aberdeen-music

The World Cup 2014 Thread

Woodsinho

Do the African teams still have a tendency towards launching 35 yard pingers on goal when in acres of space? Last time I watched an Ivory Coast game, despite them being lauded as a top team, that was still happening. It's a strange phenomenon, they all seem to do it. I would love to see a shot comparison chart of the African Cup of Nations with the Euros. 

Do the African teams still have a tendency towards launching 35 yard pingers on goal when in acres of space? Last time I watched an Ivory Coast game, despite them being lauded as a top team, that was still happening. It's a strange phenomenon, they all seem to do it. I would love to see a shot comparison chart of the African Cup of Nations with the Euros. 

Aye but when Drogba has a go it flies in the top corner EVERY TIME.

That's how we will all of our games.

Apologies, but in repsonse to your question I have no reasonable answer other than that Drogba is quite obviously a footballing God.  

James Milner played like he was drunk. It was quite a spectacular performance. Just horrendous. He made Glen Johnson look like Paolo Maldini. Ian Wright still sticking the boot in to Smalling and Jones though, despite the latter being one of the best players on the pitch. Smalling wasn't bad at all either. Maybe could have done better with the first goal, but I still think Milner and Shaw were more at fault. I think those two are set to be the scapegoats before the World Cup has even started.

Not that I care. Chile are up against Norn Irn at silly o'clock tomorrow. It's going to be total destruction.

I thought Shaw was pretty poor. He looked decent going forward but we knew that.

The worry is defensively he looks a bit clueless. This is why Cole should have gone 100%. What happens if England do make it to a quarter or something and Baines is injured? You need someone who can defend properly against the big teams.

I get the idea of youth but shaw had plenty of time. He can go to the Euros and at least 2 more World Cups. Looks like such a silly decision to me.

ABERDEEN MUSIC WORLD CUP 2014 EPIC BATTLE FOR HONOUR AND SUPREMACY

GROUP A

Brazil [MILNER]

Croatia [CAMIE]

Mexico [SKACEL]

Cameroon

GROUP B

Spain [KARMATSUNAMI]

Netherlands [MOOSE]

Chile [JODA SERK]

Australia [DELBOY1969]

GROUP C