aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Yeah but it's not like he's recovering from a hamstring injury or a broken leg where they can accurately estimate how bad the damage is and how long it will take to get back fit. It's a chronic bowel disease. Guess depending on how the doctors are treating it there's every chance he could get a more detailed diagnosis tomorrow that says he may never play again.

Yeah but a guy like Fletcher is not going to make the decision to retire in only 2/3 months, if he has battled through for this long with the problem he is not going to give up on his playing career so quickly, even if he is told tomorrow he might not recover he will still try. Lee McAlister was told he would never walk properly again and def would never box again by doctors after his bike accident, doctors are not always right.

Guest Gladstone

It's so disappointing for Fletcher and on a really selfish note for Scotland.

I really hope he somehow manages to come back to top level football (for his sake mind, not for mine as a Scotland fan!!!)

I don't really know much about this guy but at the price it could be a great signing if he fits in well.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/28/chelsea-marko-marin-werder-bremen

Bit of a mad weekend in the premiership, I've caught up with some of the goals this morning. Wigan's recent form has been amazing. I think them and spurs may have swapped players a while ago and no one noticed.

The only game I saw was the Chelsea match which cheered me up some what when I was feeling like death. Looking ahead to next year Torres finding his goal scoring form again could be the best thing to happen to the club.

Marin is a truly bizarre signing given that there was zero speculation over him - either very well handled by Chelsea, or they've decided they don't stand much chance of getting Hazard on board. Possibly both, really. Certainly cheap enough, and the last time Chelsea spent that amount on a player he's turned out to be pretty bloody good even if he's shit on paper.

Thoroughly enjoyable game yesterday. Yaya Toure is a machine. I don't think there is a more powerful player anywhere in the world. The way he can go through the gears is incredible. Clichy is also a beast of a player, who doesn't get the recognition he deserves. City deserved the win and the league. I'm sure there's another twist in the tail to come though.

LOLerpool.

Has Hodgson taken over at England immediately or is he going to be in the dug out for the last two West Brom games? It would be fucking brilliant if they finished above Liverpool with Hodgson in charge.

His contract runs until June 30 but he will leave after the EPL finishes.