aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Honestly though if I was a United fan and yesterday offered either Mata or a Carling Cup final spot against City I know which I would choose.

They were embarrassing yesterday but it was still one of the better days of their season with that news.

It certainly does seem to have taken the edge off getting knocked out of a semi final, at home, to SUNDERLAND. But if saves their blushes of getting absolutely twatted by City in the final, which certainly would have happened.

I dunno if Sunderland were good, or if United were just fucking awful. That Korean lad, Ki, totally bossed the midfield. He looked immense.

Swansea fucked up by not getting him back off his loan. Apparently they did have the opportunity until a certain date but left it too late.

Amusing own goal by Levante who were 1-0 up against Barca at the time:

MenacingAdmirableChrysomelid.gif

They went on to lose 1-4.

I had both matches on at the same time. Hilarious football all round last night.

Swansea look totally lost this season, they were all over the place against Spurs last week. Could it be that Brendan Rogers really do a good job there and last season was just a continuation of what they'd done under him and now that influence has waned they're falling apart? Shiiiiit.

About last night: I thought Sunderland looked tidy aside from John O'Shea's Bramble-esque inability to concentrate for any length of time. Cattermole had one of his good games where he makes a million perfectly timed tackles without flying two footed into anyone. Good show of restraint. They did lack any sort of attacking threat though with Adam Johnson had one of those frustrating games where he decides that the best course of action is to cut inside onto his left foot around 25 yards out and have a shot into the stands which comes off about once a month.

What's the point in Buttner? What is he supposed to be good at? The man is useless on the ball and got beaten by his opposite number over and over again in defence.

There's been a lot of talk about Swansea in the last couple of weeks which I honestly think has been way over the top. I don't think they've actually got much to worry about. Having said that, I suppose if the players have that attitude they very well might. Laudrup took them on leaps and bounds last season from Rodger's team the year before. He has to be given credit for it. 

They're low on confidence at the moment which was clear against Spurs, they lost their way as soon as they went behind. They actually looked very good and were bossing the game until the first goal against the run of play. 

They have suffered more with injuries than any other team lately and I'm sure their results will pick up soon once they get players back. Then there is the added factor of the europa league which has stretched the bare squad to the limit. I think it's a price worth playing though. I honestly don't see them finishing the season in any danger of relegation and think a first European run for the club is worth sacrificing four or five positions in the league for. They can finish higher again next season when they don't have those added games. 

Their next 4 league matches are against Fulham, West Ham, Cardiff and Stoke. If they fail to pick up many points from those I'll have to say I was wrong and have a re-think but I'd bet on them getting 7 from 12 and moving them to a safer position.

What's the point in Buttner? What is he supposed to be good at? The man is useless on the ball and got beaten by his opposite number over and over again in defence.

Somehow he gets games over Fabio. He is the worst United player for a long long time. He is bad at everything. He had that good debut against Wigan where he scored, and was doing stepovers in his own half like he was Lucio. Then he's been bad ever since.

Swansea look totally lost this season, they were all over the place against Spurs last week. Could it be that Brendan Rogers really do a good job there and last season was just a continuation of what they'd done under him and now that influence has waned they're falling apart? Shiiiiit.

Swansea remind me of Newcastle last season.  I don't think most fans appreciate how much the europa league depletes a team.  

Remember Newcastle were one place and one point outside the relegation zone with two games to go last season?!  Now with the same team (plus Remy) they're comfortable top half and only 7 points off top four. Mental.

Shit news if true. You always want all the best players at the World Cup. It feels like an age between World Cups, so you never know if some players will get the chance to play at one again. Especially Falcao, as Columbia don't always qualify. Falcao will be 32 when the next one rolls around. He might not be at the level he is now by then.

It's a shame Zlatan won't be there either. He probably won't play at another one again.

What an absolute chuff this man is. The non-Old Firm clubs did not have a chance of winning the league in the first place -- that has not changed, but the battle for second is fiercer and more competitive than it ever has been. I also don't think it's much of a coincidence that genuinely exciting players like Ryan Gauld, Stuart Armstrong, Andrew Robertson, John McGinn, Chris Johnston, etc., are coming through with the Govan hammer-throwers out of the league. Just look at the league: Aberdeen and Motherwell are quality outfits, as are United on their day. St. Johnstone are sturdy. Hibs are on the upswing with Terry Butcher (though they were shellacked today). County have torn their squad to pieces and started looking decent again. Even Partick Thistle are capable of excitement on occasion.

Can't decide if Burley is a troll or just thick as shit.

I don't get why Celtic going on an unbeaten run is that big a deal anyway (with regards to league competitiveness). Did anyone complain when Arsenal or Juve did it in their leagues?  The fact is that even with both cheeks of the old firm in the top league they usually lost a few times a season to lesser teams.  It would still take a phenomenal run of performances and luck for Celtic to go the whole season with or without Rangers here.

Aside from huns, Del and fools like Burley no-one is missing Rangers.

Perhaps the recent upsurge in newspaper columns like this which are attempting to reignite the idea of Rangers getting shovelled into the top division is because they realise that with no money and with Hearts, Dundee or Falkirk, Hamilton and maybe Dunfermline if they get through a playoff and Partick if they don't, all in the same league as them next season it won't be a simple job to win the division and get into the premiership.

Bit of an odd transfer though, unless they plan on lightening the load. PSG are top heavy with midfielders. . Their starting midfield usually consists of Motta, Matuidi and Verratti, which is very solid. Or if Motta doesn't play, Javier Pastore often plays the advanced role where Cabaye has been playing alot this season. I dont know who Cabaye would slot in for out of those, or if Cabaye is just going to be a rather expensive squad player. Perhaps he's Motta's replacement, who is getting on a bit, and seems to get injured alot.