aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

You wont find one. They are all pretty much written from one side of the argument. 

From a fans point of view, i have not missed Rangers in the league, i dont feel its lost anything without them, and i dont feel my club is worse off because they are not in the league. 

Ask any Rangers fan, or some one writing from that point of view and they will say the league is lacking and the football has suffered, ask anyone not on that side and they will say the opposite.

All i can say is, no clubs have gone bust, Hearts are an exception who were always going under with or without Rangers. In the summer we were lead to believe that Caly, Aberdeen and United were all going to go bust without Rangers, but none of it has happened or even came close. There was a lot of scaremongering thrown around but little if any has come true. 

• Upvote 1

RED CARD - Crystal Palace 1-0 Hull - Allan McGregor

Crazy scenes! Stuart O'Keefe is late on Hull keeper Allan McGregor - who kicked off with Cameron Jerome a few minutes ago - and the Scot is sent-off for his reaction!

Hull have used all their subs so Tom Huddlestone is in goal.

This is maybe the highlight of the week.

Lulz.

Reminds me of Twitter during a transfer window, when everybody and their grandmother is suddenly an expert on the latest 17-year-old that Arsenal have plucked from France's fourth tier. 

Pretty much the same as this, equally funny, apologies it's not football related and Jimmy Kimmel's in it.

Seems to be highly rated in France. PSG were linked with him before they went for Cabaye. Reports were suggesting Grenier didn't want to go to PSG for personal reasons, most likely Lyon being his boyhood club.

I've only seen him play twice. One was against PSG earlier in the season. The commentator was totally bigging him up. He looked tidy. The other time was against England. He scored the opening goal and looked pretty decent.

I've watched a fair bit of French football on BT Sport this season, and he's always looked good to me; much like Cabaye in many respects (genuinely good kicker of the ball, if that doesn't sound too trite), but he has a little more acceleration and the genuine ability to go past an opponent. Loves a Hollywood pass, but they often work. I really liked watching Cabaye play football, but if Grenier settles in well, he'll surpass what Cabaye could offer in offensive areas.

I don't recall him demonstrate much desire to win tackles or win back possession, which is one thing lacking that Cabaye frequently displayed; Cabaye can get feisty. He'll possibly be played further forward than Cabaye, or out wide with Sissoko returning central, so it'll be about finding the right balance if he plans to play Ben Arfa at the same time. With Grenier and Ben Arfa out wide and Luuk De Jong available, there is now another central target along with Remy. I have also seen Grenier deployed right behind a lone front man, so Pardew has the option of using him there, too, depending on who is available. Newcastle are becoming an interesting team to watch sometimes, and I should probably stop becoming surprised at how good some of their players actually are. Some of them are so tactically flexible, and I have to say Debuchy impresses me almost every time I see him play.

genuinely good kicker of the ball

How hard can he kick it?

I'm listening to 5 Live for the first time in ages (thanks Hola unblocker). Robbie Savage sounds like a stroke victim. He just spouts anti-insight after anti-insight. I wince when I see his name anywhere near anything. His 'articles' for the BBC website are laughable. Who knew Moyes could use Juan Mata 'in the hole, behind the two main strikers' - thanks for your incredible tactical analysis although it probably didn't need 500 words for you to tell me.

Robbie Savage is better than Souness at least. Robbie Savage seems to have a better grasp of football, despite being a bit of a buffoon. At least he will mostly just state the obvious, as if his audience is people who never watched a game of football, ever. Souness doesn't seem to understand anything about football.

His recent article said that Juan Mata should play in a midfield two, alongside Carrick. Mental. He was traditionally a winger, who then started playing behind a striker. Souness has decided he's now a deep lying midfielder. Souness hath spoken.

I dont see how Jose can complain All West Ham did was what his Inter team did to Barca a few seasons back or what he tried to get his Real team to do. 

Good on West Ham they really needed that point.

On another note. Nani to Inter on loan for the rest of the season is doing the rounds today...