aberdeen-music

The World Cup 2014 Thread

Woodsinho

My original prediction, before the site screwed it up, had a France - Uruguay final. 

In fact the more I look at mine, the more fucked up it is. Australia!?  Looks like the last 16 are correct and then it gets completely random.

That list is garbage. Lionel Messi is #51, with his 1 World Cup goal, and Ronaldo at #33 with his 2 World Cup goals. Neither have ever had a good World Cup. Look at the players they are ahead of. Some players who had starring roles in winning the World Cup, like Iniesta, Bebeto, Schillaci, Varela. Bellini won it twice as Brazils' captain, and he's number 85!

Boo-urns!

That list is garbage. Lionel Messi is #51, with his 1 World Cup goal, and Ronaldo at #33 with his 2 World Cup goals. Neither have ever had a good World Cup. Look at the players they are ahead of. Some players who had starring roles in winning the World Cup, like Iniesta, Bebeto, Schillaci, Varela. Bellini won it twice as Brazils' captain, and he's number 85!

Boo-urns!

Bergkamp, Batistuta and Klose aren't even in the 100.

It's a joke. I haven't actually looked at it since the top 20 were published, it was too obviously shite. Barney Ronay at least recognised how stupid some of the placements are, but then explained why it doesn't really matter. http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/may/29/world-cup-top-100-pele-maradona

Group C is the fucking worst of the groups. There are 2 teams there that I almost expect to score 0 goals in their 3 games. Shite. Make Colombia and Ivory Coast play to determine who finishes first and who finishes second then sack the rest of it off.

Here's how it'll all go down:

GU7Ohm8.png