aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Would Walcott have been a nailed on starter? Hodgeson seems to love his front 3 of Rooney, Welbeck and Sturridge. Walcott was having a good spell up until now. If he continued that way, he may have surpassed one of Sturridge or Welbeck.

Walcott being injured means that James Milner will probably be in the squad instead. Yuck.

I got these two football books at christmas.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fear-Loathing-La-Liga-Barcelona/dp/0224091786/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389100240&sr=8-1&keywords=fear+and+loathing+in+la+liga

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inverting-Pyramid-History-Football-Tactics/dp/1409145867/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389100287&sr=8-1&keywords=inverting+the+pyramid

I've read the old edition of Inverting the Pyramid before so I've started with the Barca - Madrid one. Enjoying it a lot, which is no surprise as it's written by one of my favourite journalists. Incredibly informative without being dense or dull. I've just finished a chapter on the signing of Di Stefano. I'd read some stuff about it before but had no idea how much of a complicated mess it really was. I highly recommend picking it up.

• Upvote 1

Bad time for Walcott to get injured but at least Arsene can get a replacement in and an out and out striker to to cover for Giroud. Hopefully somebody who can hit the ground running. I read they were considering a bid for Berbatov. At least he'll score and he'll probably hit the ground but won't do much running. AMIRITE?

I don't think Berbatov would suit Arsenal's quick phases of play. As wonderfully talented as he is, he's awful at staying in position. They have 1,000 players who are good at dropping deep and passing the ball. They need a poacher who will stay on the shoulder. That requires alot of running, like you see from Javier Hernandez. Berbatov won't be having any of that.

Speaking of which, Javier Hernandez would be ideal for that sort of system. All those through balls and quick passes around the edge of the box. He would score one hundred goals.

I hope that never happens though.

United in 2014: LLL

Happy new year.

Tony Valencia. What happened to him? Used to be explosive. Now he's got nothing. Been guff all last season and all of this. The #7 ruined him. Timid Tony.

And Tom Cleverley. Fielding Tom Cleverley is like going down to 10 men before the game has even started. Passenger? Passenger is an understatement. He's a fare-dodger hiding in the bogs. He RUNS AWAY from the ball. Centre back has the ball, you expect the midfielder to show for the ball. But he RUNS BEHIND an opposing player, and points to another player. "Pass to him. Pass to anyone but me". Fuck off, you soft cunt.

It's hard to blame Moyes, because he's got muck like Anderson, Cleverley, Young and Buttner in his first team squad. Alongside very badly ageing Evra, Giggs, Ferdinand, and even Vidic to an extent. But he needs a better tactical approach than getting it out wide, crossing it in, repeat x infinity.

Marcelo Bielsa is still unemployed. Only El Loco himself could kick the fuck out of these freeloaders. He doesn't even have to be the manager. He can just stand in the technical area, and scream at everyone to charge at the ball, all at once, like he did at Chile. In possession: attack. Not in possession: attack the ball. None of this defending shite. "Shape", "discipline". Fuck that noise. Get the ball. Score goals. Easy.