aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

I have a feeling Milner was being sarcastic (could be wrong).

There's no surprise that Savage was a wind up merchant on the pitch - he was very abrasive.  Took him a very very long time to ever receive a red card though.  It was one of those stats you just couldn't believe.  Booked about a million times for basically being a dick but never sent off (he was sent off later on in his career).

EDIT:  Just looked up his stats - it wasn't that late in his career - 2005/06 season.  Still, he was a red card waiting to happen and it must have taken a lot of matches before he received that red card.  Only one in his career according to ESPN stats.

Edited by Gladstone

Just realised that my BOYHOOD HEROES, Everton Rovers FC have signed McGeady. Not sure what to make of that. Haven't seen him much at Spartak but he was a frustrating player at Celtic. Unplayable at times but non-existent in some matches and he had that knack of trying to do one too many step overs or taking on the full back 8 times instead of skipping past him and zinging a ball into the box first time. He was very young and hopefully his time in Russia will have matured him as a player and he's stopped the fucking whinging he used to do on the pitch.

I went to Old Trafford this weekend and it was quite a weird experience, especially seeing pretty much a B-Rated side by Man United's standards. One thing worth mentioning though is that there was a pretty good atmosphere there and there was always chants which you never seem to hear on television.

I went to Old Trafford this weekend and it was quite a weird experience, especially seeing pretty much a B-Rated side by Man United's standards. One thing worth mentioning though is that there was a pretty good atmosphere there and there was always chants which you never seem to hear on television.

Even on the telly, it sounds like it's a better atmosphere than there has been for years. The fall from grace seems to have rallied the fans, rather than just sitting with the expectancy of a win. The vocal support for Moyes has been pretty impressive.

Wylde released from the dons, 6 months into a 3 year deal. Probably something to do with the big argument he had with Jim Leighton the other week. Seems like another Glasgow ned. Shame tho, he could have done a good job if he had his head screwed on.

Yep, definitely an attitude problem - a season at Bolton, barely played and was released, six months at Aberdeen barely played and was released. Obvious potential but a just a wee dick all-in, I reckon.

Presser announced at AFC for tomorrow morning, big rumour that it's confirmation of Goodwillie's signing on loan.

Do we know what the nature of Wylde's spat with Jim Leighton was? I hadn't even heard about it - was it a small incident in the technical area or something? Or was it something more private but reported in press?

Shame it never worked out with Wylde, but I have to say I have utter trust in the integrity of the current coaching staff, so I am sure it is a well-guided decision to cancel the contract. I hope the contract was cancelled without heavy financial implications on the club.

There was a falling out on the pitch for the hibs game, him and Leighton were shouting at each other and eventually Docherty came over and dragged Wylde away from the situation. I guess you can read into that what you want, but with him not being near the team, despite us losing most of our left sided players along with that would say there was a problem there. You dont rip up a 3 year contract of a 22 year old who has just signed unless there are issues there. 

Do we know what the nature of Wylde's spat with Jim Leighton was? I hadn't even heard about it - was it a small incident in the technical area or something? Or was it something more private but reported in press?

Shame it never worked out with Wylde, but I have to say I have utter trust in the integrity of the current coaching staff, so I am sure it is a well-guided decision to cancel the contract. I hope the contract was cancelled without heavy financial implications on the club.

I don't think he would have been allowed to leave if Dons had to pay him off at all.  Even if there was a pay-off, hopefully it was considerably less than the remainder of his contract. 

So my Dad casually dropped into conversation that Atletico Madrid want to sign Samaras from Celtic. I assured him he must have misheard - they're contenders for the title in Spain, no way would they be looking at Samaras. Just looked it up and it is in fact a real rumour.

Surely to fuck it is just a rumour. Samaras on his absolute best form can be brilliant but it seems like a really weird target for a team like Atletico. Anthony Stokes was keeping him out of a game not all that long ago.

As for the Wylde situation - it's clear something had gone on behind the scenes. Better all round for him to go and get some game time at St Mirren than warm the bench and pick up a high wage at Aberdeen. I like what I'm seeing from Aberdeen at the moment. It's been a while since the club has looked this good on the pitch, picking up good results and the management look like they know their shit. All that coupled with much better attendances - things look healthy again.

I'm a little concerned about Goodwillie coming to the dons. I hope McInnes knows what he's doing. We've done well lately at getting rid of dickheads from our team. And there's no sign he's actually going to get back to his best either.

Samaras rumour is obviously a load of crap.

I've seen nothing from McInnes to date that makes me not trust him to make an informed call on Goodwillie. That's if it's even him (which I'm pretty sure it will be). I'm also confident that he will slot in upfront for Aberdeen and score a bunch of goals. Worth noting that he's cup-tied for both the league and Scottish cups which is unfortunate and a small reason why I think there's an element of doubt surrounding 'his' announcement tomorrow.

Samaras was genuinely linked with Barcelona in the summer, too. Odd one but he's a Greek international who on his day - particularly at the last Euros - looked excellent. Wouldn't rule that out, he's available for free and on SPL wages, albeit on the high side.

It's just that Samaras can be comically, laugh out loud bad, at times.  Seeing him play for Barcelona would be funny.  Imagine he went there and was totally amazing!  Galloping around, running into things and cutting off all his passing options, but then just pulling a bit of magic out the bag. 

All it takes for a player to be genuinely linked with a club is for one person to say it on twitter and a paper to pick up on it. Or a paper to just invent it themselves. There's no way Barcelona considered buying Samaras. They got Neymar in the summer for fucks sake. I'd be amazed if the rumour even got any publicity outside Scotland. Scottish papers love to try and make our league look good by suggesting clubs from the big leagues are interested in players from clubs here. It's all just part of why the transfer windows are the most annoying times in British football. The summer one especially. 

Finish this last night.

fear.jpeg

A fantastic read. The amount of players and directors from both teams who contributed is amazing, really helps to feel you're getting the full story from both sides. 

Even in the final chapter covering the most recent period there was new information which I hadn't been aware of. One thing I found quite interesting was that in a briefing to players at Euro 2012 Collina used Pepe's red card from the champions league semi-final between the two clubs as an example of something which is a red card. Considering how controversial it was I wouldn't have had the balls to stand in front of those Madrid players and say that. Obviously no one would mess with Collina though.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/tom-english-graham-wallace-must-shake-up-rangers-1-3270114

Hard to believe what's going on at Rangers again. Basically doing what sent them bust in the first place and living way beyond their means. Would be quite happy for them die again and stay dead this time. Not missed at all from the premier league. 

Absolutely insane. It's been a train wreck in the boardroom since day one, I'm not even sure they know who own the club, and they simply haven't learned to cut their cloth accordingly. As soon as their transfer ban was lifted they went straight back to stockpiling players and paying SPL wages again, but in division 2. Fuck them all the way to hell.