aberdeen-music

Things that invariably happen in exams

AKMartin

Haha, one time I brought two pens, the fountain pen wasn't working, and neither was the biro, so I squeezed all the ink out of the cartridge onto the desk and used it like a quill. Good thing it was just one of those French listening tests where you don't have much to write, and not English or history. (Which may have forced me to ask for a new pen, I guess...)

When i did advanced higher music i was the only one in my class doing one of the papers. I was sat on my own in the exam room with two invigilators and a technician. I felt a little over-powered and it really didn't help that one tapped along, one hummed and one kept asking if i was alright.

xxx

I got caught cheating in a fourth year exam. Some dick in front of me asked me for an answer by writing "4a?" on his pencil and expecting me to write the answer on the pencil and hand it back to him in "can I borrow your pencil style". I couldn't be fucked with the rigmarole so I just told him the answer and not only did an invigilator hear me, he also shouted 'OII!!!!' from the back of the hall, ensuring that everyone in said hall instantly looked at him, and then me as he charged towards me. He then grabbed my paper off me, wrote " -20% FOR TALKING" on the front and asked me to see him afterwards, where he promptly gave me a first class bollocking. However, it was I.T, and I got 78% (after the reduction). Fuck authority.

Mike

I seemed to always end up with incredibly loud and annoying invigilators when I did exams at school... the ones at university weren't that bad.

I was once forced to complain after an exam as the Invigilators talked constantly through the whole thing. I could have given a full account of the details of their conversation, I heard every single word.

• 4 months later...

in my standard grade prelims someone farted for about 20 seconds (smelleed like diarea from the back, and they were at the front)

then the dude went red and asked for the loo, i think he shit himself.

i was hungover for 4 of them and drunk for 2, i still got 2's and 1's in everything (except chemistry where i was neither drunk or hungover, im just shit at it)

x

I finished in half the time we'd been given on tuesday afternoon cause there was really nothing more I could do, and I swear the invigilators were watching me as I sat with my head resting on my arms...

I was quite far away from them... maybe they were looking and chuckling at someone else... but it still made me feel rather paranoid.

Bad luck on the dude with the diarrhoea.