aberdeen-music

The World Cup 2014 Thread

Woodsinho

I was looking forward to seeing Kevin Strootman at the World Cup as he's had an excellent first season for Roma. Good combo of silk and physicality. Him, Daniele De Rossi and Radja Nainggolan is a pretty violent central combo, actually. The fact that Nainggolan isn't even in the Belgium squad is absolutely insane to me -- easily one of the best defensive midfielders in Europe.

I'm pretty interested in seeing how the Netherlands do though. They have a lot of players who are really good in Football Manager in their squad, like Indi, Depay, Vilhena and Clasie. I'm far more excited at seeing the prospect of a wave of new talent emerge than I am watching Spains revered midfielders pass the opposition to sleep.

Not sure if this maybe deserves a thread of it's own but has anyone been sad enough to collect the Panini stickers?

Been doing it myself and now at the point where I've accumulated a heap of swaps. I'm starting to remember how frustrating it was as a kid!

vsInK10.png

I have Argentina beating brazil 4-3 in the final. Bring it on!

Some major calls there. Spain getting done in the 2nd round, and France finishing 3rd is big talk.

You reckon Uruguay will crash in the groups?

I agree with the winner though. Argentina are due, and they have an in-form attack. I hope Aguero is fully fit, and I hope Messi turns up. Di Maria is going to be tear it up regardless.

Spain are gonna do a Barcelona I think. I just think there are teams who'll beat them this time around.

We're due a truly classic final and bra v arg in bra would be perfect. The Messi v Neymar narrative is the the Baggio v Romario of our time, only better and completely different but also with shit hair.

Despite some fantastic players Uruguay are still ropey. They got spanked a few times in qualifiers (although Bolivia doesn't count because of the altitude). It's a toss up between them and England for 2nd spot in that group.

I don't think the Brazil - Spain second round match is going to happen. 

you do one then! da slag my predictions!

I love these prediction generators. Didn't get them back in the pen sellotaped to the wall + wallchart days (which I will most definitely be putting up). There should be a global competition for money like Warren Buffet did for college basketball ( Link )- whoever predicts every single game with correct score gets a billion pounds.

Edited by ca_gere