aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Is Essein still crocked? He used to be a pretty handy fill in CB.

So Barca this season has to be considered a massive failure? Just the league cup against Bilbao and how much did they spend last summer? 30 on Cesc, 27 on Sanchez? Best team ever.

An equivalent to the league cup does not exist in Spain and no the best team ever was last year's Barca if you are a judging on a single season basis.

Football is shit. Shouldn't exist. Awful sport. Fuck off.

I'm going to get James Richardson into cross country skiing and then I can completely defect.

How it's been contrived that Chelsea (a team I've generally favoured for the last 16 years) can make the Champions League final and yet I only feel depressed ab out it, sickens me really.

Think I pulled a muscle celebrating that 3rd barca goal that was then revealed to be offside. At least the decision was correct this time and I there's no 2010 sense of injustice.

The only thing that makes it worthwhile is this happening http://www.footballorgin.com/2012/04/gary-nevilles-reaction-when-torres.html

The worst part is now I'm going to have to plan proper lessons for the next month and not just chat to my students about football half the time.

Thankfully a couple of mates were up for drinks after the game otherwise this post might have been a lot more pathetic and less tipsy rambling.

First: Champions League FINAL

Second: Ashley Cole is the best at what he does on a football pitch and what he does in his personal life is of no consequence to me so I'm fine with him playing in a final of a major competition. John Terry, well, he misses the final so that's amusing enough for me to be ok with it.

Third: Barcelona had their chances and didn't take them. Chelsea did take theirs. Chelsea go through. That's football. That's fair.

• Upvote 1

Guest Gladstone

And this guy is a prick:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17829739

It's been said already, but who the fuck do Rangers think they are exactly? Fucking cunts have nobody to blame but themselves for the situation they're in. A 160k fine is not the thing that will put the team under, it's the fucking multi-millions of unpaid taxes and multi-million pounds of debts they've racked up whilst cheating for the last 20 years. Fuck off and die.

He also thinks that keeping Rangers in the SPL is good for Scottish Football. Oh yeah? The same Rangers that have been screwing over Scottish Football for the past 20 years. Arrogant cunts.

Paradroid. I thought Chelsea were your other team that aren't your local team? Have Barca eclipsed them since you've been living there?

I agree with Woods. It's good to see anybody can beat anybody, and that's why football is great. Barca have conquered the world over the past few years, and they did it in a practically unstoppable manner, but it's good to see teams are able to beat them and bring them back down to everyone elses level. I dislike Chelsea too, quite alot actually, but I seem to always want Barca's opponents to win, just to keep things interesting. Barca are getting found out a fair bit at the moment. They just need a couple of direct players who can at least get the ball behind the first defender. You can't always walk the ball into the net.

I couldn't be a Barca fan. Last nights game was tense, but they are very dull to watch when a team defend in numbers. It's just constantly passing along the edge of the final third, waiting for a gap, and it rarely ever came last night. They've got wingers who can't take on full backs, and attacking midfielders who don't have the guts to take a shot from 20 yards. They only had 1 shot on target in the last 10 minutes, and that was from Mascherano, who'd obviously gotten bored of tapping it about. If you're not getting any joy getting through a clustered defence, then at least take them out of the equation and try and trouble the keeper.

Great achievement for Chelsea, but I do think Bayern or Real will win it. Hopefully Bayern.

He's got a massive engine. He always tucks in, when alot of full backs will still be to the left or right of the goal and ball watch, leaving it all to the holding midfielder(s) and centre backs. He's everywhere, and he gets right into the opponents penalty areas too. Best full back. Better than Evra, but that's because he's shit now, but he's still the best guy ever.

Paradroid. I thought Chelsea were your other team that aren't your local team? Have Barca eclipsed them since you've been living there?

Yeah they have, it's a little strange, I've liked Chelsea for a long time but really for the only reason that I'd always watch English football and my young self needed a team to follow. The same way that when Football Italia was on I liked Juve a lot, actually from further back than chelsea. I didn't really watch much la liga before coming here but I got into it pretty quickly and after a few years of going to games when I can, watching the majority of them out in bars, talking and reading about the team almost every day I feel a stronger attachment to Barca than Chelsea. The fact that when they are on top form they play my idea of perfect football certainly doesn't harm things either.

He has a great knack for being in the right place at the right time (positioning: 20) - I can't think of anyone else who makes as many goal line clearances as him. Great at covering against quick counter attacks.

It is actually ridiculous how often he makes goal line clearances. I've never noticed any other player do it so often as him.

Best of luck to Mackie wherever he goes. He may not be a complete forward but he works harder than most and has scored some fantastic goals for the team over the years.

Probably right that he leaves now though.

As for the rest of the leavers, Arnason's the biggest loss but he can't reject a contract then turn around a few months and say he really wants to stay after all and expect a better offer from the club. Was never going to happen and he's already been replaced. McArdle hasn't made his position his own despite being a near permanent selection since he arrived and the other three have been unlucky with injuries or just never made an impact. Has Uchechi played more than a couple of times for the club?

McArdle is the only surprise there, he's a fine defender for us. I liked what I saw of Chalali, but och weel. Magennis is clearly being tutored to play at right-back. That's a bold move, but I hope it works out.

Darren Mackie will no longer be at Pittodrie next season. I don't know what to say/do.

Aye McCardle's been good for us but we have too many centre-backs as it is. We need someone who plays there naturally...like Josh Magennis...I hope the guy does well there but it is a big move. I don't really see the point on spending first team-level wages on Langfield when he'll hardly play. I'd imagine he'd feature in the cups next year and Brown will play the league games.

Shame for Folly: did really well for us when he first started but too many injuries. Chalali looked to be coming on as a striker as well but after scoring 2 in 2 he just disappeared for the season. Mackie has been awful for a long time and it's right he leaves. Good luck to him and hope he gets a good send off but I can see him going to Alloa or Montrose or somewhere like that. Not even near the quality of the SPL, or the first division either probably.

Arnason hasn't really played well for a few months now and I don't think we'll miss him as much as we could have.

Onwards and upwards!