aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I don't really know much about this guy but at the price it could be a great signing if he fits in well.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/28/chelsea-marko-marin-werder-bremen

Bit of a mad weekend in the premiership, I've caught up with some of the goals this morning. Wigan's recent form has been amazing. I think them and spurs may have swapped players a while ago and no one noticed.

The only game I saw was the Chelsea match which cheered me up some what when I was feeling like death. Looking ahead to next year Torres finding his goal scoring form again could be the best thing to happen to the club.

Guest Gladstone

All against Liverpool - it's written in the stars...

JT can prove he's no racist by breaking Suarez in half. Maybe.

I missed most of the football at the weekend - was there any aggro between Chelsea / QPR? Or just a torrent of goals?

so glad City scored the opener, think Sir Purple Face has got his tactics wrong so far apart from a bright opening couple of mins United have defended far too deeply and City got more confident as the half went on, they were stroking the ball around neatly with some impressive build up play and the final ball letting them down. Goal was a soft one to concede mind but City deserve to be ahead so far. A cagey affair as you'd expect but compelling nonetheless.

I actually think Woy for England is a good appointment even if a little safe but you look at his record in general and his experience in the game and he has actually won quite a number of trophies in his career, I'd say on paper he is a better candidate than 'Arry. However I'd have preferred to see the pasty face tax dodger in charge, I like 'Arry but would never buy a second hand car off him. I think the main stumbling block for Woy could be dealing with the England prima donnas whereas 'Arry would have just clipped them round the ear and given them detention!

Only caught the second half, but United were shite, looked like they were playing for the draw. They couldn't get it past City's midfield, never mind their defence. I still have a feeling City are going to blow it though. Mancini seems to be getting at Fergie with the mindgames though, "we have two tough games left and United have two easy games". Aye, settle.

Deserved to lose. Better team. Better players. City've got players who can play and keep the ball. United kept losing it after 3 passes. They couldn't even keep it on the ground. They just made it so easy for City to win the ball back. Apart from Kompany's goal, which Smalling made a total bollock of, I thought United's defending was excellent, but when on the ball, totally awful.

The lack of attacking players with any sort of guile and intelligence is severely lacking. Rooney was the lone frontman and he kept having to drop so deep to get the ball forward because nobody else can do it. They'd get it out to a winger and cross it no nobody because ROONEY WASN'T THERE! Aguero didn't have to do that, because they've got players who can play a forward pass, and run with it and eventually supply him with the ball.

The title wasn't lost last night though. All season long I don't think anyone expected United to win away to City, but there's so many stumbles throughout the season that can be pinpointed. Home to Blackburn is probably the obvious one, but also dropping 8 points out of 12 in the last few weeks is probably where it should lie. 8 points clear, probably very undeservedly, but still 8 points clear! That Everton game was huge. They could have lost last night and still been 2 points clear if Evans and Rio hadn't have crumbled last week. Poor.

Hopefully if United don't win the league, it will open some eyes as to how the midfield has been riding their luck for years. The last central midfielder United bought was ANDERSON 5 years ago. He's shit. Cleverley looked like he was going to be THE BOSS, but god knows what happened to him; always injured. Fletcher may never return to previous form. Carrick is okay, but he needs a prolific midfielder to sit behind. Scholes is the king, but he's not the answer. He's a deep lying midfielder, like Carrick. United need somebody who is good enough to sop Rooney having to come out of his position. Either that, or buy a striker as good as Rooney and let Rooney play deeper. At the moment, he has to do both because the midfield can't play high enough, and there's no striker as good as him in the team.

Thankfully Newcastle are better than United and have players who can really play, so they have more chance of winning and/or actually getting a shot on target next week, though if United do win the league, it would be resoundingly undeserved. Then again, to still be joint top after being without Vidic all season long is pretty emphatic in itself. City really did wobble in those games when Kompany was out. I'd like to see how they would have done without their captain all season. Savic makes Jonny Evans look as good as Franco Baresi.

City deserved to win, but they are still a bunch of horrid fucking scabs.