aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

I'm not entirely convinced David Moyes will see out the season at Manchester United. He's played down any talk of recruiting during the January window, and has stressed that it's unlikely that the players he wants will be available in January, and I should think so too, because Manchester United should be very interested in some of the players at clubs still in the Champions League, which is what will make most desirable targets unavailable until at least the summer.

Perhaps the key thing sustaining David Moyes' job is the fact that Sir Alex essentially selected him for the role, and whilst Sir Alex wields power, Moyes will be safe, because Sir Alex will not want to be proved wrong with this.

I'd  be amazed if Moyes doesn't get at least to this time next year.

Same. Or end of the season at least. He's got old fashioned football men above him in Fergie, Charlton and Robson, and not some trigger happy madcap playing fantasy football. Moyes is in good hands, but I don't think the team is in good hands.

Van Persie still plays for United, right?

His blaming everything on the referees is a bit embarrassing though, he just needs to stay calm.

I think (and hope) they'll over turn this defeat and make it to the final. A manchester derby is the only interesting possibility for the final. 

United really need to beat Swansea at the weekend though. because after that they have Chelsea away and 5 defeats in a row really might start to test the patience of some of those up top. Looking at their fixtures they have Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Liverpool within the next couple of months meaning there's no run of fixtures longer than 2 or 3 matches without a really big match. Moyes will be desperate to win at least one of those and shake the reputation of not being up to it against the big boys.

Same. Or end of the season at least. He's got old fashioned football men above him in Fergie, Charlton and Robson, and not some trigger happy madcap playing fantasy football. Moyes is in good hands, but I don't think the team is in good hands.

Van Persie still plays for United, right?

Is Van Persie injured?

That's not like him.

That is the worst thing from an outsiders perspective at the moment.  After every game, no matter how terribly they've played (and some of the games have been woeful recently).  Moyes comes out and says the same thing.  

Thought we played well.

Decisions went against us.

Thought we should have had a penalty.

You could pretty much take Moyes out that sentance and replace his name with any manager in the EPL or the SPL bar good old Craig Brown. They are always blaming someone else for their teams short comings. Twats like Lambert and Hughton are just as bad as Moyes. 

You could pretty much take Moyes out that sentance and replace his name with any manager in the EPL or the SPL bar good old Craig Brown. They are always blaming someone else for their teams short comings. Twats like Lambert and Hughton are just as bad as Moyes. 

url-17.gif

Edited by Murrr
  • Upvote 1

I was saying to my mate last night, Moyes needs to cut out this blaming the referees' pish.  Tell it exactly how it is.  

Just come out and say "Listen, I've come to the club where the only two Man Utd quality players are Rooney and Van Persie and they're both injured.  The past few seasons, the team have struggled to play well, but grinded out results, Fergie knows exactly why he retired when he did.  Everyone is out on their arse in the summer as I'm putting them all up for transfer, especially that fuckwit Rio."

If Moyes is going to start dishing out blame to take the pressure off, he needs to stop getting petty and start dishing out the hyperbole. He's been in the job six months, and he hasn't once remarked that an opposing player nearly killed Van Persie. It's just "referee" this and "penalty" that. Soft shite.

He can't honestly believe that United have ever played well under his reign, except for the 4-1 against Swansea. But he keeps bringing out the "We didn't do a whole lot wrong". Yeah, except concede more goals than the other team.

Yaya, when deciding he's going to turn up, is inhuman. Just an unstoppable force. He's as wide as he is tall, and built like a house, yet he can still outpace most. I remember Spurs vs City last season, and there was a moment when Bale tried to knock the ball past Toure and chase it. No chance. Yaya won that foot race. He had half a yard head start, but Bale rinses most players, and you'd expect him to win against a massive lump of a player.

He's iffy with his consistency though. He was shite all of last season, and patchy in the first half of the title winning season. He's been mostly good this season though. Just play good all the time, you literally massive bastard.

Edited by Joda Serk