aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Cloud

local bands set length

For people in local bands -

How long is your usual set length?

Id imagine most local bands play for around 30mins....although im sure most could play for much longer if given the chance.

depends on venue and the gig.

we usualy play 20-30 min sets but then we did that month at the moorings and it was an hour, we have also done partys and other things that were longer.

yeah. holy folks can accomodate as long as people want us to play, although venues tend to want us to play only 30/40 mins. xxxxx

30 minutes is all a band need play.

i get bored when bands play for longer than 45 minutes. if a band consistently plays 30 minutes sets it means they can always play a different set and it keeps it kinda interesting.

30 minutes is all a band need play.

i get bored when bands play for longer than 45 minutes. if a band consistently plays 30 minutes sets it means they can always play a different set and it keeps it kinda interesting.

Spot on. Half an our is plenty til your headlining the Barras.

I would have thought the sensible answer would have been - whatever the person booking you wants you to play. I've been on tours where the supports have played 30 minutes, 20 minutes, and then 45 minutes all for the same band, all on the same tour. The 45 minutes was because there were problems and the headlining band were delayed. The same applies, the Lemon Tree occasionally book local bands for 30 minutes and occasionally for 90, so I guess just you play for whatever your paid to.

Cheers

Stuart

Filthpact - 25 minutes usually, if the set runs smoth. by smooth i mean nobody falls over and imaples themselves on an erect cock.

The Butchers of Bakersfield - 10-15 minutes. cos i have no stamina whatsoever when it comes to leaping around lik a fucking loon..

but usually id say 25-30 minutes.

a year' date=' haha.[/quote']

true, you could do a Reich cover that would fill a year, and be avant garde as that!

Local bands should play no longer than the duration of the good material they have. Which in some cases is about 5minutes...

No more than 40 mins, at a push, I would say...

I think you need to have at least an hour's worth of songs in your repertoire, then you can pick and choose to suit each gig. All killer, no filler...

most aberdeen bands could cut their set length by at least 20 minutes if they removed the shit-speak and in-jokes from between songs

it would also make them look less rubbish

''erm yeah, this ones about......''

who gives a fuck?!