Royal up to mischief that a crook has stashed there. Actually not too bad in a Brit film kind of way.

7/10

Rob Roy

Liam Neeson plays Rob Roy McGregor trying to evade Tim Roth as a foppish English baddie. Kind of over looked due to popularity of 'Braveheart' which was released around same time but its a decent film.

7/10

Riddick

Riddick gets stranded on a planet and has to attract the attentions of bounty hunters to try and escape. They all end up having to work together to survive a common enemy. So basically a rehash of 'Pitch Black' but not nearly as good.

6/10

Id have to agree, i was quite disappointed it didnt really follow on from the last one, and the killing of his dog was not needed.