aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Yeah, but he hasnt really done it in two seasons now, either through poor form or injuries. I think United signed him up on a new deal so they wouldnt lose him for cheap. Either that or Moyes thought he could do a job and clearly he just hasnt offered anything he needs. You never know, he might get fit, play well for 6 months and get back into the side, but the talk is, this is just so Sporting can pull together enough money to sign him in the summer.

Edited by The Milner

Jose's so much more of a dick than he used to be. He was always a bit of a twat, but a likable one. Now he's more often than not full of shite.

The thing which bugged me last night was that he said it was okay for West Ham to play like that but you can't expect to sell the premier league around the world with those kind of games. Actually a match like last night is quite entertaining. There wasn't a shortage of opportunities and there's the constant tension of whether Chelsea would finally get one or West Ham could hold out. The real turgid matches that harm the premier league is the like of Man U - Chelsea at the start of the season when two unadventurous big teams serve up a load of insomnia curing drivel. 

Yeah, but he hasnt really done it in two seasons now, either through poor form or injuries. I think United signed him up on a new deal so they wouldnt lose him for cheap. Either that or Moyes thought he could do a job and clearly he just hasnt offered anything he needs. You never know, he might get fit, play well for 6 months and get back into the side, but the talk is, this is just so Sporting can pull together enough money to sign him in the summer.

Could be the case. I'd be surprised if Moyes let him go. Nani said recently it was Moyes' belief in him that convinced him to stay. He did play a couple of good games earlier in the season, and then got injured, which always seems to happen. He looks ropey, builds up a bit of momentum, than his hamstring goes.

He's a tough one to judge. He's supremely talented, but always get knacked, then struggled to get back into the side. If he could stay fit, he'd be excellent, as he showed from 2010-2012. It'd be good if he could stay fit and continue at that level, especially considering that Antonio Valencia has decided he's going to be shite all the time now.

Jose's so much more of a dick than he used to be. He was always a bit of a twat, but a likable one. Now he's more often than not full of shite.

The thing which bugged me last night was that he said it was okay for West Ham to play like that but you can't expect to sell the premier league around the world with those kind of games. Actually a match like last night is quite entertaining. There wasn't a shortage of opportunities and there's the constant tension of whether Chelsea would finally get one or West Ham could hold out. The real turgid matches that harm the premier league is the like of Man U - Chelsea at the start of the season when two unadventurous big teams serve up a load of insomnia curing drivel.

I said pretty much that about Jose but the post didn't send for some reason. He just seems like a total dick now. He was always arrogant but quite funny/charming with it.

I now hope Chelsea get relegated.

He lacks the class that Bobby Martinez oozes.

On his day Nani is one of uniteds best players, but sadly he just hasnt kept the form up, or been able to stay fit. Shame because there is a world class player in there.

When he first signed for United I was sure he would develop into the next Ronaldo. Ronaldo was very similar in his first season - full of tricks but his end product wasn't really there. Then something clicked and he learned to release the ball at the right moment and he started to create lots of goals and then he learned to score 50 goals a week and now he's world player of the year.

Nani had a couple of good seasons but just hasn't hit the heights. The best thing I remember him doing was showboating against Arsenal, balancing the ball on his head and someone (I forget who) absolutely breaking him in half for it.

Edited by Gladstone

Rio Ferdinand, Sam Johnstone, and Anders Lindegaard did an AMA (ask me anything) thread on Reddit earlier today:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1wjy9a/hi_reddit_were_rio_ferdinand_sam_johnstone_and/

It's predictably crap but it's almost amusing for the questions that weren't answered.

"Rio! Why did you skip that drug test?"

"Rio, 10 years on, would you be able to explain the missing drug tests? Was there an amicable reason or was it simply a case of not waking up on time? As a uni student, i would fully understand the latter."

"Rio, how long did it take for you to clamber out of the window when the drug testers turned up?"

"Why'd you miss that drug test Rio?"

"So.... why did you miss the drug test?"

"Rio, when you 'forgot' your drugs test, why was that exactly?"

"Rio. Fuck off. Love Leeds fans. X"

"How come you "forgot" to take a drugs test?"

"This AmA is almost as disappointing as United's season"

"Fuck off, you twats"

Nah. He's not shit. He's hugely inconsistent though. Probably because he's injured 6 months of the year. He was excellent from 09/10 to 11/12. 11/12 especially. He and Valencia took the piss that year. Then as usual, he was injured most of last season. Started this season well, and predictably got injured.

His hamstrings are made of biscuit.

Anyone see the Racing/Sociedad 'game' just now? The Racing players walked off the pitch, having not been paid since as far back as October. Sociedad kicked off, and the Racing players huddled on the centre circle, as did all the staff in the technical area along the touchline, and the game was abandoned

http://vimeo.com/85472435

Allegedly, Racing fans tried to attack the clubs president during a game against Almeria the other night. I also read that a number of their B team players don't have money for accommodation so have been living and sleeping in the training ground, as the clubs president is refusing to be accountable for the club's debts and player wages. I don't know how concrete any of that is, or if it's unsubstantiated rumours.

Seemingly it's the same consortium led by Ahsan Ali Syed which tried to buy Blackburn before Venkys did.  

BBC is quoting Mourinho saying West Ham play "19th Century football", which doesn't make sense as as far as I'm aware it would've been much less defensive then!

Indeed if they were playing 19th century football West Ham without doubt would have been set out in a 2-3-5 formation and unless there were some scots on the team all about lumping it forward and going on mad dribbles brushing past the opposition. They'd have also have been appalled by such ungentlemanly conduct as feigning injury.

That wont open for me, whats it about? 

Horrific 'lad banter' from Keys & Gray in video form.

In other news, I see that Fulham are set to sign Lewis Holtby, with Berba heading back to Spurs as part of the deal. Good signings on both counts, but surely Fulham in a relegation battle would want Holtby to be supplying Berbatov? They are in for that Greek striker too I suppose.

Also another big move expected at Man Utd, and City finally going for an apparently decent (but Champs League cup-tied) centre back to partner Kompany from Porto, called Mangala; along with a midfielder called Fernando. Fernando and Fernandinho at centre mid. Michael Owen might struggle.