aberdeen-music

The World Cup 2014 Thread

Woodsinho

That's the spirit!

Which players do we think are gonna see their transfer stock rise astronomically following the world cup, either justifiably or not? It always happens. Arshavin being a recent example.

We've got this William Carvalho kid that Man Utd are already interested in (supposedly). He might be one to watch.

Any other potential breakout stars?

Group C is the fucking worst of the groups. There are 2 teams there that I almost expect to score 0 goals in their 3 games. Shite. Make Colombia and Ivory Coast play to determine who finishes first and who finishes second then sack the rest of it off.

Here's how it'll all go down:

GU7Ohm8.png

I just realised you dont have Brazil in the final,  your now on my shit list. 

Fucking Holland to beat us!? Come on. 

Edited by The Milner

What happened to Eljerio Elia? I thought he was going to tear it up when I saw him in qualifying for 2010. I'd say he was the quickest player i'd ever seen. Then he was a massive flop at the last World Cup/Euros and hasn't been heard of since. DIdn't make the Dutch squad.

I'd love to see Llallallallana and Shaw 'kick on' and raise their stock further. Good, likeable players. I hate to say it but Jordan Henderson has the potential to be a 'breakout star' in my opinion. There's something deeply dislikeable about him though.

Just looking through the Chile squad... totally forgot Arturo Vidal was Chilean. You guys could do well.

USA 94 was easily the most aesthetically pleasing World Cup of all time. It was just to vividly coloured. Great kits. Great stadia. I really liked the gigantic netting too. When the ball crossed the line, it felt like it had to travel another 10 yards to hit the net. Stoichkov. Hagi. Romario. Brolin. The whole gang.

This guy and this kit:

IRELAND-V-MEXICO-006.jpg

This guy and this kit:

2012-07-25-AlexisLalas1.jpg

I also had this:

Subbuteo_usa94smalljpeg.jpg

Subbuteo is terrible, and the only thing that was USA94 about it was the box. It's a pretty great box.