aberdeen-music

The World Cup 2014 Thread

Woodsinho

Not the best result for my Aussies against South Africa the other day a 1-1 draw but Tim Cahill can still bang in the goals at 74.  One last friendly to go against them pesky Eastern Europeans Croatia, a winnable game as the croats will be too busy shitting themselves at thought of facing Brazil in the tournament opener.

Falcao is OUT!

Was expected unfortunately.  Obviously I think they should delay the tournament until he's fit.  You can't really call it the World Cup if the world's best player isn't there.  And I'm not talking about Zlatan.  Anyway, we will still be all about GOALS with Gutierrez and Rodriguez and we will still be WINNING.

Lovely stuff. Is the general feeling that he'll leave United this summer? I hope that LvG can get the best out of him and we can actually see him playing well in the Premier League, but with Rooney and Mata presumably ahead of him in the #10 role I fear the worst. :(

Kagawa's agent has ruled it out, apparently. I think he could leave though. United ruined him, playing him on the left of a 4-4-2, expecting him to be the player who tracks opposing full backs coming forward. It's not his game. I think the original intention was for to play behind Rooney, and that has always looked good, the rare occasions it has happened, but then RvP came along, and United couldn't really refuse that. He's been put all over the place since.

But a new manager could get the best out of him. van Gaal is all about possession, and that's Kagawa's strength, more so than Rooney and possibly even Mata, who are both a little more direct. 

Go with the Christmas tree formation. 3 man midfield, two playmakers (Mata & Kagawa) behind a centre forward. Goals.

Edited by Joda Serk

Apparently he's being included in the squad and will travel despite being injured, in the hopes that he'll be able to contribute at some point.

Bothered. My iPod's on shuffle and has just started playing Ugly Kid Joe songs one after the other. Nothing can bring me down. Vive La France.

I'm gonna be all over that TwatBall game.  I prefer Fantasy football at short competitions as I always fforget about the permier league ones throughout the season.  In case anyone forgot, I was the ab-mus fantasy champion at the Euros in 2012.