aberdeen-music

Last film you watched?

Lemonade

I'm sure I've talked about this before but in my studenty-wank days of smoking too much pot and living with 4 other film studies people we would have an annual Christmas film marathon. We'd alternate between categories of christmas film.

Category 1: Films about christmas, set at christmas

e.g. Santa Claus the movie, Bad Santa, Elf, Miracle on 34th St, etc

Category 2: Films set at christmas but not specifically about christams

e.g. Die Hard, Gremlins, Home Alone, etc

Category 3: Flims with nothing to do with Christmas other than them always being on TV at Christmas

e.g. The Great Escape, Zulu, any James Bond, etc

I'm sure I've talked about this before but in my studenty-wank days of smoking too much pot and living with 4 other film studies people we would have an annual Christmas film marathon. We'd alternate between categories of christmas film.

Category 1: Films about christmas, set at christmas

e.g. Santa Claus the movie, Bad Santa, Elf, Miracle on 34th St, etc

Category 2: Films set at christmas but not specifically about christams

e.g. Die Hard, Gremlins, Home Alone, etc

Category 3: Flims with nothing to do with Christmas other than them always being on TV at Christmas

e.g. The Great Escape, Zulu, any James Bond, etc

You smoked pot? Whats pot? 

I dislike her greatly. Main reason why my copy of (500) Days Of Summer is still in the plastic wrapping. Bought it as it was recommended. Saw a short clip of New Girl and it got shoved in a drawer somewhere. It's sort of like Joey Tribiani's copy of The Shining in the Freezer.

Her sister is far better in every aspect.

Emily-Deschanel-9.jpg

I dislike her greatly. Main reason why my copy of (500) Days Of Summer is still in the plastic wrapping. Bought it as it was recommended. Saw a short clip of New Girl and it got shoved in a drawer somewhere. It's sort of like Joey Tribiani's copy of The Shining in the Freezer.

Her sister is far better in every aspect.

Emily-Deschanel-9.jpg

That's strike 2. Also watch the film. She's nothing like Jess from New Girl in it, who can be annoying and quirky. It's a really fantastic movie.

500 days of Summer is fucking awful. She's good in The Yes Man and she's very nice to look at but I'm very much in the 'can't stand her' camp too.

I hated her in Yes Man. But it's more of a retrospect hate. I saw that before really knowing who she was. Saw it again after knowing of her and it's like "Yeah, we get it. You're quirky and ditsy. Oh HOW ATTRACTIVE. Cunt"

/strike3

I ended up discussing Zooey with my cousin and my boyfriend the other day and we reached the conclusion that, although we don't like a lot of her work (with the exception of The Happening lololol) and have probably claimed to dislike her in the past, it's not actually her that we hate but the wannabes she has spawned. Horrible, horrible pretend-quirky Cath Kidston wankers who think they're really alternative because they love Belle & Sebastian and the Smiths and will have "gin in teacups<333" in their Twitter bios and think that because they bake cakes every so often, it means that they have a personality.

ENvoL.jpg

• Upvote 2

I ended up discussing Zooey with my cousin and my boyfriend the other day and we reached the conclusion that, although we don't like a lot of her work (with the exception of The Happening lololol) and have probably claimed to dislike her in the past, it's not actually her that we hate but the wannabes she has spawned. Horrible, horrible pretend-quirky Cath Kidston wankers who think they're really alternative because they love Belle & Sebastian and the Smiths and will have "gin in teacups<333" in their Twitter bios and think that because they bake cakes every so often, it means that they have a personality.

ENvoL.jpg

No, it really is Zooey I hate. Not the people who copy her. Because I believe Zooey is the same as the people you described. No way is she really that quirky and ditsy. She tries to hard. She needs to hang loose.

I tried watching '500 Days' again to see if it was any better 2nd time. Still pretty annoying but I find the guy more annoying than lovely Zooey. I have avoided 'New Girl' due to mixed opinions so far. She is awesome in 'Yes Man'.

Going back to Xmas films, 'Bad Santa' is pretty much the only one I need these days.

I tried 'Scrooged' again last week, most notable thing was David Johansen of New York Dolls fame having a substantial role, I did not remember that. It's not Bill Murray's finest moment but better than I remembered.

Edit: Obviously the Die Hard films are watched anytime I feel like it so I don't count them as Xmas movies as such.

Edited by Monster Zero